Custom laser code

Barthek

Hello Deka Ironwork Simulations,

first of all - you did a great job with the release of JF-17. It is a great bird to fly. My question is: is there a way to change the default 1688 laser code of the GBU-12 bombs (in a config file, perhaps?), so that I can start in air and immediately use a different laser? I already know how to do it on the ground, but what if I start in air?

Thanks for any tips,

Barthek

ahhh, not.

at this moment, if start from air, cannot preset the laser code

do you know which module can do it?

The Hornet module by ED has it.

This is where this whole trend started from. I am pretty certain that function is complete fictional.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Yeah, you can't actually change bomb codes for the GBU series in flight. They are set by "screwdriver" on the ground. What is easier to change is the PRF of the actual laser to what the bomb setting is. I.e. you tell the JTAC what to lase for.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I am fairly certain that you can also change the bomb laser code for the A-10C through the DSMS page as well. Back when I was learning it, I used to do it quite a bit.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Thank you for your replies. However, I think I was not understood correctly. I don't want to change the laser code of the bomb while being in air. I want to start my flight in air already having a different laser code (1588 as an example) set for my bombs. F-16 has this feature which allows you to change the bomb laser code in the mission editor. Hence, while starting a quick mission in air, I can use a different code to drop GBU-12s (not 1688 as it is now). In one of my missions, I basically want to skip the part where I have to ask the ground crew to change the bombs' laser code. I want it to be already changed to a certain value.

Barthek

I dont think it's possible TBH.

But if it's YOUR mission - why not just change to code of the lasing unit?

It doesn't do what you are looking for - but it solves the problem, right?

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

It is a multiplayer mission. There two hostile JTACs operating in the area - one lasing with 1688 (BLUE side), the second lasing with 1588 (RED side). The planes spawn in air: F-16 and other planes on BLUE side, and JF-17 on the RED side. This is the reason I am looking for the way to set the laser code of the GBU-12 to 1588 (in a config file, or via mission editor).