New keybindings for the Ka-50.

Crash *

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what cockpit device id the Ins Engines Start-Up Control Panel have and how do i find it?

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Scripts" in "clickabledata.lua" you find "device = devices.ENGINE_INTERFACE" and in "devices.lua" you find "devices["ENGINE_INTERFACE"]            = 4"

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Virpil's new Control Panel #3 should give some good ideas which keybindings to add 😉

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 11/30/2021 at 2:21 AM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Virpil's new Control Panel #3 should give some good ideas which keybindings to add 😉

Yep, thats why i searched for this thread 😄
And its a VERY nicely made product if i may add, im VERY pleased with it.

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

• 11 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 12:11 PM, Bourrinopathe said:

Yes please! We need more key bindings.

As mentioned above, many essential controls are just toggle switches: landing gear, master arm, laser standby/active, etc.

Additionally, brightness knobs axes could also be very useful (ABRIS, HUD, etc.).

Hope BS 3 will bring us seperate on an off commands for madter arm, gun rate, etc.

I can't map my Virpil Sharka Panel properly because DCS only gives us toggle commands for two way switches. 

I hope Black Shark 3 will give us all the missing and much needed switches and axis lever commands. 

I just received my Virpil Sharka Ka 50 panel and pretty much every switch plus the levers can't be mapped properly because of missing control command options.

At the moment we only have toggle ON/OFF commands available. What we need are seperate commands for ON and OFF. Sometimes three seperate options are needed like Fire mode LOW, MEDIUM and SHORT. The fuel cut off levers have no axis available, only a ON/OFF toggle. No matter how I map them, they are mostly not synced when we spawn into the cockpit. If it's a hot start and they are not synced, the Ka 50 shuts down. No chance of keeping the Shark running if it's the case. 

Pretty much all switches can't be synced at spawn eather because we have two and three way switches on our panels but only a single toggle command to map them. Completely randomized switch position between real panel and in game cockpit panel. 

Below is a list of the most important missing control commands. 

HMS ON

HMS OFF

TS

AUTO

LASER ON

LASER OFF

MAN

AUTO

SHORT

MEDIUM

LONG

API

HE

HIGH

LOW

MASTER ARM ON

MASTER ARM OFF

LEFT ENGINE

RIGHT ENGINE

START

CRANK

FUEL CUT OFF LEVER LEFT OPEN

FUEL CUT OFF LEVER LEFT CLOSED

FUEL CUT OFF LEVER RIGHT OPEN

FUEL CUT OFF LEVER RIGHT CLOSED

AXIS FOR FUEL CUT OFF LEVER LEFT

AXIS FOR FUEL CUT OFF LEVER RIGHT.

AXIS FOR GEAR LEVER

Also all the dials in the KA 50 controls only have go left and go right commands available. We need seperate commands for every step like NAV, FAIL, FIX, etc.

And for the PVI 800 EDIT, OPERATE, etc. 

I hope the Dev team is going to add all these options before BS 3 release. We already have those seperate control options in many other modules. Looking forward flying the new Shark. 

45leljdoj6z71.png

Edited by River
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, River said:

I hope Black Shark 3 will give us all the missing and much needed switches and axis lever commands. 

I just received my Virpil Sharka Ka 50 panel and pretty much every switch plus the levers can't be mapped properly because of missing control command options.

At the moment we only have toggle ON/OFF commands available. What we need are seperate commands for ON and OFF. Sometimes three seperate options are needed like Fire mode LOW, MEDIUM and SHORT. The fuel cut off levers have no axis available, only a ON/OFF toggle. No matter how I map them, they are mostly not synced when we spawn into the cockpit. If it's a hot start and they are not synced, the Ka 50 shuts down. No chance of keeping the Shark running if it's the case. 

Pretty much all switches can't be synced at spawn eather because we have two and three way switches on our panels but only a single toggle command to map them. Completely randomized switch position between real panel and in game cockpit panel. 

Below is a list of the most important missing control commands. 

HMS ON

HMS OFF

TS

AUTO

LASER ON

LASER OFF

MAN

AUTO

SHORT

MEDIUM

LONG

API

HE

HIGH

LOW

MASTER ARM ON

MASTER ARM OFF

LEFT ENGINE

RIGHT ENGINE

START

CRANK

FUEL CUT OFF LEVER LEFT OPEN

FUEL CUT OFF LEVER LEFT CLOSED

FUEL CUT OFF LEVER RIGHT OPEN

FUEL CUT OFF LEVER RIGHT CLOSED

AXIS FOR FUEL CUT OFF LEVER LEFT

AXIS FOR FUEL CUT OFF LEVER RIGHT.

AXIS FOR GEAR LEVER

Also all the dials in the KA 50 controls only have go left and go right commands available. We need seperate commands for every step like NAV, FAIL, FIX, etc.

And for the PVI 800 EDIT, OPERATE, etc. 

I hope the Dev team is going to add all these options before BS 3 release. We already have those seperate control options in many other modules. Looking forward flying the new Shark. 

45leljdoj6z71.png

copy this into your Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\joystick

default.lua

Next patch will overwrite this with the old one, you will still find it in the most recent backup folder within your DCS installation and copy it back into place.

Got this from somehwere in this forum but can't keep track where exactly...

• ED Team

Hi all, 

I have mentioned the bindings to the team and they do already have a report open for it internally. 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

46 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

I have mentioned the bindings to the team and they do already have a report open for it internally. 

thank you

Outstanding !!! 

1 hour ago, Rongor said:

copy this into your Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Input\ka-50\joystick

default.lua 160.54 kB · 0 downloads

Next patch will overwrite this with the old one, you will still find it in the most recent backup folder within your DCS installation and copy it back into place.

Got this from somehwere in this forum but can't keep track where exactly...

Thanks for the file but I'd rather not mess with the lua files. They should be in the stock game and I am positive they will be there soon. 

17 hours ago, River said:

Outstanding !!! 

Thanks for the file but I'd rather not mess with the lua files. They should be in the stock game and I am positive they will be there soon. 

You may be interested in a brilliant Mod by Quaggles.

Basically the mod can add additional keybinds from the saved folder.

Combine the above mod, with Munkwolf's community keybinds folder, and you'll have all the keybinds you'll ever need 🙂

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds/tree/22.7.23

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Please consider axis commands for shkval contrast and brightness. 

edit: nav-, formation-, anti coll-, blade tip lights are mission keybinds. Currently it’s one button with a on/off behavior. I would like to see either up, down or on - off with 2 buttons. That would be great guys. 

Edited by MortalMando
Addition