"Mover" Interview - AMA

Steve Davies

What are the differences in training between a pilot who is planned to be carrier qualified and one who is not (like the US Navy Reserve) ?

How does the fact you're flying a single engine jet into combat affect the mission planning and mission execution vs someone who would go there in a twin engine F-18/F-15 ? (i.e engine troubles peace of mind in a twin)

In the airline career:

What airmanship trait do you wish your pure civilian colleagues had that most seem to lack compared to a military trained guy ? (if any)

Or, in different words : what has been taught to you in the military that makes you a better airline pilot and that the pure civilian pipeline doesnt emphasize enough ?

Most importantly : when do you order that blue Corvette C8 with cream interior ? :smilewink:

Edited by hip3rion

Looking forward to the interview, those are always nice to listen to fsgrin.png

Ask him to explain why chem trails, flat earth, and fake moon landing are all real ;)

xahy2v59.jpg

And the answer is: There must be a reason for tin foil hats! p7o9c8xs.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Look out! Wags has jokes!

And his has the magic to make our jets funny ... ;)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Serious though.

Question: since we are sim pilots, any tricks or tips to work the tgp. I mean are you heads down and using the instruments to maneuver the jet only or is it more head out of the jet and glancing at the tgp and working targets :)

I might get target fixated and only the wind noise will alert me to be 30 degree left and 40 degree down :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Serious though.

Question: since we are sim pilots, any tricks or tips to work the tgp. I mean are you heads down and using the instruments to maneuver the jet only or is it more head out of the jet and glancing at the tgp and working targets :)

I might get target fixated and only the wind noise will alert me to be 30 degree left and 40 degree down :)

Sorry, but you missed the deadline :(

First part is up now:

Parts 2 and 3/AMA will be up later this week.