[REPORTED]AI gunners for AI helos

Ironwulf

Hopefully I dont cop it for putting multiple issues in the one post, but they are all related to the same thing, an AI Pilot's AI gunners. Please see attached MIZ and TRK. The huey should orbit back and forth.

The Green helo is set to free fire. It engages the trucks (terribly I might add) - but not the four watchtowers shooting at it! After I while I blow the trucks up.

The other trucks with smoke next to them are set invisible as I was testing to see if an issue where ai door gunners for player flown aircraft would engage targets that were set to AI invisible - seems that's been fixed.

Once the trucks are blown up, it then targets the helipad. Again, not the watchtowers that are shooting at it. This presents a problem because you cannot set a helipad invisible to AI... so no matter what, it will attempt to shoot it up and it cannot die (to gunfire at least). In fact it seems to preference the farp over any fortification type target (armed house, watchtower, etc)

Now where this gets even better is the other AI helo in the mission, the red flag one. It is set ROE return fire. It also does not return fire on the watchtowers, but even more amazingly, it still shoots at the farp - which is not shooting at it!

Lastly I put in a player slot. If you fly it yourself, your AI gunners correctly target the watchtowers that are shooting at you on return fire and not the trucks. They also do not target the helipad, even when on freefire.

Lastly, the miniguns on the AI helos sound like M60s (which also dont sound like real M60s IMO), they fire stupidly short bursts and despite being set to the same accuracy level as the AI gunners in a player helo, their aim is woeful.

Please fix

aigunners.trk

farp issue.miz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi

I will look at the AI engagement issues and sound, please only to one report per problem in the future it is easier to track and add to our internal reports.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Reported both issues thanks.

Regarding aim set the door gunners to 100% accuracy it will help, but they are not supposed to be snipers, more of an area engagement.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...