[REPORTED]Spitfire gunsight disappears

Rolds

• ED Team
Any new about this problem? It happen like I told with a 10:1 ratio...but still happen.

Still on the list to do I am afraid, as soon as we have tweaked it we will put it in the change log, I just can not give a ETA currently.

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Still on the list to do I am afraid, as soon as we have tweaked it we will put it in the change log, I just can not give a ETA currently.

Ok, no problem, the most important thing is that will be adressed. I don't know if it was intentionally implemented to simulate the bulb blow that sometimes Spitfire's pilots experienced but, if this is the case, we need like in the reality, the possibility to change it during the fly (like the real pilots do...) because at the moment we have the "problem" but not the solution. :thumbup:

I thought this had been fixed in an update. I have not seen this happen for months!

Likewise. I fly the Spitty regularly, often for an hour or more without between takeoff and landing and have not seen this occur since a fix was announced some 18 months ago after the community reported a spate of occurrences happening after 20-30 minutes of flight time.

Not to deny that you chaps currently experiencing it are, however, it does suggest something unique to your local machine/installation.

Are you using any Spitfire gunsight mods? If no, have you tried running a repair of DCS world?

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another track, first time I flew the spitfire in weeks so I'd say for December this has a 100% failure rate! It is the same thing, reticule bulb failure shows up in the events log which makes it seem like an intended failure built into the module. However we don't currently have the ability to replace the bulb with one of the spares on the right side of the cockpit. And it fails extremely often!! Just take this failure out until the ability to replace the bulb is implemented.

reticule bulb failure Dec 19, 2020.trk

It happened once to me yesterday, Dec 23rd, for the first time. Will keep testing.

Edit Dec 24:

In my subsequent flight, in The Channel map after a few minutes after take off, the sight disappeared. I attach the log file, you may find something as you surely know where to look at.

My graphic card is an Asus Nvidia GForce GTX1070 Ti, microprocessor Intel I7 8700k not OC, 32 Gb RAM, 500gb Kingston SSD.

dcs.log

Edited by Alejo68

Sadly, I have to report that I had this issue yesterday in a flight on the Channel map.  Thought it was fixed! Oh well...

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Here is another track, still occuring 100% of the time when playing spitfire mkIX in single player. Note that I almost always adjust the reticule brightness, maybe that is related? However it is quite obvious that this is a failure built into the game that needs to be adjusted as the failure appears in the mission log.

reticule bulb failure Dec 26, 2020.trk

5 hours ago, Rolds said:

Here is another track, still occuring 100% of the time when playing spitfire mkIX in single player. Note that I almost always adjust the reticule brightness, maybe that is related? However it is quite obvious that this is a failure built into the game that needs to be adjusted as the failure appears in the mission log.

reticule bulb failure Dec 26, 2020.trk 1.09 MB · 1 download

Yep, I see it, right at the end of the track.  For me, it's random. Doesn't happen for weeks, and then it does!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

if the bulbs are going to blow can we get a game mechanic to swap in a new one from the sidewall

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

After flying multiple 60~70 minute missions in DCS Liberation on the Channel map, with the gunsight on from engine start to engine shutdown, never clearing fxo/metashader folders, I have not experienced the bulb burning out at all. I wouldn't be surprised if this were a unique issue to users' individual computers. 

Just to add to the infos, I had this yesterday as I was doing simple training missions to attack a Bomber. 
As I was getting shot at by the tailgunner I thought it was a failure due to damage. 

I run the "glass scratch mod" and I adjust the range and base for the gunsight in every flight. 

Maybe that info can help somehow. I don't have a track for the moment...

Hmm, can you post your mission? Or is it a standard one?

It is a simple mission I created to practice firing and actually hitting something 🤣.

I never saved tracks but I will be flying this mission a few times this evening so I can save a track when it occurs. I will post the mission too.

Sorry for not replying earlier but I could not reproduce the error. 
Only thing I did change was the ammunition. I always had "training ammo" or how it's called and switched to anti-bomber. 
Maybe the issue is just with one type of ammo. Will try again to reproduce and saving the replay track this time

Edited by Steda
Typos