Ent button on UFC

Dannyvandelft

• 3 months later...

Got the same problem in Training AGM 65, changing slew from "5" to "2". Tells me to press number "2" on UFC scratchpad, but button "2" doesn't respond! So annoying. And I see by your date that no one has replied to you regarding this error. I would've thought that the devs may have seen it and stepped in to help. I've looked everywhere for the solution but with no luck. Hope it gets sorted soon. Good luck and Stay safe Dannyvandelft

This is one of my most often happening "gotchas".

Usually when a button on the UFC or CDU is not working it's either because

1. I didn't finish initializing the IFFCC and didn't go through the menu on the hud (i.e. didn't switch the IFFCC switch to its upmost position) or...
  2. I clicked some of the buttons in error and generated a "CICU INPUT ERR" which prevents you from inputting anything until you clear it (press CLR on UFC or CDU).

there, hope this helps.

Specifically in the tutorials, it sometimes helps to press a button for up to a whole second until DCS registers the button press. In some cases, tapping the button might show the proper response in the pit, but the tutorial somehow doesn't "see" that the button was properly pressed.

Regarding a dev response, this is a forum for users, not a technical support forum. It's certainly possible that devs or community managers might respond, but the idea is that we help each other. ;)

• 4 months later...

Training tends to be a bit "sticky" in my experience. Sometimes have to wait for the instructor to catch up, as it were. Sometimes even pressing "return" on the MFD and doing the required action again. It's a bit frustrating but not insurmountable. My biggest problem on the A10c in the Caucasus is completing the Air to Air training. It just hangs half way through and won't budge no matter what I do, so that I can fire 'Winders but the gun is still a mystery!