SU-33 Air refueling in open beta

branac

Hi,

Is Su-33 air refueling broken after this newest open beta update on Dec 20th 2019 or am I doing something wrong?

The moment I make contact with the fueling boom (or how do you call that long hose hanging behind the tanker) and get the message that the fuel is flowing, the tanker decreases it's speed by 4km/h, just enough to break the contact. Then it increases the speed back to the original settings, but every time i am close to get hooked up, it decreases it again ... it goes like that back and forth ... it's like the tanker is trying to get rid of me or something ...

I am using Autothrottle to match the speed with the tanker but the tanker is constantly changing it's speed.

Thank you for the advice,

Ben

Are you in SP or MP? Tbh I haven't experienced that kind of behaviour yet. But that was with the Cat and the F-18. Will try with the Su-33 later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Hey Kappi,

It was SP, and I later tried to do the same in the DCS stable build, same behavior.

Never saw this before in any of the videos on YouTube ... not sure now is there something wrong with my settings or something ...

• 6 months later...

Yup doing this for me too 588 588 588 i close up 584 584 584 i drop back 588 588 588 - im pretty bad as it is but the onetime you want to get it in it pulls away. i have the yoyo yips as it is, so im not getting any.

This looks like an old thread ah well i need toilet gotta go

:huh:

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• 2 months later...

Don't use autothrottle. Get used to jockeying the controls. I consider myself to be pretty good at AAR and I'm constantly making micro-adjustments on stick and throttle as I maintain the refueling position. Don't fixate on your speed. Just fly form with the tanker. Honestly, one of the better ways to train is to turn off the HUD so you just have visual cues to work off of.

• 1 month later...

DCS - Free GAZPROM glitch Howto

IL-78M AAR

Syria

SU-33s

Player and Wingman both SU-33s

Wingman refuels on left wing

Player on the right wing

If player starts refueling and disconnects refueling continues. Also stays topped off.

If 2nd wingman refuels on the right he usually crashes into the tanker and both die.

I was able to reproduce this 4 times so far