MW50 overheating

IronJockel

• ED Team
When switching on MW50 water temps raise up quickly up to 130 and the engine dies after about 2 - 3 minutes. Will provide track later on.

What speed?

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

So this is odd to me.

When trying to reproduce in the qickstart free-flight mission over Normandy I found no problems.

But when doing the quickstart dogfight over Normandy my engine overheats even without MW50 in a very short period of time, as you can see in the track. So I think there is something wrong in this mission file and not the module itself.

I tested this in the current open beta version 2.5.5.41256.

overheat.trk

• ED Team
Yes. Look at the track. Engine starts overheating almost instantly.

But strangely only in this quickstart mission.

Gesendet von meinem ANE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

And what about cowling flaps position visually?

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Your track shows that your "Kühlerklappen" get a closing command after approx.15 seconds. After that the temps rise and kill the engine.

Check your key- and axis-binding while you are in that mission.

Fox

Edited by iFoxRomeo
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Your track shows that your "Kühlerklappen" get a closing command after approx.15 seconds. After that the temps rise and kill the engine.

Check your key- and axis-binding while you are in that mission.

Fox

Considering that I don't have them assigned I have no clue why this happens, nor why only in that mission. :huh:

Will give it a try tomorrow Jockel, have not experience any kind of Engine sizure since a8 release...but was also barely flying 190...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Tried now few Times, never had any kind of Engine Failure Normandy Instant Dogfight Mission...

Cooling Flaps did also do there Job in Auto Position...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27