Mission 14 troubles

snodipous

I flew this mission today, and after destroying the first SAM site and the two follow-on pop-up targets as directed by Moonbeam, I was heading back to the IP to contact UZI. Chevy flight came on the radio and said "Chevy flight inbound, Chevy taking fire, Chevy going down" as if it was all in one breath. And then my instructor came on to say I had failed the mission. So either the bad guys were spawn-camping the helicopter or something is wonky with the mission triggers...?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed. It sounds like the voice overs got queued up and then played all at once. Has it happened a second time? Have you tried a DCS Repair?

Watch the road for any other inbound AAA that the JTAC might have missed before Chevy goes in for the pickup.

We will retest the mission to see if something has changed in recent game updates.

Thanks for letting us know.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

~spoilers ahead~

So I was able to pass the mission yesterday, but the triggers were still wonky. The instructor only started the dialog about the different flavors of SEAD mission *after* I had finished the two 9-lines from Moonbeam, and Uzi never replied to my radio call at all. Luckily I knew where to look for the approaching AAA and SAM (I have done this mission a lot of times because I'm not good at this), and I was able to get them both with a leftover Maverick and some brrrts. I also didn't get the all clear from anybody, the helo just flew home, so I circled it for a while then landed and got the pass.

I had a hard time with this one but it's an interesting mission with a lot of different things going on. Things just get tougher when the bad guys shoot back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Played and finished Mission 14 in DCS 2.5.6 With Voice attack but with Viacom disabled all appeared to run as Recon Stewarts Original back in the day.

Landed at Dusk very nice graphics with a really nice feeling of being there.

Thank you Sabre

Thank you Eagle dynamics.

All Radio calls seemed to be around the time they should have been although I lost coms with Uzi after taking the last target

• 3 years later...

I have checked the mission editor and the radio frequency for Uzi in the proper campaign for mission TAC14 SEAD Tasking is set to 127.5, while in the practice campaign it's set to 124. Both briefings state 124. Can i safely correct this or will Maple Flag do it? Don't want to break anything.

The correct frequency to use with UZI is TAD 12 (124) when talking to the UZI AFAC. 

I think ED changed the default helo frequency to 127.5 at one point so we used that in the Mission Data card as a reference for the helo pilot with 124 being the frequency for the AFAC.

Both missions should match so we will check and correct them.  If you use 124 for the AFAC it should work as expected.

I have completed the practice mission and Uzi responds on 124, however, for me it does not respond in the proper campaign mission on that frequency. I'll try to test 127.5 today when i get the chance.

• Like 1

Ok, so i can confirm that Uzi responds on 125.7 if anyone needs this as a workaround. Also, the Mission Data Card also states the frequency as 127.5, only the briefing states 124.

• Like 1

I finish the mission with the failed to destroy all targets message despite lead confirming target one being destroyed and Moonbeam and Uzi telling me to depart after i destroy a moving AAA, a moving SAM and AAA and a stationary AAA. After the last AAA the lead calls playtime over. Are there any other targets to look for to complete the mission successfully?

I compared the triggers and you are correct that in the main campaign mission UZI has 127.5 set as the frequency. I'll do some testing and update both to make sure they align with the briefing docs.

Sounds like you got all the targets so not sure why it didn't indicate a success for you.  If the extraction is successful then the mission should be a pass.

If you can post a .trk file of your flight we can review it.

Thanks for reporting these issues.  We have dozens of missions and can't test them all with each release but will work to fix issues when they are reported.

• Like 1

I was about to post the track file, but i watched it first and there were major discrepancies. Uzi reported target not destroyed and i swear during my run i had all the kills and confirmations. Also i never requested "What is my target" and the track file had it. So the fail seemed legitimate on the track file but had little in common with my sortie. So i flew it again and this time managed to complete it. Uzi had another target, so 3 requests in total i believe plus 1 for Moonbeam. Another weird thing is after destroying the third target for Uzi he starts with "Type 3 in effect" only to follow it with "No further tasking available". In the end i managed to successfully complete the mission.

• Like 1