[REPORTED] channel islands bad coast line

twistking

it's probably still WIP, but i thought it would be better to report it:

coastline on some channel island looks bad:

1. beach shows weird shadows probably from bad topology

2. fields and trees on coastal parts that are way to steep for cultural landscape. should probably be rocky slopes or cliffs.

Channel Islands Topology

A follow up from https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258351 but that thread is closed now.

I'm not sure what is possible with the topology mesh or DCS's terrain engine. These might be due to resolution issues with the available topology.

Jersey seems to be the one suffering from the weird texture issues mentioned in the linked post

Additionally:

Sark (at 4:19 in the linked video in the first post) is pretty much a consistent height including the area to the South (called Little Sark). The island essentially has cliffs all around the coast.

000373_d6e923d8.jpg

Herm and Jethou (at 4:54) look pretty funky, they are not flat apart from the Northern most part of Herm.

EKyE4iVWoAMLWFX.jpg

Guernsey (from 5:10) looks pretty good within the limitations of the resolution terrain mesh. Broadly beaches, cliffs and built up areas are in the right places.

Alderney (9:00) again looks a bit weird with it's sandy beaches all around, in reality the West and most of the South Coast are cliffs.

ITWKZ2ION5DTJKB275MJC6HCXA.jpg

alderney_flying_in.jpg

As mentioned in a wish in another post simple airfields in Guernsey and Jersey would also be appreciated. There are wartime photos of Bf.109, 190s, Do.17, Ju.88 operating from the islands.

Sorry for the pedantry but I've lived in the Channel Islands all my life! Sark, Herm and Alderney are all tiny islands and probably not even noticeable to most players but if improvements could be made it would be appreciated. :thumbup: