SU-24 MOD Discussion

I will try to describe the current state of the project very briefly.

- My friend - the developer of the 3D model and the mastermind of creating the mod - has left the project.

In this regard, further work on the cockpit model has been stopped.

Only textures and some secondary elements are updated and supplemented.

- The implementation of clickable controls in the cockpit required a complete rejection of the code and animation made earlier.

The amount of code and its complexity has increased significantly, and my Lua skills are limited.

I have to spend a very large amount of time studying someone else's code and implementing my ideas through trial and error.

- Due to the partial use of su-25T avionics, synchronization of commands from input devices (keyboard, axis commands, clickable elements) requires considerable time for code writing and debugging.

At the moment, this takes up all the main time allocated by me for the project.

su-24.gif

Thanks for the update. What has been achieved so far is incredible and shows a very high commitment to make this happen, unfortunately there will always be people asking for a release date without an appreciation of the work involved and the stress added by constant demands.

Unfortunately, this mod is not compatible with aircraft carriers in the current version of the game. I stopped working on it.

Just guessing, this is in relation to A-7, not the Su-24? Su-24 mod was actually the one I could not stop but to drool over, the video was simply amazing.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

The Su-24 mod will be great once done. I don't mind dropping the A-7, we'll be getting a full module A-7E from FlyingIron anyway.

That is cool, Su-24 mod does look amazing. :)

Kind regards,

Mimes

In order to clarify the situation...

We have nothing common with "Alfa Simulation" or any other Dev team, we do not use Eagle Dynamics brand names or logos, we just make our own private Mod. We do not collect donations or ask for any support. We do not plan or announce any ETA date for this Mod, as well as the desire to make it public in this state of development. Thank you for understanding!

Since ED have unbalanced the game making only western supersonic aircraft with huge ground attack capability. Su-24 is really needed in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This video show the low level flight system. Also the Kh-59 missile and TV guiding work. Very impressive missiles for the 80s. Also I am very impressive how this variable sweep wings is still operational in good shape. That tell a lot about the build quality. The Russian added even more capability with the last modernization with a new bombing system that allow use dump bombs with decent accuracy. Such system was tested in Syria.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This video show the low level flight system. Also the Kh-59 missile and TV guiding work. Very impressive missiles for the 80s. Also I am very impressive how this variable sweep wings is still operational in good shape. That tell a lot about the build quality. The Russian added even more capability with the last modernization with a new bombing system that allow use dump bombs with decent accuracy. Such system was tested in Syria.

And that is not just unbelievable accuracy with cold war "dumb" bombs. This campaign was / is a very effective one and a fraction of the cost of the other side's campaign. Old unguided bombs are very cheap in comparison to current laser and other "smart" ammunition.

Edited by Mimes
Removed duplicate of the video link

Kind regards,

Mimes

• 3 weeks later...
I will try to describe the current state of the project very briefly.

- My friend - the developer of the 3D model and the mastermind of creating the mod - has left the project.

In this regard, further work on the cockpit model has been stopped.

Only textures and some secondary elements are updated and supplemented.

- The implementation of clickable controls in the cockpit required a complete rejection of the code and animation made earlier.

The amount of code and its complexity has increased significantly, and my Lua skills are limited.

I have to spend a very large amount of time studying someone else's code and implementing my ideas through trial and error.

- Due to the partial use of su-25T avionics, synchronization of commands from input devices (keyboard, axis commands, clickable elements) requires considerable time for code writing and debugging.

At the moment, this takes up all the main time allocated by me for the project.

Dear Morkva 55, firstly good luck to you for just life apart from this, and also wishing you at the same time for your outstanding efforts and enthusiasm for creating mods like these. Its clear we all want these mods but we are not really thinking about what goes behind all this hard work. Hope it fulfill what you need, wish you time, luck and abundance my friend.

:thumbup:

Thanks again!

Dav-Pak-BlackSpider

• 2 weeks later...