VR Pilot (wip)

=DECOY=

Where can I activate the pilot's body? Don't find any settings.

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

Where can I activate the pilot's body? Don't find any settings.

Something like "Show Pilot Body" or so in your settings.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ok thanks found it. It's RShift + P

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 32 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

It's awesome, looks much more authentic now in VR.

Looking forward to the Harrier pilot.

Thanks for the compliments...

Did we kill it?

Is it all that we said it was?

Did we make you guys happy?

I'll be applying this technology to the Harrier, and the F-15E pilot soon.

Hi Tim, it looks great !

Has defaut head position been moved a bit forward ? As i can't see information on top line on VTB (where is displayed target speed, target closing speed, etc...) anymore with defaut head position. I have to lean backward or move head down. Even when i lower the seat to the max, i still can't see the information properly (partially hidden)

Not the case in Stable version.

I'm playing in VR

Playing Guns Guns Guns instant action mission on Caucasus on Stable branch and then Open Beta can easily show the difference by locking Mig23 at the start of the mission.

Other guys having the same issue ?

Edited by Steph21

Yes the head position have been moved up and/or forward, it messes with the cockpit visibility.

Also, the seat max raise position is too low, you can't have a correct head position for landing...

Thanks for confirmation. Hope it will be fine tuned for next update.

Thanks for the compliments...

Did we kill it?

Is it all that we said it was?

Did we make you guys happy?

I'll be applying this technology to the Harrier, and the F-15E pilot soon.

Yes, you killed it! :thumbup:

Really, you've set a new standard in DCS, this is THE best pilot body.

Great work!

Ps. the old body is still there after ejection but that's no biggie and I'm sure you get to that in due course.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

The view has been moved exactly 5cm (<2 inches) forward, this was done to give the best option for the head to body relation.

The problem is the mechanics of the real head/neck functions as you move your head down to look at something lower, your eye position moves too from the neck's axis rotation. Not in DCS it's a fixed point. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

The view has been moved exactly 5cm (<2 inches) forward, this was done to give the best option for the head to body relation.

The problem is the mechanics of the real head/neck functions as you move your head down to look at something lower, your eye position moves too from the neck's axis rotation. Not in DCS it's a fixed point. :(

Cant it be done the other way? Move pilot body 5cm backward ? Then it wont affect the view that was spot on with the rest of the cockpit. Body might 'warp' into the seat ,so not ideal but it woudlnt impacts gameplay. Unless it creates collision issue...

having it for the harrier will mean I shall be spending a whole lot of time in the module, love that plane and its awesome for VR

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Cant it be done the other way? Move pilot body 5cm backward ? Then it wont affect the view that was spot on with the rest of the cockpit. Body might 'warp' into the seat ,so not ideal but it woudlnt impacts gameplay. Unless it creates collision issue...

In VR, move your head forward, hit numpad 5, return to normal position. Done :thumbup:

Previously I to move my head forward in VR because I was in the seat head rest...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

In VR, move your head forward, hit numpad 5, return to normal position. Done :thumbup:

Previously I to move my head forward in VR because I was in the seat head rest...

Yeah i had that in mind too. But then head placement wont match pilot body position. I guess i'll continue flying without pilot body.

I'll have to check if it solves other issue mentionned by myhelljumper on max seat high for landing

Yeah i had that in mind too. But then head placement wont match pilot body position. I guess i'll continue flying without pilot body.

I'll have to check if it solves other issue mentionned by myhelljumper on max seat high for landing

Lower your seat a little, its fully adjustable giving you this option. In relation to the seat height for landing, this was tested and didn't raise any issues.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Hello Tim.

It's a detail but could you implement these shoes please

3dBtZoQ.jpg

Hi,

The ones modeled are the boots issued to active servicemen in the ADA, we scanned boots recommend by the 2/5 Commander to ensure they are the correct ones

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Lower your seat a little, its fully adjustable giving you this option.

This is not a solution, if we lower the seat, we will lower our visibility of the front below the aircraft and even loose symbology on the HUD (Rotation angle reference...)

The default view should be correct.

In relation to the seat height for landing, this was tested and didn't raise any issues.

As it is now, with the seat raised at max, we can only see 1 or 2 degrees below 14° (approach AoA), this means can barely see the runway when landing. And the speed and alt readings are not at the top of the HUD, this is not how it should be.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

This is not a solution, if we lower the seat, we will lower our visibility of the front below the aircraft and even loose symbology on the HUD (Rotation angle reference...)

The default view should be correct.

As it is now, with the seat raised at max, we can only see 1 or 2 degrees below 14° (approach AoA), this means can barely see the runway when landing. And the speed and alt readings are not at the top of the HUD, this is not how it should be.

Indeed, lowering the seat doesn't solve the issue, top line of VTB can't be seen properly even at the lower position. Only workaround for user with head tracking device (VR, Track IR,...) is to lean forward (5 cm), hit center view, then lean backward to gaming position. But then, head is not aligned with Pilot body.

Not sure what users without head tracking device can do about it.

As for seat raised at max at 14° AOA, i can confirm what is mentioned above by myHelljumper.

Current default view and seat handling are perfect in Stable version.

Current implementation of new pilot body on Open Beta has negative impact on both.

This is just objective feedback on new pilot body implementation on Beta branch.

Aside from those 2 issues, the new pilot is top notch, clearly the best of all modules i own in DCS :thumbup:

Hopefully it can be sorted out before being pushed to Stable branch

Edited by Steph21

I .. Only workaround for user with head tracking device (VR, Track IR,...) is to lean forward (5 cm), hit center view, then lean backward to gaming position. But then, head is not aligned with Pilot body.

Not sure what users without head tracking device can do about it.

Adjusting a new default position by moving the view little back (Righ Shift + Right Ctrl + /) and saving it (Right Shift + Right Ctrl + 0 or . if i remember correclty) doesn't solve the problem?

i remember that in the previous version i had my own adjusted default view position

Adjusting a new default position by moving the view little back (Righ Shift + Right Ctrl + /) and saving it (Right Shift + Right Ctrl + 0 or . if i remember correclty) doesn't solve the problem?

i remember that in the previous version i had my own adjusted default view position

Probably work also, but you'll have the same issue with head and pilot body alignment. It's like you have your eyes at the back of your head.