Inverter Sound

Devrim

Actually I don't remember that the high pitch sound (sine wave) when I turn the inverter switch ON, in prev. version of A-10C.

In new version of cockpit, the high pitch beep sound of inverter is killing my ears.

"Hear like Helmet" option seems a little bit solution but it's like nearly impossible to use A-10C without helmet option.

Am I only one?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is what you're talking about: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4164712

If so, modifying that .wav file worked perfectly.

1. Find the file on your system. (My full path, with Windows 10 and the open beta installed, was: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Cockpits\Avionics_AC_400Hz_US.wav)

2. Open the file in an audio editor or use a browser-based tool like this one: https://twistedwave.com/online

3. In place of the sound inside the file, insert silence for the duration.

4. Save it back in the original location with the original name.

Edited by jamesgmills

It's very strange, people pay attention if thread title is different. :D

I already know the problem and it's easy to modify the wav file, but I don't remember that disturbing affect of the inverter device in previous cockpit.

Anyway; everyone is in the same thought I guess, about 400Hz.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068