Dcs has become unplayable in vr

Xthedarkknight99x

Starting a couple of days ago I began to have way worse ghosting than I noticed before. And as I posted on another post this begun giving me motion sickness.

I noticed it a bit in the f16 first but when I reverted back to flying the f14 I noticed it was present there.

I had this issue before but it seem to be tolerable and nothing anyone seem to suggest or report seem to help my situation.

So here is where I stand at present.

horrific ghosting occurs the moment I load the sim. If I press cntrl 1 to turn off asw.. It just makes it worse. if I press cntrl 2 it seems to have no effect that I can tell. Pressing cntrl 3 nets some results for a bit. The ghosting is minimized and I can look around without getting sick.

Here is were it gets worse for me. After a few minutes of flight The ghosting will appear on the tree's. It almost looks like a slide show or like the trees are being dragged and popping for into the next location. And this is what makes flying hard.

Trying to fly a low levels with this apparent jutter or ghosting whatever you wanna call it makes me sick to my stomach.

Now on to the things that I've tried to do to fix it.

original set pixel density to 1.0 and lower. selected the low option for dcs settings and I still get the ghosting/jutter

I've tried new drivers and old drivers.

Tried removing all monitoring programs such as msi afterburner or hwinfo.

I've added and removed overclocks from both the gpu and cpu .

I've used Process lasso of and on.

I've checked my temps all which are within range of normal.

I've tried every port on my motherboard including buying a inatek usb card.

I've done a repair/reinstall of dcs and the Oculus software.

I've checked ram for performance differences

Removed my multi monitor setup.

Turned on xmp profiles and turned it off.

And last ditch as of writing this I have reinstalled windows version 1909

The hardware that I am working with is as follows.

i7 8700k 4.6ghz 32 gigs of 3200 ram 500 Samsung evo ssdsx2 4tb hdd Msi gaming x trio 2080ti.

Most of this parts are a year old or less. They also run fine when not using Vr.

I'm pretty much at a loss for words and pretty bummed that I can't fly. I hope that someone might find some words of wisdom because I am running out of ideas.

Helppppppp

I hear you bro. I have the same issue with ghosting. My rig is not as poweful as yours but until a few updates (windows, oculus, steam, DCS, NVIDIA) Things have gone sour and my experience is diminishing to the point where I fly like a blind and deaf bat.

Difficult with all these constant updates to find out what the problem is. But why the HECK does a working system need constant updates where apparently one big is fixed just to re-release some old bugs. Job creation for programmers or most likely things are just getting too complex for even the brightest minds to cope with???

Any serious advice on how to fix the ghosting issue is highly appreciated.

Sendt fra min SM-G975F med Tapatalk

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

Not having any performance changes with the Reverb. I guess you are using an Oculus?

Could be an Oculus update. These devices are updating all the time be it WMR, SteamVR, Pimax PiTool, Oculus, graphics drivers etc. It is still relatively immature hardware and software.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Ok I know you have tried a repair/reinstall of Oculus, but if you have not how about giving the below a try to insure everything Oculus is totally cleaned out first.

Please note by doing this you will lose any saved game progress in Oculus you have may have.

Disconnect your computer from the internet.

Back up any Oculus content if you want to.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.

Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.

Delete all Oculus folders from here:

C:\Program Files

Remove any Oculus folders from here:

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow

C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming

Reboot your computer into normal mode.

Reconnect the computer to the internet.

Reinstall Oculus Home with a new installer.

A note on a new install of Oculus Home. Oculus updated the Public Test Channel with a new version 12 to address some performance issues with the release version 12.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/719744/#Comment_719744

After installing Home as per above, go ahead and enable the PTC tab and let it install this latest PTC version 12.

Likewise while you are at it, why not go ahead ( if you have not already) and do a complete driver sweep with DDU in safe mode, and install latest Nvidia drivers. I suggest only installing the items you need, not GeForce Experience.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There are some performance issues at the moment in connection with a new oculus update, a lot of Rift-users (mostly CV1 it seems) encounter fps-drops in various games at the moment.

I am one of those (CV1) but strangely the only game I have massive issues since last updating Oculus is Asgards Wrath, everything else runs fine, including DCS World. Just tested a bit, no stutters or ghosting in F14, F16 and F18 in Caucasus or Nevada maps. I did have some performance troubles lately in the F16, everytime when dogfighting with a few bandits, but I´m pretty sure this is due to some EA-related issues.

Did you try different maps or planes, is the stutter on every map and in every plane? Because earlier this year I had annoying stutters for a long time only in the Mig21, couldn´t fly it for quite a while and then suddenly some open beta-update fixed it.

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

edit:

What I DID notice since yesterday or so is those short stutters every 5 or 10 minutes during flight I´m quite used to, when parts of the map or other aircraft details is loading (I assume it´s something like that), seemed to have expanded a bit, sometimes I have freezes for 1-2 seconds with that annoying oculus-hourglass showing up, but luckily this seems to occur only in the first few minutes of a mission. I had some rare occasions where the game crashed in those moments, but had it not happen for quite a while now.

btw I´m playing the open beta

I7 8700K 3.7 GHz 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 3080 Rift S

Mine was awful last night. Updated nvidia drivers and probably as good, or better than its ever been today, because of the new update, and no prop artifacts with motion smoothing.

Still I'll give it a try later again to be sure!

Normandy in VR as well! Wow! Fantastic!

I'm on the vive though so this may just do nothing but serve to annoy you!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I've read that a recent Oculus update is the cause - I think it may have occurred in approximately the last week. Apparently the only fix is to use an older version of the Oculus suite of drivers and software, but it a pain to do this. I believe a patch is in the works as many people are reporting the exact same issue, but given the fact it's Xmas in a couple of days, I wouldn't expect this to arrive for at least a week. Good luck!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

What you mean with ghosting? Can you get a screenshot or video about it?

With CV1 I had a serious double frame drawing when I turned and moved head, not not when had was stationary and entering else moved.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• ED Team

Hi

I'm using the VIVE Cosmos and getting a steady 45fps.

Steam VR I use 100% and in DCS 1.0

I will attach screenshots of my settings and my system spec is below in my signature.

you do have to tweak to find the right balance for your own preference, for example I do not use shadows in VR.

I force IPD in dcs to 40 which changes the world scale for my own preference.

Hope it helps

Screen_191222_160828.thumb.jpg.23d7d1ee2ce5bb066af28a91ff7ca96c.jpg

Screen_191222_160811.thumb.jpg.8439b75c6636617b81597e1193a1b439.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My performance seems to have improved with the latest patch, and as these forums have not been inundated with complaints, it would suggest that the issue is with the OP's system.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

You would think the issue is with my system.. but I have tried everything as I listed in the original post.

Even to the effect that I dont experience the ghosting with beat saber. Yeah I realize that beat saber and dcs are two different things however a broken system should be broken throughout all the systems usage.

This isnt a fluke. its a repeatable occurrence. I'm super glad that others are not having the issue but I certainly am.

To add more trouble shooting information for those who want to help.

I just flew around in the f14 for roughly 5 or 10 minutes. This is a stand alone mission with some reds and some blue and I start in the air.

I start of by heading to ground level so that I can make passes over the trees. No ghosting to be seen. I continue to fly and it all look ok. Dcs stutters for a moment and all seems well..

Then the perma stutter/ghosting kicks in. Now everything I fly over makes me sick.

Dcssettings.thumb.png.07b6e5519b7b6c1de6b5440db3a19440.png

dcssettings2.thumb.png.9eb761d746013b99902264655339ebc8.png

With the settings bignewy posted I still to get the ghosting distorted blurred vision effect but its far more reduced. I Found myself turning everything down I think the major effects where the amount of trees and preload radius.

Will do more testing but it seems like its a lot worse in the f14 than it is in the f16.

My performance is getting worse at well and i'm using a reverb. I cant maintain 45FPS. It happened over the last update. Before it was fine for me.

It is a bit frustrating that vr performance is getting worse.

My gpu & cpu are at 50% usage. Funny, isnt it?

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

I'm getting the exact same thing. I upgraded to a 2080ti and I jumped on DCS VR first time in a while and I'm getting 30-40% load on quite a beefy rig too, i7 8700k @ 4.5ghz, 64gb ram. My fps is in the low teens to high teens on some servers and sometimes 20-25 fps. Before around the summer I had a 1080ti and I had better frames. So not too sure what the issue is.

Nothing has Changed here for me with the last update and the Reverb. The performance is still the same,perhaps a bit better than before.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

My situation has improved by raising the trees and preload. I still get the ghosting but I just force asw on at the start of the flight. Seems to help.

I have 2 500gig ssd's and I had installed dcs on both to determine if either of the drives needed to be replaced. During this event I also tried clearing the meta shaders and fxo.. So for me it didnt help unfortunately.

Once I tried everything else.. the format was the last try.

I'm glad this threat is helping those who need help.

Yes ASW or Motionreprojection is a Must have for DCS in VR to get it run properly and without Ghosting and Stuttering.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

My situation has improved by raising the trees and preload. I still get the ghosting but I just force asw on at the start of the flight. Seems to help.

I have 2 500gig ssd's and I had installed dcs on both to determine if either of the drives needed to be replaced. During this event I also tried clearing the meta shaders and fxo.. So for me it didnt help unfortunately.

Once I tried everything else.. the format was the last try.

I'm glad this threat is helping those who need help.

From your descriptions it’s sounds like an issue with ASW of some sort. When I used my CV1 there were a couple times that it made me sick. In one case it was because I wasn’t wearing the headset right (not low enough) and the other time was a mismatch in drivers after an Oculus update. Turns out I needed the latest Nvidia driver as well. I know you’ve tried these suggestions however I didn’t see which specific Oculus your using or if you’re using Oculus Tray Tool. If you’re not using it you should give it a try. While it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, myself and two other buddies would create a profile for DCS, set ASW forced to 45 FPS, set super sampling to 1.6 and turn Pixel Density to .5. Yes, .5 lol. It ran smooth as silk and looked great. Basically anything over 1.8 PD has diminishing returns. We were using the CV1 at the time.

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.