DDI upgrade package

Shuenix

I believe only the Marine Corps F/A-18A++ and C+ have been upgraded with the LCD displays, I think the same ones that are in the Block II Super Hornet and some charlie export variants. It would be cool to have, but doesn't really fit with our regular C model and I'm not sure how much of a difference it would even make.

The displays aren’t that much of an issue. While the full colour displays of the Viper have their charm and look more ‘modern’ the displays on the Hornet are both more useful in content and clarity (remembering even in the real world LCD is not always better that CRT). The only time the display is a real weakness in with the TGP though even then after using the LANTIRN in the Tomcat it is much better.

In terms of MFDs I would argue that only the Jeff currently beats the Hornet.

Maybe if they do an early lot super Hornet they could include that down the track (make even more money).

Not such tough cookies actually, considering the fact that the original scope of US NAVY ONLY Hornet was already abandoned anyways in favor for the LITENING Pod....

because not all USMC F/A18C's are C+

a typical "vanilla" USMC F/A18C is just a USN hand me down and thus still have the CRT DDI.

AS we all know the only reason they included the lightening because it did not have to involve any other avionics changes for the USMC version, and the fact they could include a TGP faster for the short term if they re used the same one on use on the A10C, as opposed to developing an entirely new one, and making everyone wait much longer to use the ATFLIR.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

because not all USMC F/A18C's are C+

a typical "vanilla" USMC F/A18C is just a USN hand me down and thus still have the CRT DDI.

AS we all know the only reason they included the lightening because it did not have to involve any other avionics changes for the USMC version, and the fact they could include a TGP faster for the short term if they re used the same one on use on the A10C, as opposed to developing an entirely new one, and making everyone wait much longer to use the ATFLIR.

In fact, only a few F/A-18s are being upgraded to F/A-18C+ So I highly doubt we will ever see a legacy hornet with color DDIs
Edited by Weasel