ADF

RePhil

May or may not be a bug but, I am going thru the UN missions and the ADF is weak or not avl even at 2000 feet and only 25 KN from the base should they be that week

:dunno:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• ED Team

you have to be pretty precise with the dial, make sure you are getting the Morse code.

Terrain masking can be a factor also.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ya I use a vocie attack profile to tune and it will say weak, good or no signal so will tried to tune in manualy with same results but good map skill (not that I have them) work as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

• 1 month later...

The ADF on some missions is indeed broken. Tried flying to and landing next to outer and inner markers on Senaki in multiplayer and whilst I got full signal and morse the ADF needle did not work.

On some occations I couldn't even get the morse and the full signal was very intermittent.I tested flying the beacons through editor and it works perfectly but on some older missions the ADF is broken.

Not really sure if this is a Huey bug or a bug in the map/beacon itself though.

The ADF on some missions is indeed broken. Tried flying to and landing next to outer and inner markers on Senaki in multiplayer and whilst I got full signal and morse the ADF needle did not work.

On some occations I couldn't even get the morse and the full signal was very intermittent.I tested flying the beacons through editor and it works perfectly but on some older missions the ADF is broken.

Not really sure if this is a Huey bug or a bug in the map/beacon itself though.

This is apparently somehow dependant of weather. If weather is set to dynamic not all beacons work whilst static weather has no issues. Tracks are attached. In dynamic weather the Senaki inner beacon doesn't give any bearings yet the beacon NNW of Senaki works fine. In static both beacons work as they should.

Dynamic weather.trk

static weather.trk

• ED Team
This is apparently somehow dependant of weather. If weather is set to dynamic not all beacons work whilst static weather has no issues. Tracks are attached. In dynamic weather the Senaki inner beacon doesn't give any bearings yet the beacon NNW of Senaki works fine. In static both beacons work as they should.

[ATTACH]226656[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]226657[/ATTACH]

I have reported this to the team for checking. thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This is apparently somehow dependant of weather. If weather is set to dynamic not all beacons work whilst static weather has no issues.

... dynamic weather the Senaki inner beacon doesn't give any bearings yet the beacon NNW of Senaki works fine.

In the dynamic mission there is a ground wind of 5 m/s to 180°T.

Because of this Senaki ATC are using RWY 27 and the inner and outer markers for RWY 09 are turned OFF, this is normal behaviour in DCS.

The Gali NDB on 525 kHz (NNW of Senaki) is a Navigation/Enroute NDB, not associated with a runway, so always transmits regardless of wind direction.

In static both beacons work as they should.

In the static mission, there is zero wind.

As there is zero wind, Senaki ATC are using default runway RWY 09 and the inner and outer markers for RWY 09 are turned ON, this is normal behaviour in DCS.

The Gali NDB transmits as normal for general radio navigation.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

In the dynamic mission there is a ground wind of 5 m/s to 180°T.

Because of this Senaki ATC are using RWY 27 and the inner and outer markers for RWY 09 are turned OFF, this is normal behaviour in DCS.

The Gali NDB on 525 kHz (NNW of Senaki) is a Navigation/Enroute NDB, not associated with a runway, so always transmits regardless of wind direction.

In the static mission, there is zero wind.

As there is zero wind, Senaki ATC are using default runway RWY 09 and the inner and outer markers for RWY 09 are turned ON, this is normal behaviour in DCS.

The Gali NDB transmits as normal for general radio navigation.

While what you said is absolutely true regarding the active runway the claim still stands and even with 09 being the active runway the ADF, or rather the beacons are not working as they should be. I made a quick track of it.

dynamic09.trk

While what you said is absolutely true regarding the active runway the claim still stands and even with 09 being the active runway the ADF, or rather the beacons are not working as they should be. I made a quick track of it.

It's an old bug introduced with the new 2.5.x Caucasus map and affects most airbases.

The inner markers, outer markers, ILS and PRMG get out of step with ATC's active runway in the 2.5.x Caucasus map for moderate headwinds (1-6 kts).

Your track is an edge case and the 1 m/s to 60°T TAILWIND causes the 2.5.x ATC logic to turn OFF the landing aids (Inner/Outer Markers and ILS) for runway 09 even though it's still active. A higher tailwind will cause ATC to switch to RWY 27.

They will also turn off for a 2 m/s (4 knot) headwind on RWY 09, which makes even less sense.

The only reliable wind conditions the Markers and ILS will work in is 0 wind or +7 knot headwinds, which is why dynamic weather is problematic, as it can give rise moderate headwinds that cause the "game logic" to turn OFF the landing aids for the active runway.

The bug has been reported several times and for multiple modules.

• L-39 ..... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3405547#post3405547

• A-10C .. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4179718

• AV-8B .. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3476906#post3476906

• Mi-8 .... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3993877

• etc. ...

I have reported this to the team for checking.

Note: Mini's dynamic09.trk is a good track of the issue. Just note that moderate (1-6 knot) headwinds also cause the same problem.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

I have spoken to the team, yes it is due to the wind, which will turn some beacons off depending on the wind direction.

This is not going to change at the moment.