[CORRECT AS IS] HARM flight profile incorrect

Ironwulf

Hi

I noticed the HARM now pops up (again) when fired TOO. This would appear to be incorrect - although the previous profile was also somewhat wrong too in that it would basically dive before levelling out on the target. IT should fly basically straight out and then on a convex curve towards the target.

Here's an article on it from a reputable source - its about half way down, just search for 'TOO'

Note in particular it says its a direct attack mode, so the missile should once the first stage has fired, tip downwards and attempt to directly fly at the source, and this is shown in the diagram in the article.

https://www.ausairpower.net/API-AGM-88-HARM.html

PS: TAS (search for "TAS" towards the end of the article) would be great - please implement :)

Do you need a track for this? it seems pretty obvious and repeatable...

I'm seeing the change in flight profile as well. It is definitely different from recent updates. I've included a track from the default AGM-88 mission in the Caucasus where you can see the missile begin to track straight, then loft and pitch down to the target.

Can the devs please acknowledge this change and confirm it is now the correct flight profile.

Thanks in advance.

AGM-88 Lofting.trk

Hi,

Can someone please help me to identify what information I’ve failed to provide in the post. I don’t seem to be getting any acknowledgement from either NineLine or BIGNEWY, that they are willing to reconsider the initial “correct as is” statement.

Any assistance to point me in the right direction is appreciated.

• ED Team

Hi

We have some changes coming for Pre briefed mode which will include loft, however currently the team are happy with the HARM in DCS.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't doubt many are happy with a HARM that goes further - especially compared to the previous iteration of TOO mode.

I just don't think it is realistic. What is the point of the F-16 HTS (or its F/A-18 equivalent in TAS), if HARM can work out distance to target by itself?