Not able to slew IR Mavs using WYPDSG

obious

Hi All,

I've tried searching already for this but I can't find anywhere its already been mentioned or answered.

Putting it simply, I was playing around with IR Mavs and the F-18 yesterday after watching tutorial on YT where the WYPDSG option on the HSI is used to slew the sensor of an IR mav easily to a target.

I thought I'd give it a go but for whatever reason, whenever I hit the WYPDSG button, the Maverick slews to a position about 3-500m from where it should lock.

Any idea whats going on here? Is there a bug or am I just using it incorrectly?

FYI I'm starting hot on the ramp

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Yea, that definitely seems to have brought the lock closer to the target but I've noticed that whenever I try and set the waypoint to be 0 AGL/ASL it defaults to 98ft etc.

Is there a way to set the waypoint to 0 AGL/ASL?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Yea, that definitely seems to have brought the lock closer to the target but I've noticed that whenever I try and set the waypoint to be 0 AGL/ASL it defaults to 98ft etc.

Is there a way to set the waypoint to 0 AGL/ASL?

Use ASL altitude and set it to zero. The ME will turn it into the ASL altitude of the terrain at that point.

In your example, if you used 0 ASL and it turned to 98ft, that means that the terrain at that point is at an elevation of 98ft.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi.

Could you plz post the video, since I do not understand why someone would need a WYPDSG for the IR-Mav. Only thing I could think of is to get a general idea, where to look for the target and not you is doing the lasing. Much like the coordinates a JTAC gives you.

But to aquire the target you need an active laser on the target anyway and from 5 miles out, looking at the searching triangle in the HUD the scan-area seems to be way larger than the mentioned 300-500m, so even being that far off, it would normally result in a lock.

But I got another (slightly off-topic) question regarding the Mav:

Is there a button to initiate a tracking-attempt of the Mav like the TMS-forward in the A-10? When I do a TGTDSG with the Targetingpod the Mav (non-IR) will slew to that point (eg tank) but will often not automatically lock onto the target. My guess is, that actually the Mav tries to lock automatically but (as in the A-10 often too) only get a lock very close to the min range or sometimes even fails to get a lock. But I was not able to confirm my assumption yet.

Edited by Wali763

Hi.

Could you plz post the video, since I do not understand why someone would need a WYPDSG for the IR-Mav. Only thing I could think of is to get a general idea, where to look for the target and not you is doing the lasing. Much like the coordinates a JTAC gives you.

In my example above, I’m using the F Mav, not the E variant. I was simply trying to use it the same way I saw in a video when I cam across the issue but I think it’s pretty useful to use WYPDSG if you’re in a target rich/hostile env and don’t have the time to fondle the TDC to find the correct target/area you need to destroy

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

This Mav slew has been quite frustrating since the F/A-18 joined the club...several iterations and videos later I still can't get the Mav-F to even slew. WYPDSG get it's really close but I can't move it and it won't lock.

Me think my Warthog settings are completely screwed up with all the changes...slewing any other sensor works fine. Could someone share their Warthog settings, especially related to this weapon?

Thanks in advanced

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

This Mav slew has been quite frustrating since the F/A-18 joined the club...several iterations and videos later I still can't get the Mav-F to even slew. WYPDSG get it's really close but I can't move it and it won't lock.

Me think my Warthog settings are completely screwed up with all the changes...slewing any other sensor works fine. Could someone share their Warthog settings, especially related to this weapon?

You need to undesignate first then you can slew the Mav , also check special options to check if realistic slew is enabled that might be your problem

EAF602 Red....THANK YOU....after all this time and frustration I finally have the answer to my problems. There were some conflicts on my Warthog HOTAS Throttle but this was the clue to clean it up. :megalol:

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC