I never get double circle que to for JDAM release.

DmitriKozlowsky

I never get double circle que to for JDAM release. No matter how I designate the target in TPOD, I never release que. All I get is single circle with NO beneath it. Altitude does not appear to matter, 5X, 10K, 15K.

J38 weapon is selected and set to IN with AUTO release.

Designate target in TPOD

Hold down Next Waypoint for one second.

I get a single circle with NO. It will display that regardless of distance or slant range to target.

Second confusing point is adding adding to Target List in CAS page.

Place Marker in F10, Name it TO1

Goto CAS page to the target list sub-page.

Hold down RS+RA+8. Nothing happens. Hold down for 1 second. Nothing happens.

If you're doing relative mode, I found a bug. Upon laser ranging your tpod target, then holding waypoint increment, the targeting info won't appear on ehsd. Simply hold then release wp increment again to leave the mode, then hold/release wp increment again to re-enter it. You should see the symbology and be good to go.

Yea, sorry. Something is short curcuiting here. A common problem in all DCS mods. Things do not work as described. Usually due to some step or detail left out. I am absolutely unable to enter target data from F10 map marker into CAS RCALL. Or interact with CAS page. Basically the only buttons that work are CAS from main menu then RCALL or CASS subpages. But all other interactivity and data entry is NoGO non-functional.

As to getting double circle and countdown. After designating the target in TOP, I can press WP for 1 second any number of times, and it will never give me envelope or release que. Only a single circle with NO for J38.

I have the latest beta as far as I know. DCS updated itself on Friday.

You don't mention that you lased the target. Did you laser range the target? The coordinates will not be accurate enough for release if you don't.

Also, you are skipping a step shown in cap's video. The first marker is ignored. Cap shows it as T01 that you can discard, but it doesn't even have to be labeled. For pre-planned to work, you must have one waypoint in the mission planner that exists, and at LEAST two mark points in the F10. The first one you place is always ignored, whether you label it or not. The next one should be labeled T01, then T02 and so on

I was playing around with JDAM's for the first time yesterday. I'd suggest trying one thing. If you are only using TOO, mark your target and then move off about 20nm and then setup for your attack run. I noticed that the outer circle disappears very quickly after passing it, although it could still be represented, or at least a good portion of it.

Some further tips and info.

- The digits next to the N are in the order of closest to furthest target, if there are more than 1 targets assigned.

- When outside the LAR the digits will be visibly smaller than the N.

- Once you enter the LAR of a target, the target digit of that in-range target will become as large as the N. It's easy to recognize IMO.

So if you are seeing N0 and the 0 is as large as the N then you are inside the LAR and the outer ring might simply note be displaying on purpose, because you are so far inside of it.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1