[REPORTED] High-quality A-10C cockpit switch logic

BTW, wasn't shark cockpit is due to be released prior to a-10?

The shark doesn't just get a new textures and 3D model of cockpit, but unlike A-10C the shark gets missing features implemented, totally new cockpit functions, new flight model (that comes to all helicopters IIRC) and likely new other features. And then the BS3 upgrade license gives you more modern shark.... Or more capable to say, as BS2 is about KA-50 #25 from 2001 when it went to Second Chechens war, and after that trials, it has received two serial production upgrades, where latest is a full glass cockpit, unlike our "Steam gauges and CRT television".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More info to come on that. Sorry, nothing more to share right now.

thanks Nineline looking forward to those info when available :D

as a feedback to the recent update: very nice texture indeed and again I very much enjoy it, however during night time the pit is really dark, and even with the flood lights set to max it still very dim.

Any chance you guys can increase the intensity of the flood lights? Or at least enable a torchlight?

Thanks

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

Just an update, they do feel the view needs a slight tweak.

Traditional monitor view needs more than a slightly tweak. In the real jet with the HUD on I can see all the information without having to move my head around drastically as I do with the new cockpit model. VR is close but not exactly correct.

Also it appears that the windscreen (and canopy) curvature is wrong now.

Edited by Snoopy

• ED Team
Traditional monitor view needs more than a slightly tweak. In the real jet with the HUD on I can see all the information without having to move my head around drastically as I do with the new cockpit model. VR is close but not exactly correct.

Also it appears that the windscreen (and canopy) curvature is wrong now.

Hmmm, I can see all information without moving my head drastically.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Looks great!

I'm glad it doesn't look as worn-out as in the 16 or even 14. Keep it up.

Me too! I loved it. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

The shark doesn't just get a new textures and 3D model of cockpit, but unlike A-10C the shark gets missing features implemented, totally new cockpit functions, new flight model (that comes to all helicopters IIRC) and likely new other features. And then the BS3 upgrade license gives you more modern shark.... Or more capable to say, as BS2 is about KA-50 #25 from 2001 when it went to Second Chechens war, and after that trials, it has received two serial production upgrades, where latest is a full glass cockpit, unlike our "Steam gauges and CRT television".

New helo flight model?? Could you provide a source, please?

And what do you mean with glass cockpit!? BS3 is supposed to have new cockpit and textures (= free update to BS2) plus a few new weapon options (Igla, iirc) and implementation of some missing stuff (minor functions, afaik). How do you now bring up a glass cockpit?

Can you explain in greater detail or post a screenshot, all looks good here.

The illumination of indicators, and all console panels are much darker - even when all the way maxed out. I use VR, don't know about what it looks like on a flat screen. But don't get me wrong - it looks so much better all around that this isn't really a big deal (for me personally) - although I feel the range of illumination should (and probably could be) increased from off to max.

I know there is a difference in the old and new one as far as the night lighting, but I will have to ask if this is by design, I think it looks much better, but the old one is brighter.

I agree that it looks much better now, compared to what it did before. Haven't flown it at night yet, and could imagine that the lighting when turned to maximum on the rotary knobs, won't be so overpowering and require the minimum setting to achieve a good balance. The flood lights are also much dimmer, but again - they were actually to bright before (with a quick toggle of of the emergency flood light switch).

Always folks on one side or the other. Again, I think the parameters of minimum to maximum illumination via the rotary knobs (right rear console) could and probably should be adjusted.

Thanks again for the hard work ED! Now looking forward to that incoming suite upgrade with the JHMCS and other goodies (sniper pod maybe?) :book:

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

What does "retail version" mean in this context? You make it sound like there is a "A-10C V2.0" coming ...

There will be, and includes goodies like the sniper pod and the JHMCS. I personally hope it isn't full price, for those who already purchased the A10C - but more of an "add on" price.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I'm in if it gets APKWS!

New cockpit looks great. No more fish bowl POV is very nice.

+1 :thumbup:

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

This is for everyone that wants a new cockpit look. Cockpits look new for about a month. That’s it. My jet arrived from the LM factory two weeks ago and it’s all ready getting weathered. New doesn’t last long, especially the leg wells. Just saying for everyone’s info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The A-10s HUD only appeared in full view before because the pilot was sitting way forward. If it has been moved back now (haven't tried it yet) it's perfectly normal that it doesn't fit in the entire view. I think the compromise of having the view moved forward was a good one on the limited thing that is a flat 2d screen (a lot of DCS planes do this actually, the downside is that for me at least, the cockpit frame is usually more dificult to deal with when chasing a target) . If you tried VR with the old cockpit and sat in the proper position you'd see that using the HUD (with both eyes) was not a problem at all, and you can move your head much more intuitively than even track IR to see all that you need.

This will probably be tweaked some, but moving your default view point to where it feels good for you is probably something I would have recomended on the old pit anyway.

Can someone link me to the announcement where it was said we are getting a suite upgrade with JHMCS and the Sniper pod?

There is no such announcement.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Actually, Nine Line said it on Reddit. At least that’s according to a screen grab posted to our Discord.

*sigh* I wish they would stick to their official forum with such things. I may stand corrected. :)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

That doesn't mention JHMCS, Sniper and other avionics, though. So I am still not convinced about that bit.

True, but I don’t know what else besides at least some kind of a bump in suite would warrant additional pay to play.

They’ve already done a ton of work to “upgrade” the basic pit structure and artwork (for free) and really, any weathering can be tackled by those in the community who posses the talent to do so, so at the end of the day, I think the only thing they really could charge for are enhanced capabilities.

When you consider the gee whiz avionics being created for the Hornet and Viper, I think it’s just a logical conclusion.

Just my $0.02...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com