[NOBUG] Issue with Rb75 and two-stage trigger

Schmidtfire

I have come across a suspected bug.

Using the Rb75 I first press the first stage on my trigger T1 (Two-stage trigger middle position). I slew over the target and press further into second stage trigger, TV (TV-fix for three position switches).

I get a lock on, so far so good! However, letting go of the trigger I loose the Rb75 lock :huh:

I apologize if this works as intended. But seems strange that I need to keep the TV button pressed on my two-stage trigger in order to maintain lock. Shooting the Rb75 like this is very awkard. If I bind TV-fix to a regular button it is sufficient to just lock to target with a quick press, no need to keep the button pressed to maintain lock.

Is the game detecting the first stage of your trigger again as you release it? If so that would trigger t1 again. I had this problem on my x52 and had to use different binds to work round it

Yes, this is partly the issue I think. Currently Using a Virpil setup. First stage will be activated together with Second stage. So when I let go of TV it goes back to T1 (and T0 upon full release of the triggers?).

Maybe RagnarDa knows a workaround or a better way to deal with this?

Yes, this is partly the issue I think. Currently Using a Virpil setup. First stage will be activated together with Second stage. So when I let go of TV it goes back to T1 (and T0 upon full release of the triggers?).

Maybe RagnarDa knows a workaround or a better way to deal with this?

Maybe map them the other way round? So full pull is half, then stop at half as you release to set it?

On my current set up (virpil as well) I put the T1 and t0 on one of the hats on the throttle as I use the trigger as both ptt (for discord/ts3) and as Comms (srs).

Look into windows control setting and check how that switch works. Is it three individual logical buttons or are they two (which usually is the case). If the latter check what position corresponds to what and what position is “not-pressed”. Probably the middle position is not pressed. If so map the pressed extreme position to “TV three position switch” or whatever it’s called and the opposite extreme position to”T0 three position switch”. Don’t map anything to middle position (you can’t).

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I finally figured it out! Bind First detent to T1-fix (Two-stage trigger middle position) but

bind Second detent to TV-fix. (not TV-fix Three position switch)

I have a regular two-button dual stage trigger.

In hindsight very logical, but this old post had me confused:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3630750#post3630750

This will probably be in next update. Meanwhile just add this line to input/joystick/default.lua

{down = 3006, up = 3005, cockpit_device_id = devices.NAVIGATIONPANEL, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = "T1 Fix (Two-stage trigger middle position)", category = "Radar"},

and map it to the half-press stage on your trigger, and then the TV-fix for three position switches on the full-press.

Anyway thanks TomCatGoad and RagnarDa for help and advice :)