Operation Black Spire - Nevada PvE Playground

OK, grabbed it and made the mods for our group. This is the only error I see in the server log for loading the misasion, safe to ignore?

2020-02-25 20:50:51.566 ERROR FLIGHT: Unknown runway side 12L of beacon I-HWG at airdrome NorthLasVegasAirport

2020-02-25 20:50:52.033 WARNING LOG: 1 duplicate message(s) skipped.

It's not a script error so ... who knows? It might have something to do with the airbase ID mess-up that is going on. Very hard to tell at this stage.

v107 is up.

Changelog v107

- AWACS, Texaco, Shell and drones are no longer immortal (still invisible to enemy)

- Script additions for AWACS, Texaco and Shell to respawn if they crash into the ground (respawn after 10 seconds).

• 2 weeks later...

v108 is up

Changelog v108

- Nellis Hawk system relocated closer to Nellis AFB

- AAA guns added to Nellis AFB

- Rapier site added to Creech AFB

- AAA guns added to Creech AFB

- Script adjustments

Note: Failing any major catastrophic issues, this is likely to be the last release of this mission.

Hi Surrexen,

first off : thank you very much for this, I've had a lot of fun playing thoses missions. (my wife is desperate for it ....)

Sorry if this has been answered before but normally this mission is persistence ? (It's working well with the others campaign you made)

But right now, it's not working : no files are saved in DCS Folder like the others campaign.

Need a fix ?

Thank you again !

HiCKS,

maybe i can help.

ensure that the MissionScript.lua file has the two lines commented out per the instructions (the two -- in front of each line). i inadvertently lost some persistant saves because of a very minor update that put this file back to stock and I forgot about checking it after the update.

also ensure DCS can write to the DCS folder you are running from (release or open beta, depending upon which you are running). if you are not running as an administrator group member this can be an issue.

Hi Surrexen,

first off : thank you very much for this, I've had a lot of fun playing thoses missions. (my wife is desperate for it ....)

Sorry if this has been answered before but normally this mission is persistence ? (It's working well with the others campaign you made)

But right now, it's not working : no files are saved in DCS Folder like the others campaign.

Need a fix ?

Thank you again !

Works on my end. Fire up the mission and give it a few minutes to attempt to write out the files etc, and then close the mission and check the log file to see what it is complaining about. It'll be permissions or something. Also don't forget to de-sanitize MissionScripting.lua post update.

Meanwhile, I am putting together an updated Moose file now that the AirbaseID thing is fixed. Will have to be tested before I send it out though.

Absolutely fantastic mission. One question on performance. Every 30 seconds I am getting a pretty bad stutter that I don't see in other missions. Any idea where this is coming from?

I9-9900KS OC 5.2, Asus Maximus XI Hero, MSI RTX 4090 , EVGA 1200W P2 power supply, 2TB M.2 SSD, 64GB ram@3200mhz, Corsair H115i Pro AIO, Samsung Odyssey+, Reverb G2, Quest 3(new)

Absolutely fantastic mission. One question on performance. Every 30 seconds I am getting a pretty bad stutter that I don't see in other missions. Any idea where this is coming from?

No idea, I don't get that happening and my machine is old as the hills. Are you using VR?

Yep, using VR, stable version. Seems to be exactly 30 seconds apart. Other then that, butter smooth. No big deal. I'm already used to it.

Again, wonderful mission. Thank you very much for your hard work.

I9-9900KS OC 5.2, Asus Maximus XI Hero, MSI RTX 4090 , EVGA 1200W P2 power supply, 2TB M.2 SSD, 64GB ram@3200mhz, Corsair H115i Pro AIO, Samsung Odyssey+, Reverb G2, Quest 3(new)

Yep, using VR, stable version. Seems to be exactly 30 seconds apart. Other then that, butter smooth. No big deal. I'm already used to it.

Again, wonderful mission. Thank you very much for your hard work.

The fact you said it is every 30 seconds consistently makes me think it's being caused by either the air dispatcher code, or possibly the scheduled function that checks the status of the mission target. I suppose any momentary pause would be far more noticeable in VR.

Sometimes I get a momentary pause when plane groups spawn but not all the time and certainly not consistently every 30 seconds.

Sorry, I was busy with my children...work at home not so easy ;)

HiCKS,

maybe your server log can show a clue?

Server log ? What file are you thinking about ?

Works on my end. Fire up the mission and give it a few minutes to attempt to write out the files etc, and then close the mission and check the log file to see what it is complaining about. It'll be permissions or something. Also don't forget to de-sanitize MissionScripting.lua post update.

Meanwhile, I am putting together an updated Moose file now that the AirbaseID thing is fixed. Will have to be tested before I send it out though.

After ED update and your new version : all is going as expected. So no more problem : it's working !

Thanks for your time :)

v110 is up

Changelog v110

- A new mechanic to avoid planes spawning on peoples heads in the operational area has been added. If a player aircraft is within 40nm of an airfield, that airfields CAP flight will spawn elsewhere until the area around that airfield is clear of player aircraft. In this mission, this mechanic has only been added to 'multiplayer mode' where the planes are starting in the air (this is due to a lack of airfields further North of the operational area). Since ground starts at Lincoln are 50/50 anyway, nobody will probably care about this.

- The planes will spawn above Mina instead of Tonopah Test Range, or above a dead FARP object Called "Current Ranch" that is sort of North of Rachel instead of Pahute Mesa or Lincoln County.

Feedback on the new mechanic would be appreciated as testing time has been limited to say the least.

Enjoy!

HiCKS,

If you ever need to look in it, the log file is in the saved games -> dcs (or dcs open beta) -> logs folder. The dcs.log is the latest.

Thank you hlfritz : i didn't notice that it was in Saved Games - very useful ;)

Next time, it will be my first reflex, check this file.

Less stupid than yesterday I am :)

Hi Surrexen

Quick question. I want to kinda make your wonderful mission more 'cold war' for my own personal use flying older aircraft. Is there a way for me to do this without breaking the mission? My first thought is just to change all the 'modern' aircraft to 'cold war' ones as I was thinking actually deleting the modern aircraft from the red fighters on the map might break something.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Surrexen

Quick question. I want to kinda make your wonderful mission more 'cold war' for my own personal use flying older aircraft. Is there a way for me to do this without breaking the mission? My first thought is just to change all the 'modern' aircraft to 'cold war' ones as I was thinking actually deleting the modern aircraft from the red fighters on the map might break something.

Thanks!

You could change all the planes to cold war, but removing any of the red templates will require changes to the scripts.