C-802AKG without Data Link pod?

Schmidtfire

I have a question regarding the C-802AKG. Is it possible to use for pre-planned targets without the data link pod? Or does the final targeting need the "Man-in-the-loop" aiming?

Im trying to shoot it like a regular JSOW or GBU/GPS weapon, all pre planned. No video feed.

Yeah, you need to fly it in in my experience.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Glacier;4160489']If you want pre-planned targets but don't want the MitL function' date=' couldn't you use the C-802AK instead?[/quote']

I thought that was just an anti-ship missile? I mean I could easily be wrong.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I thought that was just an anti-ship missile? I mean I could easily be wrong.

Yes, it refuses to lock on to almost anything other than ships. Even “sea shelf objects” will regularly be ignored by the AK.

I even had this really funny bug hunting session the other day where three gas platforms were targeted, and the missiles would clearly react to their presence…

…by deftly avoiding them while Tokyo-drifting around the target spot in a complex slalom route that would go round and around for five minutes, always swerving to avoid the platforms with only maybe 100m to spare. :D

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

LOFL you should post a tacview trac of that.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Without a DL pod, AKG will just do loops:lol:

hey foxwxl - the screenshot i linked is a c802ak - the anti ship variant.

In my case i targeted a patrol boat - when the missile's approach is not set to pop-up, the missiles will overfly patrol boats (the missile seems to coast towards the target at something like 20ft above surface, much higher than a patrol boat), when they fail to impact they will then execute a loop and smash on the boat from the top

hey foxwxl - the screenshot i linked is a c802ak - the anti ship variant.

In my case i targeted a patrol boat - when the missile's approach is not set to pop-up, the missiles will overfly patrol boats (the missile seems to coast towards the target at something like 20ft above surface, much higher than a patrol boat), when they fail to impact they will then execute a loop and smash on the boat from the top

Possible missile scheme problem, I've sighted on KH22 with loop and smash.

But 802AK isn't the real weapon design for patrol boat. C701(or C704/705 in the RL) will be better suit for small targets.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Possible missile scheme problem, I've sighted on KH22 with loop and smash.

But 802AK isn't the real weapon design for patrol boat. C701(or C704/705 in the RL) will be better suit for small targets.

yep, agreed, i just brought it up as a low priority issue, if you take a look at the dcs model for a patrol boat it's basically a dinghy with a dshk mounted on it, the missile is probably 10 times the cost of the boat :lol:

Technically the COO mode should be used to hit PP targets like a precision guided GPS bomb, BUT the missile will simply do loops indefinately.

So yeah.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Technically the COO mode should be used to hit PP targets like a precision guided GPS bomb, BUT the missile will simply do loops indefinately.

So yeah.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

It has a terrain following altimeter and no GPS. I don’t know what’s really wrong about that, if foxwxl seems to be saying TV picture is needed

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It has a terrain following altimeter and no GPS. I don’t know what’s really wrong about that, if foxwxl seems to be saying TV picture is needed

As a MIL weapon, AKG is required for terminal guidance in the game. Or U can just ATA a target let the missile do all the job.

Maybe it can sololy rely on INS/GPS all the way in RL(software on the jet / DL pod could aslo be updated to have more function), but considered it long range & GPS jamming on the battlefield, impact accuracy could be an issue due to the INS drift.

Edited by foxwxl

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

aviation week in an article re the zhuhai 2010 expo mention it only has ins navigation, so it's no good for long range precision strikes, hence the mitl terminal guidance

there are other cruise missiles with radar guidance and/or gps, but i don't think PAF procured any of those

it seems PAF purchased the cm 400 akg though, which has gps+image recognition guidance (similar to a tomahawk, only much faster - apparently during terminal guidance it can hit 5.5mach) - maybe DEKA can introduce it at some point as a fire and forget standoff weapon :pilotfly:

I have a hunch that particular weapon is going to require a possible ballistic missile API that might be ready once the Scud is finished. I always heard it was made from SY 400

TBH I kind of hoped C-802AKG would work without data link, but I am fine with it as it was designed to be used that way. It’s a very powerful missile that comes with its own compromises. It’s ability to even get airplanes is insane, and the 280kg warhead is pretty amazing for a missile

110E7880-7F8E-469B-9283-6C423BC64F8D.thumb.jpeg.5fd361147fd9454bb318a61ac37e94e4.jpeg

95113799-9685-4A17-B034-A63DDB70FEEB.jpeg.26fddd246404c7a52d112c54275cbf04.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

it seems PAF purchased the cm 400 akg though, which has gps+image recognition guidance (similar to a tomahawk, only much faster - apparently during terminal guidance it can hit 5.5mach) - maybe DEKA can introduce it at some point as a fire and forget standoff weapon :pilotfly:

I think we have enough guided weapons now.

Yes, the CM-400AKG most likely has atleast a semi ballistic profile. I expect it to be an option when a ED ballistic FM API is made after the Scud is out. Would be fun to use the same datalink pod as C-802AKG.

So, is the CM802akg suppose to be able to guide itself on terminal with PP entered? Wondering if it is a bug or normal behavior we are seeing right now.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A