How to use GBU12 without onboard FLIR and with JTAC laser???

jimblue74

I need advice on how to use GBUs with the JTAC that illuminates the target with laser.

I don't want to bother you all the time, so I searched on YouTube, in the manuals, but found nothing. So let me explain, I "learned" (big word) to:

launch AGM65 F with TV guide of the missile warhead;

launch AGM65 E (I could be confused with the abbreviations) guiding it both with the FLIR on board the plane and with the JTAC laser;

launch GBU by guiding them with the FLIR aboard my plane.

Instead I don't understand how to launch GBUs by guiding them with the laser indicated by the JTAC (without onboard FLIR). I arrive at the IP, I make all the radio calls with the JTAC until asking for the lighting of the target, I select STORES- GBU12 (for example) - I set the fuze, the laser code, the quantity (possibly), the AUTO mode (also here I don't quite understand, sometimes it takes it right away, other no, it stays in CCIP and only after several attempts does she go to AUTO), then I don't know what to do, how do I "connect" the GBU to the JTAC laser? In AGM65, just press the OSB button on the DDI where the STORES page is displayed (with Maverick already selected) and access the specific page of the AGM65, the one with the circle in the center, set the SOI on that MFD, unlock the heat and it should automatically lock your target, then launch the missile. On GBUs, without onboard FLIR, I don't know how. If you answer me briefly, thank you very much, because I have been working for two days without success. Thanks and happy new year to all!

If you know the jtac has the laser on, and the gbu is set with the correct laser code and fuse (no x on the stores page), then you’re ready to go. There’s no way to see what the gbu sensor head sees like on the Maverick. You just need to know where the target is visually and drop there using auto or ccip. For auto, you can designate a target using coordinates from jtac or using hud designation.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

If you know the jtac has the laser on, and the gbu is set with the correct laser code and fuse (no x on the stores page), then you’re ready to go. There’s no way to see what the gbu sensor head sees like on the Maverick. You just need to know where the target is visually and drop there using auto or ccip. For auto, you can designate a target using coordinates from jtac or using hud designation.

Thankyou very much. One thing, when I select gbu12, I also select auto bomb mode with OSB, but in the hud appear often ccip mode, and i can't changoe it to auto mode. Why?

Step 1 - go to YouTube and type in “DCS Hornet GBU”

Step 2 - learn that stuff

Step 3 - do the things you learned from the YouTube videos.

Very helpful. Srsly though, why bother at all?

For the lgb's as mentioned before there is no indication. If you don't know the exact position of the target either generate a way point from the coordinate given by the jtac or if you have a rough location drop the bomb from high altitude to make sure the sensor of the bomb gets a chance to find the laser

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thankyou very much. One thing, when I select gbu12, I also select auto bomb mode with OSB, but in the hud appear often ccip mode, and i can't changoe it to auto mode. Why?

With Auto mode selected, no designated target, and TDC Priority not on the HUD, the plane will default to CCIP bombing because there is no reference for auto bombing.

As soon as you designate a ground target it will switch to Auto bombing. If you set TDC Priority to the HUD (SCS Up) it will switch to "ball and chain" visual auto mode.

It works the same way in reverse too - if you're in Auto bombing pressing the Undesignate button will switch to CCIP. This is particularly useful for visually delivering bombs on a target that is known to be close to a waypoint. Hit Waypoint Designate to put a target diamond up on the HUD for reference, and once you've visually identified your target hitting Undesignate will switch to CCIP.

With Auto mode selected, no designated target, and TDC Priority not on the HUD, the plane will default to CCIP bombing because there is no reference for auto bombing.

As soon as you designate a ground target it will switch to Auto bombing. If you set TDC Priority to the HUD (SCS Up) it will switch to "ball and chain" visual auto mode.

It works the same way in reverse too - if you're in Auto bombing pressing the Undesignate button will switch to CCIP. This is particularly useful for visually delivering bombs on a target that is known to be close to a waypoint. Hit Waypoint Designate to put a target diamond up on the HUD for reference, and once you've visually identified your target hitting Undesignate will switch to CCIP.

"Copy that". Perfect, thanks

You could also use the TGP and set it to laser search, and this way setup the correct taget point.

You won´t have to lase Yourself, and once the bomb is dropped, it´s very much fire and forget for You.

Remember to set the laser code for the laser search sensor to the one JTAC uses.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.