[NO BUG, IT ACTUALLY CAN] Gazelle STILL can't contact AWACS...

D4n

AWACS won't reply to bogey dope requests.

reported over 2.5 years ago, still an issue. Trackfile attached...

BlueFlag - Persian Gulf v0.87 - F14 red.miz-dynamic-20191230-042804.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

reported over 2.5 years ago, still an issue. Trackfile attached...

Hey DanielNL,

Truth be told this issue has slipped through the net when I created a list of user reported issues.

I have just now asked the Gazelle pilots that approached us and offered their help to see how and if they'd communicate with AWACS. Depending on their answers, this feature might be added.

Thanks for pointing it out to me though. If you like more direct interaction with us you're free to contact me on the Polychop Discord and have a chat.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ill buy another of your modules when its fixed. I think everyone should be on board with that ideology. You call it a feature. I call it a basic.

Same here

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hey DanielNL,

Truth be told this issue has slipped through the net when I created a list of user reported issues.

I have just now asked the Gazelle pilots that approached us and offered their help to see how and if they'd communicate with AWACS. Depending on their answers, this feature might be added.

Thanks for pointing it out to me though. If you like more direct interaction with us you're free to contact me on the Polychop Discord and have a chat.

In my experience during the Balkans wars we used AWACs day and night with Gazelle and Lynx, certainly got me out of a few scrapes with bad weather at low level.

yeah yeah, he could've written "I believe helo can contact AWACS in real life." xD

In my experience

you personally flew Gazelle/Lynx in Balkans? :shocking:

I'm preeeety sure an AWACS hast multiple Radios on multiple frequencies, encrypted and unencrypted. So to get in contact you need the frequency on VHF or UHF etc.

There is no technical reason, why a Gazelle should not be able to contact an AWACS.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

AFAIK all chopper in DCS can not make a radio call to AWACS. So much that we wanted this someone even made a mod for KA-50. I don't believe helo can not contact AWACS in real life.

So it's a DCS problem, not a Gazelle problem. Tbh I think it's just a scripting thing. If you're in a fighter the AWACS answers, if not it won't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Looking at all the upcoming helicopter modules (Hind, BO etc..) i am AMAZED that this is even still an issue with DCS. Not something i have ever tried but can see why it would be terrible in certain situations.

Needs to be reported to ED if it is same for all Helos

So the basic answer is, any helicopter can be in the network of AWACS and they will be, but not for a bogey dope, as some people hopeto havein the terms of gaming and trying to hunt with the mistral, no, in general they are connected to AWACS so they could be contacted by the airboss to redirect them for CAS or CSAR or whatever, but the helicopters would contact directly FAC or other controling units in the loop.

If AWACS will be added, not sure.

Opinions about everybody should follow x y z because of thier opinion, well. I leave that to the community to judge such comments.

Cheers.

Have a good trip into 2020

Probably because Gazelle MISTRAL version was never deployed operationally. (that's what my initial question was, sorry for not being clear from the start)

So the basic answer is, any helicopter can be in the network of AWACS and they will be, but not for a bogey dope, as some people hopeto havein the terms of gaming and trying to hunt with the mistral, no, in general they are connected to AWACS so they could be contacted by the airboss to redirect them for CAS or CSAR or whatever, but the helicopters would contact directly FAC or other controling units in the loop.

If AWACS will be added, not sure.

Opinions about everybody should follow x y z because of thier opinion, well. I leave that to the community to judge such comments.

Cheers.

Have a good trip into 2020

The Gazelle pilots explained that even though in an exercise they have been in contact with AWACS, it was never done operationally.

I couldn't care less about that topic, as for various reasons I don't have the Gazelle, but:

The thing with a "true Sandbox" environment is, that you can create "what if" scenarios. If you limit yourself to Scenarios that happened in the past, then the question arises, when was the Gazelle deployed operationally in the Caucasus area, or Persian Gulf, or Normandy 1944....

I'm sure interesting missions could be made with the Gazelle and AWACS working together.

Fox

Spoiler

The Gazelle pilots explained that even though in an exercise they have been in contact with AWACS, it was never done operationally.

So when Gazelles are operating in an area they have no contact with CGI to warn them of hostile aircraft ?

When I wanted to contact AWACS, it was for SA (is that RWR contact friend or foe, etc.), without the radio option - I revert to acting as a player GCI in MP and/or use the F10 map in SP.

Pretty sure that isn't done "operationally" either :lol:

Anyway, at least the question's been asked - perhaps ED/BST will add the option to their own helicopters.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Probably because Gazelle MISTRAL version was never deployed operationally. (that's what my initial question was, sorry for not being clear from the start)

The MISTRAL is for self-defence (no matter how it's used in DCS), GCI/AWACS is an important part of SA, without it, you have to fallback to using the F10 map or a player GCI.

Obviously, the Gazelle can tune into AWACS frequencies and listen to other players calling "bogie dope", etc.

It's just annoying not being able to ask for a bogie sit. rep. myself because Poly (and ED) haven't enabled the AWACS/GCI radio options in the radio menus of their helicopters.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The MISTRAL is for self-defence (no matter how it's used in DCS), GCI/AWACS is an important part of SA, without it, you have to fallback to using the F10 map or a player GCI.

Obviously, the Gazelle can tune into AWACS frequencies and listen to other players calling "bogie dope", etc.

It's just annoying not being able to ask for a bogie sit. rep. myself because Poly (and ED) haven't enabled the AWACS/GCI radio options in the radio menus of their helicopters.

I agree 100%

Amazingly this has been like this for years. This feature has been asked many times in the past and ED seems to ignore it for unknown reason.

Its hard to live longer in DCS choppers when Hornet, Viper and Su with their DL can easily locate you then blow you up mercilessly. Before somebody chime in talking about strategy bla.... bla.... bla... I'm well aware of that. At least give this feature for the chopper pilot, it would help alot and its realistic anyway.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

While looking in to this issue, it turns out the Gazelle is already capable of interacting with the AWACS. My guess is that the people having issues with it did not switch to the appropriate radio.

You have to (depending on the frequency of the AWACS) transmit and receive on the UHF AM radio located in the panel underneith the collective.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While looking in to this issue, it turns out the Gazelle is already capable of interacting with the AWACS. My guess is that the people having issues with it did not switch to the appropriate radio.

You have to (depending on the frequency of the AWACS) transmit and receive on the UHF AM radio located in the panel underneith the collective.

:thumbup:

Spoiler

Turns out issue was "VHF" menu opening all the time in copilot seat.