Сollective pitch control lever

K-51

7 часов назад, JamieFLUK сказал:

Thanks Mikhail, sounds great! Please add me to your list to be shipped to Canada! Thank yiu

Added.
Thanks.

9 часов назад, Delta302 сказал:

Hello, K51!!

Please add me to the list for your collective - to be shipped to the US. I'm assuming the same delivery estimation of ~ three months, though I think I've overlooked current pricing. Also curious if you intend to offer a "some assembly required" kit for a reduced cost at all.

Cheers!

Hi Delta302,

Added,Thanks.

220 $ + 65 $ shipping to the USA.

I have no plans to make build kits. The assembly process is quite complex and time consuming.

I have also received my collective and I have to say I am super impressed. This is worth every dollar, pound, euro or goat spent, and very worth the wait. I have used just about every controller out there, and currently have 2 cockpits, (one fix wing, one rotary) in my sim room with a mix of Virpil, Winwing, MFG, Thustmaster and TeKCreation parts and controllers. I believe Mikhail's build quality is equal to any of those top brands. If you are on the fence or  are worried about cost and shipping time, don't be. You are getting a top quality collective at a great price.  

DISCLAIMER: I am not actually sure if he accepts goats as a form of currency for this collective.

Edited by forgeknight
  • Like 3

Greetings gentlemen pilots. This message is not specific to the collective, but it might be helpful to someone.
I am flying VR Pimax Artisan. 

I have poor eyesight, age. Wearing glasses under a helmet is very uncomfortable. I have designed inserts. SLT models in zip.

The lower part of the insert is glued with 0.5-1 mm double-sided tape to the helmet lens.
The top is attached with magnets. (diameter 3 mm. height 2 mm -12 pcs.)

To make lenses in a workshop, you need a template. It is specially designed for use on a lens cutter. Lens blank with a diameter of 65 mm or more.

Use to make PD 64 lenses. Lenses come with PD helmet adjuster.

27732976a3d4.jpg

028061c39968.jpg

Скрытый текст

4e831f9d9249.jpg

c30035e03187.jpg

45c1fdffec58.jpg

2ff7aedc9cfc.jpg

Вставки для линз Pimax.rar

• Like 2

17 часов назад, Mverick1971 сказал:

could you add me to the list please all ready  

send a PM

regard John (from Holland)

10 часов назад, Solid Shot сказал:

Hi, 

Please add me to the list. I'm from the Netherlands. 

Kind regards

Hi,

Added.
Thanks.

Hello everyone. I had the chance tonight to fly for the first time with my new K-51 Collective. 
It is built even better than I expected. I simply cannot say enough good things about the quality of the unit itself. This is an amazing piece of kit and I am extremely impressed. The function is flawless and I really did not know what I was missing in flying helicopters without this before. The difference is night and day. The thumb wheel is perfect for controlling the zoom setting. Ultra smooth operation. This was easily the best purchase I have ever made for flight simulators so far. K-51, my hat is off to you and I will give this the highest recommendation to anyone that will listen to me!

• Like 1

14 часов назад, Maverick24 сказал:

Hello,

I would like to be added to the list. I am from Czech Republic.

Thank you very much

Jiri

5 часов назад, samfelic сказал:

Hi, 

Please add me to the list. I'm from the USA, NYC 

Kind regards

SamFelic

Hi,

Added.
Thanks.

I ask you to be patient, there are a lot of people, but I only have two hands))).

Mikhail, I would like to propose a slight upgrade to thumb wheel. I use thumb wheel as Voice attack listen trigger, so I use it quite a lot. 

Part that goes onto a pot shaft is quite shallow, so I got slight wobbliness and it started falling off. Fix was just a duct tape on pot's shaft and press it back on, but better fix would be just to make that part a bit deeper. That way, there will be more surface contact for even better grip.

1 час назад, admiki сказал:

Mikhail, I would like to propose a slight upgrade to thumb wheel. I use thumb wheel as Voice attack listen trigger, so I use it quite a lot. 

Part that goes onto a pot shaft is quite shallow, so I got slight wobbliness and it started falling off. Fix was just a duct tape on pot's shaft and press it back on, but better fix would be just to make that part a bit deeper. That way, there will be more surface contact for even better grip.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

55 минут назад, Doc Savage сказал:

Can i ask what the waiting time is on these collectives?

Sorry, but now the waiting time is increasing and is more than 2 months.
Delivery time varies from 2 weeks to 1.5-2 months depending on the country.

I have the K51

Scoop, could you elaborate little on this ? We really like quick reviews :slight_smile:

While Virpils offering is much better looking, this one looks like more modest option.

125627_2.png
ScoopMudspike Mug Holder
1h

282_2.png NEVO:

Scoop, could you elaborate little on this ? We really like quick reviews

Surely.

It is solidly made. Metal primarily. Some 3d printing but well done.
Three PTT buttons, Two four way hats. Two 2 position switches. One three position switch and a rotary dial

The bottom is open so by turning it upside down the electronics can be seen (repair access, but the side can also be removed for this?)

My brother is an electronics designer all his life in Telecoms primarily. He says the electrics are well put together - they are VIRPIL products.
It requires VIRPIL software which is free. A link and instructions are provided. Once the download was made it was plug and play by usb. Cable provided

No curves or settings of any sort required.

It comes with a mounting plate.

This can be installed by removing the left arm rest and using the chairs bolts/holes for the mounting plate The collective is then attached to the mounting plate. It worked well on my old office chair… alternatively the plate can be screwed into the underside of the chair. (see first photo above)
NB keep the bolts on the collective loose at first. The K51 allows the collective unit to slide backwards and forwards to adjust its position. I have the base plate near the back of the armrest. The collective can then be moved further back and then tighten the bolts (first photo)

Because my chair was very uncomfortable I bought an Ikea Markus chair for DCS use. The arm rest bolts are too wide to fit in the slots of the mounting plate. It would need a good drill bit to make the mounting plate fit. I got around the problem quickly (2 minutes to fit) by simply attaching the plate to the arm rest using cable ties. The ties need to be positioned well but it is quick, cheap and simple to do. It gives a good stable base for the collective and requires no skill to fit. The armrest remains in place.

Flying helicopters with it is dramatically easier-

With the friction set fully lose, the collective remains where you placed it if you let go. I fly with the friction tightened slightly to give me more tactile feedback. A personal choice.

Instead of a twist throttle there is a large rotary dial (fore and aft) on the right of the collective. I use this as a throttle to enable me to fly autorotation’s. It is very satisfying to wind back the throttle, plummet under control to the ground and flare. Then opening up the throttle and the helicopter takes off again. For my pre K51 autorotation’s it was a question of did I survive the impact or did I just destroy the Huey.

Accuracy in the hover is more than satisfactory. It is a reflection less of the K51 but more a question of how good the pilot is. I cannot blame the K51for my failings.

I fly the Huey so there is not much need for lots of buttons. However I keep my X56 throttle on the left of the chair. Even in VR I can use it as a button box so all the functions I could wish for can be bound.

Purchasing. I would do so again. It proved a simple process with delivery faster than I was advised at first and I was kept well informed. You begin by going on the ED forums and requesting being placed on the waiting list for one. You are advised by Mikhail how long this is likely to be. Next you receive an email asking if you still want one and you pay a deposit. Followed by the full payment.
Сollective pitch control lever - Page 16 - For Sale - ED Forums

Storage. It can be removed from the chair by two bolts. I find the chair remains usable with the K51 fitted. I like to ‘park’ the collective in the upright position (full power) to avoid knocks when getting in or out. CAUTION. Remember to lower the collective before you go into a helicopter with the engine already running!

Packaging was tasteful and very well done. Apart from mounting, it is fully assembled

I would buy another. I don’t think I will though as it is so well built it will outlive me. I would allow soldiers or @Victork2 's son to use it and have no fear for breakages

Cost UK £183 plus £44 postage. No tax asked for by customs.

NB I have not been paid in any way for this review.

• Thanks 1