please add client setting "disable auto radio/communications menu popup"

D4n

He just turned from troll to toxic.

I’m trying to find the problem for you guys. How is that trolling? :doh:

A tip from the bug thread: try turning off Allied Flight Reports.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

It happens without allied flight reports.

Yes I had that turned off when I made the bug track.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

Yep this ("Departure Airdrome. Ready to takeoff") even appears when landing ~6 nm away from an airport...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 3 weeks later...

Please, ED, it really kinda ruins the immersion if that pops up everytime we land our JF-17 to refuel+rearm our two C-802AKGs. (which is ~ every 10-15 minutes for those who solely do AKG attacks with JF-17). Best to remove this entirely if easier for the programmers, instead of making it a client-option.

Edited by DanielNL
  • Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, misunderstanding.

• 4 months later...

Have you finally started working on this, ED?

+1 I don't like the automatic pop-up behaviour, this is mainly because I use the mouse to look around and if the menu pops up, mouse-look is interrupted while the cursor is present.

I'd prefer it to only open when prompted to do so - like the Jester menu.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 weeks later...

Please ED... it's indeed messing with Jester contextual menu...

• 3 weeks later...

over 3000 hits already and ~1 year later, still no dev-reply here ;(

• 7 months later...

....and +1 hoping that someone from devs will finally take it in account.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

• 5 months later...

Yes +1 here too. For me both the coms menu and subtitle texts really break some of the immersion in VR.

Another issue I have with this functionality is that it looks very ugly when recording video's. Even when using outside views you see these lingering menu's when playing back a track file, with no way to get rid of them.  

A simple 'enable/disable visual coms menu', or for example a setting to change the coms menu text color to transparant or change the text size to 0 would also do fine. It reminds me of the message envelope icon that is floating in the middle of the screen. This one can be switched off, so why not the same for all texts?  

As a workaround I have bound the F12 to a HOTAS command, so whenever it appears I use this. And this happens a LOT. I mainly talk on SRS and have this menu opening up all the time.

Edit: To deconflict with SRS I added a modifier to the radio PTT's in DCS and have no modifier set in SRS. So can freely speak on SRS now using the same radio button, without opening the comms menu. If I want to talk to DCS AI, I just add the modifier button.  

Edited by Ready
  • Thanks 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I don't think that any of the ED guys ever read this.
Thus I am informing @BIGNEWY , maybe he has the sensibility to forward the request to the devs.

• Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Just now, TOViper said:

I don't think that any of the ED guys ever read this.
Thus I am informing @BIGNEWY , maybe he has the sensibility to forward the request to the devs.

This isn’t exactly an earthshaking problem. Tap your comm button and the menu goes away. I never pay much attention to this

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

This isn’t exactly an earthshaking problem

You have long since proven that you don't even understand the problem. The fact that you now claim that you don't “pay much attention” to something that affects the entire input system of the game just further highlights how uselessly uninformed and irrelevant your input is.

This is a wishlist thread. Your desperate desire to keep the game from ever being improved has been noted and is as useless as ever. Go troll somewhere else.

• Like 2

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

I use VAICOM wherever possible but still have the comms menu enabled as a fall back just in case there is something I can't do. I do find the pop ups annoying and if they could be totally user initiated it would improve the immersion for me.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat