Сollective pitch control lever

K-51

I need to know if they are available still or did I get one and we need to talk shipping and funds. Can you please let me know if I’m playing for one or not.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I need to know if they are available still or did I get one and we need to talk shipping and funds. Can you please let me know if I’m playing for one or not.

No ready. Spare parts in production.

Now I can’t tell the production date.

If you have a strong desire to have such a device, I leave a reserve for you.

First Impressions/Review

Hello all. I write to provide some first impressions of Mikhail's collective which I received here in small town Texas, USA yesterday. For those who don't want to read the details of my verbose post, I'll say---it is very, very nice, solidly made, and truly a great value (high quality for reasonable pricing), even shipped across continents.

When Mikhail posted initial previews of the collective, I was intrigued and followed this thread. When he posted the final result, I wanted---and wrote for a price shipped to the US. It was quite reasonable for such a unique device, especially in comparison to the astronomical cost of similar controllers for the niche within a niche helicopter controller market. Mikhail shipped on Jan 27, I received yesterday, Feb 7. It still amazes me that 11 days can be all it takes to get a box from Russia to small town Texas USA. We are spoiled humans.

To give some context to the comparitive basis for my experience with this controller, I currently have a VKB Gunfighter MKI with extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek x-55 throttle, and a couple of DSD button boxes. For sim racing, I use Heusinkveld Pro pedals and a Simucube/Mige DD wheel. All of these I got second-hand cause I like nice things as cheaply as possible. I suspect I'm not alone in often enjoying tinkering with the toys as much or more than getting repeatedly shot down in the virtual sky or getting lapped on the track.

The collective arrived tightly packed in foam and copious amounts of bubble wrap with no sign of shipment dings or damage. It was assembled, and included a USB cable. I wanted to play with it, so I quickly used a c-clamp and scrap of wood to attach beside my seat, and plugged it in. Fired right up, three axis and the buttons.

The controller base is a metal box and an adaptable bracked that can be slid, flipped and adjusted several ways by simply removing/loosening two nuts from bolts set in the base. The shaft is heavy-gauge metal. The throttle twist, button box, and third axis knob are 3d printed parts. The throttle part and axis knob are thick gauge, and though it is clear they are 3d printed parts, they are well finished with enough texture remaining to provide tactile feel and grip. The button box has two 3d printed hat and two press buttons, two two-way toggle switches (which unlike my DSD boxes, actually trigger two distinct button calls), a capped three-way toggle (2 buttons and a neutral center) and one red push button. All the switchwork under the surface feels high quality (on par with my VKB MCG Pro grip).

The axis motion is my favorite part. The collective motion is smooth with significant resistance. I have yet to fiddle with the tension adjustment. Movement requires purpose but is effortless. It will not slip under its own weight. The twist grip has strong resistance. Frankly, I'm intrigued by how it can be that tight and remain smooth. Even the axis knob has notable resistance that keeps it smooth and resists free wheeling. There is absolutly zero wobble on any of the parts. It looks like to me it would be a real challenge to get that throttle twist to fit that well and still function smoothly. I tip my hat.

As Mikhail has explained in this thread, the collective uses Virpil electronics. Worked fine, plug and play. Being a tinkerer, I just had to download Virpil software and see what I could screw up. Well, within an hour of opening the box, I screwed it up. The Virpil software prompted to update firmware (new within last three days). Without exporting the profile for the collective, I clicked the "Sure--why the hell would I ever leave well enough alone" button. Mistake. There is no built-in profile for a third-party device, so I ended up with a one-axis, no button VPC device. Pissed at myself, I wrote Mikhail (I think it was 3:30 a.m. in Russia). Before I went to bed, I'm guessing 8 a.m. in Russia time, 11:00 p.m. or so here, I received a nice note back from Mikhail with a Virpil profile and some guidance on not only how to fix the problem, but how to set up the collective in DCS. I didn't expect a solution to my self-induced problem that quickly---but I'll take it. He was even faster to respond AFTER he had my money than before. Count me grateful and impressed.

Controlling a UH-1H in DCS in just an hour of play is already a transformed experience. With an x-55 throttle as a collective, it was frustratingly hard. Now, it is natural. Not easy---but natural.

This device is a bargain. Not cheap, but for the quality of the craftsmanship and function, and acknowledging the niche within a niche within a niche market for this, it is a bargain in the price-to-quality-to-functionality analysis. Looking at other options on the market---the pricing is eye-popping. Maybe, maybe the other options are a tiny bit prettier, or a direct replica, but I seriously doubt they could be better built or more functional. Candidly---I find the no-frills build of this thing rather aesthetically pleasing.

I hope Mikhail can make a bunch of these and make a ton of money. It is a terrific product.

Edited by manashttu

Intel 8700K, delidded at 5.1 ghz, Asrock z370 Extreme4, 32gb DDR4 3200, MSI Ventus RTX 3080, triple 1440p Dell s2716dg screens, VKB Gunfighter Mk.I, Virpil M50-CM2 throttle, MFG Crosswind pedals.

Hello all. I write to provide some first impressions of Mikhail's collective which I received here in small town Texas, USA yesterday. For those who don't want to read the details of my verbose post, I'll say---it is very, very nice, solidly made, and truly a great value (high quality for reasonable pricing), even shipped across continents.

When Mikhail posted initial previews of the collective, I was intrigued and followed this thread. When he posted the final result, I wanted---and wrote for a price shipped to the US. It was quite reasonable for such a unique device, especially in comparison to the astronomical cost of similar controllers for the niche within a niche helicopter controller market. Mikhail shipped on Jan 27, I received yesterday, Feb 7. It still amazes me that 11 days can be all it takes to get a box from Russia to small town Texas USA. We are spoiled humans.

To give some context to the comparitive basis for my experience with this controller, I currently have a VKB Gunfighter MKI with extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek x-55 throttle, and a couple of DSD button boxes. For sim racing, I use Heusinkveld Pro pedals and a Simucube/Mige DD wheel. All of these I got second-hand cause I like nice things as cheaply as possible. I suspect I'm not alone in often enjoying tinkering with the toys as much or more than getting repeatedly shot down in the virtual sky or getting lapped on the track.

The collective arrived tightly packed in foam and copious amounts of bubble wrap with no sign of shipment dings or damage. It was assembled, and included a USB cable. I wanted to play with it, so I quickly used a c-clamp and scrap of wood to attach beside my seat, and plugged it in. Fired right up, three axis and the buttons.

The controller base is a metal box and an adaptable bracked that can be slid, flipped and adjusted several ways by simply removing/loosening two nuts from bolts set in the base. The shaft is heavy-gauge metal. The throttle twist, button box, and third axis knob are 3d printed parts. The throttle part and axis knob are thick gauge, and though it is clear they are 3d printed parts, they are well finished with enough texture remaining to provide tactile feel and grip. The button box has two 3d printed hat and two press buttons, two two-way toggle switches (which unlike my DSD boxes, actually trigger two distinct button calls), a capped three-way toggle (2 buttons and a neutral center) and one red push button. All the switchwork under the surface feels high quality (on par with my VKB MCG Pro grip).

The axis motion is my favorite part. The collective motion is smooth with significant resistance. I have yet to fiddle with the tension adjustment. Movement requires purpose but is effortless. It will not slip under its own weight. The twist grip has strong resistance. Frankly, I'm intrigued by how it can be that tight and remain smooth. Even the axis knob has notable resistance that keeps it smooth and resists free wheeling. There is absolutly zero wobble on any of the parts. It looks like to me it would be a real challenge to get that throttle twist to fit that well and still function smoothly. I tip my hat.

As Mikhail has explained in this thread, the collective uses Virpil electronics. Worked fine, plug and play. Being a tinkerer, I just had to download Virpil software and see what I could screw up. Well, within an hour of opening the box, I screwed it up. The Virpil software prompted to update firmware (new within last three days). Without exporting the profile for the collective, I clicked the "Sure--why the hell would I ever leave well enough alone" button. Mistake. There is no built-in profile for a third-party device, so I ended up with a one-axis, no button VPC device. Pissed at myself, I wrote Mikhail (I think it was 3:30 a.m. in Russia). Before I went to bed, I'm guessing 8 a.m. in Russia time, 11:00 p.m. or so here, I received a nice note back from Mikhail with a Virpil profile and some guidance on not only how to fix the problem, but how to set up the collective in DCS. I didn't expect a solution to my self-induced problem that quickly---but I'll take it. He was even faster to respond AFTER he had my money than before. Count me grateful and impressed.

Controlling a UH-1H in DCS in just an hour of play is already a transformed experience. With an x-55 throttle as a collective, it was frustratingly hard. Now, it is natural. Not easy---but natural.

This device is a bargain. Not cheap, but for the quality of the craftsmanship and function, and acknowledging the niche within a niche within a niche market for this, it is a bargain in the price-to-quality-to-functionality analysis. Looking at other options on the market---the pricing is eye-popping. Maybe, maybe the other options are a tiny bit prettier, or a direct replica, but I seriously doubt they could be better built or more functional. Candidly---I find the no-frills build of this thing rather aesthetically pleasing.

I hope Mikhail can make a bunch of these and make a ton of money. It is a terrific product.

To second this.. I received mine very quickly. Finally got around to installing it last night. Amazing product! Highly recommend.

Bond do a unpacking video and give us you thoughts on it.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hi K-51, looking good bro.

I'm just going to say if it works half as well as my build (and I expect it will or even be better :thumbup:) it will make an amazing difference to your flying but especially your hovering and pickup and set down. Just the visceral input and the finer control will improve your flying.

If your a rotor head something like this has gotta be on your to get list.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

It’s already unpacked unfortunately... But it is installed on my rig... I can try and do a little vid for ya, but I’m heading out to Dallas for a month to do some real flight training lol. If I get time in the next few days I’ll try for ya. Sorry

Hi K-51, looking good bro.

I'm just going to say if it works half as well as my build (and I expect it will or even be better :thumbup:) it will make an amazing difference to your flying but especially your hovering and pickup and set down. Just the visceral input and the finer control will improve your flying.

If your a rotor head something like this has gotta be on your to get list.

Hi thanks

I will record a short video about flying to Huey.

I think it will be seen how accurately and distinctly it is possible to take off, hover and land. People who switched to my device in Russia say that for them these elements are no longer complicated.

When I prepare the devices for shipment, I will take a photo of the box.

I can’t say the exact date, since my work now takes up almost all my time. Creating different devices for me is a hobby.

Edited by K-51

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mikhail

Would be interested in one as well (on the Huey look a like even more). Please let me know when there‘s one available for me. Thank you very much in advance!

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb