X-52 users, have sticky stick problems?

Tuna-Salad

If you use the X-52, like me .. you may notice the stick appears to be sort of "sticky" or does not move very smooth for very fine adjustments or may take a little effort to get it to initially move. To fix this, simply spray some furniture polish (pledge) on a paper towel or rag and wipe it on the under side of the plate just below the spring and around the rim on the base where the plate meets about once a week. This will solve your issue. Been doing this for a while and a friend of mine recently had this complaint so figured I might share with you here too. Hope it helps some of you.

• 1 month later...
If you use the X-52, like me .. you may notice the stick appears to be sort of "sticky" or does not move very smooth for very fine adjustments or may take a little effort to get it to initially move. To fix this, simply spray some furniture polish (pledge) on a paper towel or rag and wipe it on the under side of the plate just below the spring and around the rim on the base where the plate meets about once a week. This will solve your issue. Been doing this for a while and a friend of mine recently had this complaint so figured I might share with you here too. Hope it helps some of you.

I have that very problem! Thanks for the tip, will try when back home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you used a Teflon lube instead of furniture polish you'd only have to apply it once or twice to fix the problem. Using a dry Teflon lube would work best, but a thin coat of a wet Teflon oil lube would also be OK (it'll dry out and leave just the Teflon for lubrication). I think I would avoid using a grease, though a light film might be OK too. But just like with the furniture polish, you don't want it dripping or sloppy!

This profile (jlummel) is not in use anymore!

I managed to recover my original forum profile, StressLess, and have gone back to using it!

• 1 month later...

I am using my ~15 year old X-45, which was suffering a lot of stiction. Using some furniture polish as suggested has helped tremendously! Way smoother now and very little stiction. I've been applying it every few days.

@jlummel, your suggestion of teflon lube is intriguing. Do you have any recommendations as far as what to look for? I'm avoiding petroleum based products because I don't want the plastic to degrade.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Dupont Teflon spray actually made it worse for me. It was smoother when you move fast but when trying to make small adjustments, it was sticking more.

I put some left over synthetic motor oil on q-tips and applied on the shaft. Smooth. Was afraid it might melt the plastic but seems to be fine.