MiG-29 DCS level

FINISTRUS

I suspect that one of the main challenges for making the Full Fidelity Eagle and Fulcrum are actually making both Full Fidelity and FC3 version co-habit in the DCS ecosystem, and hopefully with MAC those issues will be resolved and ground work put in place they will be announced.

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Its Time for Russian DCS Fighter Modules like the Mig29 or SU27, to Fight against the F-16C and F/A-18C. A FC3 Systemupgrade for Both, would be the easiest and fastest way to Create them.

#Justdreaming

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

It occurred to me that the Russian section of this forum is much more informative than what we have on the english speaking section. Not the first time I see this kind of discrepancy between the english and russian forums. I'd love that Eagle Dynamics would hire or task someone fluent in english and russian to bring over the informations provided to the Russian community.

I think I have to work on my Russian again :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also only understand Vodka, but it would be great, if anyone can translate the important updates for us.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I suspect that one of the main challenges for making the Full Fidelity Eagle and Fulcrum are actually making both Full Fidelity and FC3 version co-habit in the DCS ecosystem, and hopefully with MAC those issues will be resolved and ground work put in place they will be announced.

Easy. That's what MAC will be there for. A full-fi module would just replace the FC3 one in DCS.

I'd so much love to see a clickable MiG-29 in DCS... or a Flanker (could probably also be done by Deka, in form of the J-11). But I look forward to the MiG-23MLA more than that twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Easy. That's what MAC will be there for. A full-fi module would just replace the FC3 one in DCS.

I'd so much love to see a clickable MiG-29 in DCS... or a Flanker (could probably also be done by Deka, in form of the J-11). But I look forward to the MiG-23MLA more than that twilightsmile.png

What about for those who already own FC3. Surely you cant just expect ED to delete aircraft from the DCS environment that people have already bought an paid for or would want to continue to fly in.

IMO FC3 and DCS should still be compatible without one another than being entirely separate.

And yea the Mig23MLA will be intresting to fly, will be even better when it has an F4E and perhaps a Mirage F1 to tango with ;)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

What about for those who already own FC3. Surely you cant just expect ED to delete aircraft from the DCS environment that people have already bought an paid for or would want to continue to fly in.

IMO FC3 and DCS should still be compatible without one another than being entirely separate.

IMHO they should be updated with the new features. So when a module comes out that has to be bought, FC3 owners or owners of that specific FC3 plane should get a reasonable discount then. Of course this would still leave the problem with people not wanting to upgrade at first getting their plane taken away from them, but in the long term it would be wise to upgrade all of them to DCS level in regards of the systems. MAC will then continue the FC line, which is already planned even for some full modules that will be stripped down to FC3 grade, like the F-5 or MiG-21.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Fighter Pilot Podcast I think spoke about it, along with maybe the Alert 5 Podcast (not sure).

Wags said if a 3rd Party wanted to, they could.

I personally posted it on russian part of the forum several times along with the direct link to the podcast. But a lot of users don't believe either Matt or Chizh and some think ED is biased towards western aircrafts, do it because of money/politics etc (I noticed some of you want to refresh your russian - you can check corresponding thread by yourself).

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

Everyone can say whatever they want, but ED cannot argue what they say to us. At first they say one thing, then they call other reasons, and they refuse to tell in more detail. What will change after ED changes the location? Initially, they made the Su-27, MiG-29, and now these planes have become secret in order to make an animated cockpit and modify some systems ... ED said that they create modules for accessible documents, and that they do not come up with what is inaccessible themselves.

[sIGPIC]https://vk.com/vfa133[/sIGPIC]

[...]I'd so much love to see a clickable MiG-29 in DCS... or a Flanker (could probably also be done by Deka, in form of the J-11).[...]
Flanker looks nice, but it has fly-by-wire (boring!!!!). Mig-29 and Mig-23 are much more interesting planes to fly and to fight in!

We really need a good write up from somebody knowledgeable of why certain Russian and newer aircraft are not feasible at this time. Because these types of questions will always keep coming up from new people. Its impossible to keep explaining to them all the various details that are scattered all over the place.

However I will share with you all a new post about the announcement of the development of the OH-58D Kiowa. Other than the mention of the Kiowa it goes into some interesting details of what it takes for a 3rd party developer to even get the necessary permissions to get the green light from ED to develop a new module for DCS. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-11-29_Kiowa_Announced/

However I will share with you all a new post about the announcement of the development of the OH-58D Kiowa. Other than the mention of the Kiowa it goes into some interesting details of what it takes for a 3rd party developer to even get the necessary permissions to get the green light from ED to develop a new module for DCS. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-11-29_Kiowa_Announced/

This was also mentioned in the same thread on russian part of the forum

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

They already ststed that they cannot produce any Russian made full fidelity module due government until they are located in Russia.

Wasn't it opposite, as long ED is a Russian company, they cant do it, but third party company could....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes, only if they were outside Russia

whats what they said, but if you read that comment, its quite contradictory to the official statement.

it would seem it would still be possible for a Russian company to at least do a cold war vintage type Gen 4 like Mig29A, or Su27S in spite what ED said.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

So mostly the take away is there is no prohibition from goverment specifically, but enough doc wise might be hard to get due to being classified or too old and therefore lost. So if some 3rd party wants to do it more power to them, but it isnt worth it for ED to bother when there are easier modules to make.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

So mostly the take away is there is no prohibition from government specifically, but enough doc wise might be hard to get due to being classified or too old and therefore lost. So if some 3rd party wants to do it more power to them, but it isn't worth it for ED to bother when there are easier modules to make.

Or the profit angle that a Teen fighter with a "glass cockpit" and other bells and whistles could sell better.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Or the profit angle that a Teen fighter with a "glass cockpit" and other bells and whistles could sell better.

My compromise would then be to settle on the MiG-35. ;)

FzkpgvG.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

My compromise would then be to settle on the MiG-35. ;)

FzkpgvG.png

Yea would be nice wouldn't it? But its about as likely to happen as an F/A18F block 3

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I think that this was the dominant reasons until now and if i'm not mistaken Chizh recently posted something along the lines in the russian forums.

I honestly hope that with f-16 and f-18 available for purchase, the profit angle changes a bit, as modern blufor has probably reached some degree of saturation. Sure, someone's favorite plane will always be missing (mudhen, superbug...), but in the end they are all so similar in handling and capabilities, that they will be less and less attractive for everyone but the hardcore-fans of that particular airframe.

I hope we'll see some more pilot's aircrafts in the future (Mig-29, Mig-23, Mig-25, Thunderchief, A-7 Corsair II etc.)!

I think that this was the dominant reasons until now and if i'm not mistaken Chizh recently posted something along the lines in the russian forums.

I honestly hope that with f-16 and f-18 available for purchase, the profit angle changes a bit, as modern blufor has probably reached some degree of saturation. Sure, someone's favorite plane will always be missing (mudhen, superbug...), but in the end they are all so similar in handling and capabilities, that they will be less and less attractive for everyone but the hardcore-fans of that particular airframe.

I hope we'll see some more pilot's aircrafts in the future (Mig-29, Mig-23, Mig-25, Thunderchief, A-7 Corsair II etc.)!

Just about any American aircraft from the Vietnam era would sell well just because of the history and ties many Americans still have with them.

This is a broad generalisation that I recognise isn't true in all cases, but it seems from many posts on the forum that E.D. think American's have the money, and are patriotic, and they want to buy the most recent US aircraft available and reinforce its superiority - preferably by shooting fish in a barrel.

Forget serving up a balanced fight, just provide a mechanism for domination.

(Like my boy when he was 8 wanted the Transam with the bazooka cheat to blow up the Romans in Age of Empires)

I've read posts by Chizh that make me think he thinks Western (US) audiences are 1/ not particularly interested in Russian aircraft, and that 2/ Russian aircraft aren't up to scratch anyway - so wouldn't provide the kind of experience the audience are after.

If E.D. don't think they have an audience, and think that if they modelled them correctly they'd be a bit sh*t compared to Western aircraft, why would they work hard to get access to the docs & the OK to model them ?

If that's the case then it's a self fulfilling prophesy - only make modern Western aircraft, then point at how much they out sell the Russian FC3 aircraft...

Cheers.

This is a broad generalisation that I recognise isn't true in all cases, but it seems from many posts on the forum that E.D. think American's have the money, and are patriotic, and they want to buy the most recent US aircraft available and reinforce its superiority - preferably by shooting fish in a barrel.

Forget serving up a balanced fight, just provide a mechanism for domination.

(Like my boy when he was 8 wanted the Transam with the bazooka cheat to blow up the Romans in Age of Empires)

I've read posts by Chizh that make me think he thinks Western (US) audiences are 1/ not particularly interested in Russian aircraft, and that 2/ Russian aircraft aren't up to scratch anyway - so wouldn't provide the kind of experience the audience are after.

If E.D. don't think they have an audience, and think that if they modelled them correctly they'd be a bit sh*t compared to Western aircraft, why would they work hard to get access to the docs & the OK to model them ?

If that's the case then it's a self fulfilling prophesy - only make modern Western aircraft, then point at how much they out sell the Russian FC3 aircraft...

I watched for a long time how the Mi-8 could be brought down from the machine, while the UH-1 withstood air defense attacks

[sIGPIC]https://vk.com/vfa133[/sIGPIC]