VR Pilot (wip)

=DECOY=

The Mirage 2000C is a really tight cockpit, I was even able to sit in one and lucky to have the canopy closed and locked to get a full sense.

Here is the problem the previous view was so far back to compensate so a person can see all the cockpit. Just like Jojo said his head would be in the seat head back. So we moved it 5cm forward to a more correct position this allowed up to compensate for pilot body position but still maintain most of the view of the VTB.

As mentioned before the neck pivots the head down allowing the eye to drop with the position in the world space,

attachment.php?attachmentid=227825&d=1581953873

Default view

attachment.php?attachmentid=227826&d=1581953873

Seat adjusted with small amount.

attachment.php?attachmentid=227827&d=1581953873

As for the landing and moving the seat up what is your AOA and approach speed? you glide slope cause we tested with the correct path and seeing the cues just fine when tested.

Please post a screenshot of missing information on the HUD and your landing view discrepancy.

picturemessage_g5b4wmuj_zku.png.e69c0d91eb959a8fa006ed47d02f684f.png

picturemessage_0vyvx5vp_k0d.thumb.jpg.77b0570c7bef0d0a215fdd5d2f21ea72.jpg

picturemessage_bclupzst_0ik.thumb.jpg.9aa6e2cdd46212ba1bf5587bdafeda04.jpg

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

[...]

In both the cockpit images you provided, the VTB top line is hidden by the HUD pedestal. I'm talking about the line were you can read your target speed, closing speed, heading and altitude.

As I said, I fly my landings at 14° AoA, speed is what it is at 14° for my fuel and stores, glide slope is 3°. The problem is easy to see, you should be able to put the speed and alt readings at the top of the HUD glass by raising the seat to have a good landing position and view, it is currently impossible to do so.

I understand what you say about eye-head position, but I fail to see why the old way (that allowed us to see all the cockpit) is a problem.

I'm unable to provide reference pictures at the moment because I reverted my game to the previous version where the problems are not present, but I'm sure someone else can post pictures of the issue :).

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I understand what you say about eye-head position, but I fail to see why the old way (that allowed us to see all the cockpit) is a problem.

We moved the view forward 5cm like Jojo said the head was technically in the head rest.

Let me see about something cause with the seat fully lowered you can see the top of the VTB frame. Will get back to you on this.

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok got good news

Did a small tweak to VTB's internal screen. very tiny tweak movement more of straightening it up.

Which allowed me to re position the information displayed that can be seen from the new view point.

Only problems is the HUD switch slightly obstructs it.

Here is a screenshot of the of the VTB zoomed in with NO seat adjustments. Will tweak a little more for a better result.

attachment.php?attachmentid=227830&stc=1&d=1581957928

picturemessage_swi43ylo_nbi.thumb.jpg.a2823ce733530b47450b5d21ba569ebc.jpg

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMO that's not the solution, on your last screen, you can see that the PA buttons are partially hidden by the sun visor, that was not a problem before.

As you said the problem is a DCS problem, we have to compromise. The way the view was before did not bring all those problems, maybe the effect in VR is not very good, but that's the way it worked until now, and I don't remember anyone complaining about it.

I just want to have the same view as before, where we could see all the cockpit without moving the seat or lowering the VTB display.

If this is too big of a problem in VR, at least provide a check box in the options for the mirage.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

IMO that's not the solution, on your last screen, you can see that the PA buttons are partially hidden by the sun visor, that was not a problem before.

As you said the problem is a DCS problem, we have to compromise. The way the view was before did not bring all those problems, maybe the effect in VR is not very good, but that's the way it worked until now, and I don't remember anyone complaining about it.

I just want to have the same view as before, where we could see all the cockpit without moving the seat or lowering the VTB display.

If this is too big of a problem in VR, at least provide a check box in the options for the mirage.

First...

I did not move the VTB at all. I am merely aligning the inside display better. The VTB's screen dynamics is 3D and set in.

Second...

The original view is was too far back ie your head was in the seat head rest.

The only other thing I can offer you is a smoke and a pancake.

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I understand and I am trying to fix the issues.

But the view was placed too far back. It is changed and will stay as it is.

I went ahead of fine tuning the VTB internal display screen to keep the ability to see the target info on the top line WITHOUT seat adjustment cause I really want to make you happy. Unfortunately there is nothing else I can do about the view.

attachment.php?attachmentid=227837&stc=1&d=1581961258

attachment.php?attachmentid=227838&stc=1&d=1581961258

picturemessage_lwelr2ky_bj1.thumb.jpg.1a176078a450d3977794ee4946416fa9.jpg

picturemessage_0lun0d53_hfm.thumb.jpg.6fa30452dff5220110bfb14a098b0da6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Tim for the quick workaround on the VTB issue! Cant wait to check it on next update and be able to fly with the new pilot body.

Regarding seat height issue for landing, i will try to provide some screenshot comparison tomorrow between stable and open beta versions if still needed.

Thanks Tim for the quick workaround on the VTB issue! Cant wait to check it on next update and be able to fly with the new pilot body.

Regarding seat height issue for landing, i will try to provide some screenshot comparison tomorrow between stable and open beta versions if still needed.

Yes Please, and Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here you go.

In stable version, seat is not even at max height, i just stopped raising the seat when speed/altitude where aligned on top of the HUD. At max height, they can't be seen anymore.

On Open Beta, seat is at max height. We can notice that probe is not visible (just to mention a visual reference) and speed/altitude are not on top of HUD.

Same configuration of course (2 Magic and about 1300 kgs of Fuel)

Picture at 2Nm:

Stable:

https://ibb.co/TLW6mqx

Open Beta:

https://ibb.co/HrzKc06

Picture at 1Nm:

Stable:

https://ibb.co/dGPrC0V

Open Beta:

https://ibb.co/x28W33m

Picture at 0.5Nm:

Stable:

https://ibb.co/L9Qgy9N

Open Beta:

https://ibb.co/PtMnzqY

Not sure it illustrates correcty issue mentions by myHelljumper, but we can see the change of height between the 2 versions.

Hope it helps

Edited by Steph21

I understand and I am trying to fix the issues.

But the view was placed too far back. It is changed and will stay as it is.

I went ahead of fine tuning the VTB internal display screen to keep the ability to see the target info on the top line WITHOUT seat adjustment cause I really want to make you happy. Unfortunately there is nothing else I can do about the view.

attachment.php?attachmentid=227837&stc=1&d=1581961258

attachment.php?attachmentid=227838&stc=1&d=1581961258

Just have tested the update on new open beta version, and issue is gone with the tweak made :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Tim, i can now fly with the new pilot :pilotfly:

The new Pilot Body is a Blast with VR and makes the really big difference of immersion.

Thank you

@ micsmotionsimulator

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Thanks guys.

I did notice something when I flew a few times and I think from someone else's screenshot that when the light would shine on the glass, The Pilot's shadow was missing a head.

So I added head shadow to the VR Pilot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=229549&stc=1&d=1583700474

933609831_Annotation2020-03-08164535.thumb.jpg.48d986728710dc68fb9e31d215f53b9b.jpg

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only thing I personally don't like are small-scale hands. Would be nice if that could be made so it matches correctly the rest of the otherwise excellent pilot.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 1 year later...

yes we visit the forums, we have other priorities atm so no, no news as of yet

• Thanks 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist