ACM cover and jettison

Eagle7907

I’ve tried searching the bug thread to see if this was reported. I didn’t find anything, so I’m asking here.

From how I understand it, moving the cover up puts the sensors in an ACM state. Pushing the button underneath the cover jettisons stores for dogfighting. My question is this currently implemented? Due to the recent threads about this feature, I’ve been playing around with it and for some reason I can’t get anything to jettison from pilot seat via the ACM button.

I tried this in one of the instant action dogfight missions. So everything was armed, selected, AA mode, etc. Flip the cover, push the button. Nothing. Push and hold button. Nothing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I’ve tried searching the bug thread to see if this was reported. I didn’t find anything, so I’m asking here.

From how I understand it, moving the cover up puts the sensors in an ACM state. Pushing the button underneath the cover jettisons stores for dogfighting. My question is this currently implemented? Due to the recent threads about this feature, I’ve been playing around with it and for some reason I can’t get anything to jettison from pilot seat via the ACM button.

I tried this in one of the instant action dogfight missions. So everything was armed, selected, AA mode, etc. Flip the cover, push the button. Nothing. Push and hold button. Nothing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The RIO must select the stores to be jettison from his seat. By default nothing is selected. I am not sure if you can do it with Jester, I believe you can. It does work with a human RIO though.

The RIO must select the stores to be jettison from his seat. By default nothing is selected. I am not sure if you can do it with Jester, I believe you can. It does work with a human RIO though.

Ah! You're right. I just checked the manual to confirm this and sure enough exactly as described. It doesn't mention Jester, but it probably shouldn't because Jester has his own command for jettison tanks and what not. To me, this is a very task saturated situation with Jester. Oh well...I guess get really good at that Jester menu. Maybe they could make a shortcut for when the switch is flipped up that the Jester menu defaults to ACM commands or WVR menus? I'll mention it in the wishing well.

Thanks!

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Ah! You're right. I just checked the manual to confirm this and sure enough exactly as described. It doesn't mention Jester, but it probably shouldn't because Jester has his own command for jettison tanks and what not. To me, this is a very task saturated situation with Jester. Oh well...I guess get really good at that Jester menu. Maybe they could make a shortcut for when the switch is flipped up that the Jester menu defaults to ACM commands or WVR menus? I'll mention it in the wishing well.

Thanks!

I didn't test this but you definitely can ask jester to select stores in the AG context menu. Ask him to select stations 2 and 7 and then try ACM jettison button

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Why couldn't they add this in the keybinds? Its not Ideal to navigate the jester menu when in the middle of ACM There are other one button Jester commands like STT lock and Unlock, How drop the tanks was left out is beyond me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 11:57 PM, near_blind said:

You can always tell Jester to select stations 2 and 7 before take off or while transiting, and then jettison them yourself using the ACM jett button. 

Hi.

indeed, I saw a former RIO tutorial explaining that he used to select the tanks just after take off or when taxiing, so they where ready to jettison in case of need. I guess it could be the same for A/G muntion.

Saludos.

Saca111

You can jettison bags (and everything else but the glove pylons IIRC) with the emergency jettison anyway,  so that seems as designed. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

On 3/3/2022 at 9:57 PM, Godric said:

Why couldn't they add this in the keybinds? Its not Ideal to navigate the jester menu when in the middle of ACM There are other one button Jester commands like STT lock and Unlock, How drop the tanks was left out is beyond me.

Because jettisonning your tanks isn't a thing in the Tomcat. You'd keep em, unless really an emergency. But that isn't the reason it ain't a keybind. It was added after the keybinds were done and ofc before we will add the rest, as we always said, after the Jester overhaul and only towards the end of early access.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/