RSBN Approach indicators

LCYCowboy

I select the correct channel for Krymsk, but regardless of which runway I approach, the yellow LOC needle always deflects the wrong way (it says I am to the left of centre line when I am to the right) and the yellow flight director bars just stay centred.

I have not flown the Mig for a while, but when I remember (a few years ago when I flew it intensively) you used to be able to fly IFR approaches down to the ground using the Flight Directors in approach mode.

Ok, I found the command mode (not Auto mode as I remembered incorrectly).

I now have a wildly flickering horizontal needle whilst on the LOC (although the LOC indicator at the top is still reversed)

It used to work really well (but this was years ago). I just need to train my mind to reverse all the years of flying and pretend I am on an old fashioned Back Course).

Apparently localizer needle is inverted (again lol). I informed Rudel yesterday about that.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite easy to see front/back. End with the circle on it is the reverse course.

The flight director indicator's on the ASI are unusable. If you use the HSI PRMG indicator's things go much better for you.

Barometer pressure is whacked. There is no way to properly set it when contacting the ATC.

Performance of RSBN penetration mode and PRMG's is inconsistent, depending on the airfield.

I don't like paying for bugs that don't get fixed.

Not many people spend as much time as I do practicing PRMG. This latest update made it worse than before. Practically unflyable as the glideslope just plunges too much. SDU is not fixed that I could see, either.

Don't mean to complain but that is what I am seeing.

Can you elaborate ? Or perhaps update a bug report: https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.io/view.php?id=930 I can that way bring it to Dolphins attention in a quicker manner.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Just fly them... you'll see. Positions are all off, angles are a bit off. Very steep glideslopes at some field's.

I actually have them all (except the the Lochini field's) working correctly by tweaking number's. I won't post it publicly, but I can now do no-peak PRMG approaches to a decision height of 100m (even less) without problem's. You wont like the math number's but I repeat I can now use them properly and that is good enough for me.

RSBN glidepath mode to 1500-2000m, PRMG mode at <25 km. You must be in the proper area for PRMG to work (not a bug).

Please note: this is all I do in DCS. Former pilot (PPL) and I know how to land.

Ok, I will forward this Smil.

• 2 weeks later...