Сollective pitch control lever

K-51

27 минут назад, Maverick24 сказал:

Thank you for a video. Not that is much important, but still - is there any chance to get similar looking grip as in real Mi-8? Just asking 🙂

You mean a copy of the Mi-8 pen? While maintaining the throttle mechanism, this is difficult to do.

On 5/21/2021 at 2:21 AM, Gumbie said:

Got mine not going to be using it due to unforeseen things but if anyone's looking for one inside the US I got one Never used and just received like this past week send me a PM well let it go for same price paid.     

K 51  makes a assume collective for the price cant get a better one that I can find for quality made out of metal.  Would be keeping it if I had the option here but right now its just not in cards so if anyone interested just shoot me a PM.   Hope you dont mind K-51 again love the product just cant use it now due my new setup I have the F 18 WinWing Set and just dont have the room to mount the collective anywhere with out having disconnect the throttle each time to just use it.

you can use it with WinWing and just use a USB hub with on of switch to power on or off for use added picktures where to place them 

435f5db9-50e1-49a4-93f3-6d85bf640ab3.jpg

45aef9a5-d77c-4325-94fd-e4ef317c158c.jpg

a22f75ec-80d8-4064-9757-48ecf8df8894.jpg

Edited by Mverick1971

On 5/16/2021 at 3:26 PM, dh82a said:

I have the K51

Scoop, could you elaborate little on this ? We really like quick reviews :slight_smile:

While Virpils offering is much better looking, this one looks like more modest option.

125627_2.png
ScoopMudspike Mug Holder
1h

282_2.png NEVO:

Scoop, could you elaborate little on this ? We really like quick reviews

Surely.

It is solidly made. Metal primarily. Some 3d printing but well done.
Three PTT buttons, Two four way hats. Two 2 position switches. One three position switch and a rotary dial

The bottom is open so by turning it upside down the electronics can be seen (repair access, but the side can also be removed for this?)

My brother is an electronics designer all his life in Telecoms primarily. He says the electrics are well put together - they are VIRPIL products.
It requires VIRPIL software which is free. A link and instructions are provided. Once the download was made it was plug and play by usb. Cable provided

No curves or settings of any sort required.

It comes with a mounting plate.

This can be installed by removing the left arm rest and using the chairs bolts/holes for the mounting plate The collective is then attached to the mounting plate. It worked well on my old office chair… alternatively the plate can be screwed into the underside of the chair. (see first photo above)
NB keep the bolts on the collective loose at first. The K51 allows the collective unit to slide backwards and forwards to adjust its position. I have the base plate near the back of the armrest. The collective can then be moved further back and then tighten the bolts (first photo)

Because my chair was very uncomfortable I bought an Ikea Markus chair for DCS use. The arm rest bolts are too wide to fit in the slots of the mounting plate. It would need a good drill bit to make the mounting plate fit. I got around the problem quickly (2 minutes to fit) by simply attaching the plate to the arm rest using cable ties. The ties need to be positioned well but it is quick, cheap and simple to do. It gives a good stable base for the collective and requires no skill to fit. The armrest remains in place.

Flying helicopters with it is dramatically easier-

With the friction set fully lose, the collective remains where you placed it if you let go. I fly with the friction tightened slightly to give me more tactile feedback. A personal choice.

Instead of a twist throttle there is a large rotary dial (fore and aft) on the right of the collective. I use this as a throttle to enable me to fly autorotation’s. It is very satisfying to wind back the throttle, plummet under control to the ground and flare. Then opening up the throttle and the helicopter takes off again. For my pre K51 autorotation’s it was a question of did I survive the impact or did I just destroy the Huey.

Accuracy in the hover is more than satisfactory. It is a reflection less of the K51 but more a question of how good the pilot is. I cannot blame the K51for my failings.

I fly the Huey so there is not much need for lots of buttons. However I keep my X56 throttle on the left of the chair. Even in VR I can use it as a button box so all the functions I could wish for can be bound.

Purchasing. I would do so again. It proved a simple process with delivery faster than I was advised at first and I was kept well informed. You begin by going on the ED forums and requesting being placed on the waiting list for one. You are advised by Mikhail how long this is likely to be. Next you receive an email asking if you still want one and you pay a deposit. Followed by the full payment.
Сollective pitch control lever - Page 16 - For Sale - ED Forums

Storage. It can be removed from the chair by two bolts. I find the chair remains usable with the K51 fitted. I like to ‘park’ the collective in the upright position (full power) to avoid knocks when getting in or out. CAUTION. Remember to lower the collective before you go into a helicopter with the engine already running!

Packaging was tasteful and very well done. Apart from mounting, it is fully assembled

I would buy another. I don’t think I will though as it is so well built it will outlive me. I would allow soldiers or @Victork2 's son to use it and have no fear for breakages

Cost UK £183 plus £44 postage. No tax asked for by customs.

NB I have not been paid in any way for this review.

Mikhail, I think he is reffering to a photo in this post. First photo, the grip is same as in your first post, same as mine. But, if you scroll down, there is a photo of mounted collective with different looking grip

11 часов назад, Mverick1971 сказал:

you can use it with WinWing and just use a USB hub with on of switch to power on or off for use added picktures where to place them 

45aef9a5-d77c-4325-94fd-e4ef317c158c.jpg

708c331129ed.jpg

Here is the approximate correct location for the device.

I even recommend using a powered hub USB.

18 hours ago, K-51 said:

You mean a copy of the Mi-8 pen? While maintaining the throttle mechanism, this is difficult to do.

Now I am afraid I did not understand well :). Never mind. Today throttle grip look this way:

image.png

And I am asking for this look (more similar to grip on Mi-8:

image.png

Thank you 🙂

Jiri

18 часов назад, Maverick24 сказал:

And I am asking for this look (more similar to grip on Mi-8:

image.png

Thank you 🙂

Jiri

Helli JiriI,

I found one such pen. I will check if they work correctly.

Hi Mikhail and everyone else!

Today i received my collective which took only 12 days to arrive, it's really really lovely built quality for that amount of money. It's heavy and sturdy and smooth to operate. The parcel went through customs free of charge and arrived straight at my door. Really solid packaging so it will not get damaged if the deliveryman tosses it around. A wonderful product for a really cheap price. Honestly this thing looks like it will work the next 20 years easily.

I didn't have the time nor space right now to test it, since i am recovering from an accident at work where i fractured my left thigh near the hip. As soon as i am agile enough to setup my flightstand and mount the collective i will comeback with a little review on it.

Mikhail thanks again you really do an outstanding job with this piece of hardware.

IMG20210529113548.jpg

IMG20210529114151.jpg

• Like 3

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

On 5/27/2021 at 9:24 AM, K-51 said:

708c331129ed.jpg

Here is the approximate correct location for the device.

I even recommend using a powered hub USB.

Tnx for the placement

It was my intension to extend the bottem plate ( mount ) to the right size when it arrives i can fit it accordingly ( by the way k-51 do you have an ETA on my order ) i know you got only two hands but just asking ????

On 5/27/2021 at 1:40 AM, admiki said:

Mikhail, I think he is reffering to a photo in this post.

Hi Mikki and @K-51.  Is there a problem?  I have not seen Michaels comment.  I thought it was an entirely positive review on the collective.

4 часа назад, dh82a сказал:

Hi Mikki and @K-51.  Is there a problem?  I have not seen Michaels comment.  I thought it was an entirely positive review on the collective.

No problem.
For a long time we could not understand each other))))
And it was just about the shape of the handle))))

14 часов назад, Mverick1971 сказал:

Tnx for the placement

It was my intension to extend the bottem plate ( mount ) to the right size when it arrives i can fit it accordingly ( by the way k-51 do you have an ETA on my order ) i know you got only two hands but just asking ????

No, only approximately. 2 months from the date of application.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, K-51 said:

No problem.
For a long time we could not understand each other))))
And it was just about the shape of the handle))))

No, only approximately. 2 months from the date of application.

nice for my it approximately 4 weeks , cant wait to install and use it 

Mine just arrived and as you can see, it is gorgeous. The finishing of the 3D-printed parts look even better in RL than I expected. First I did not realise the pen was printed too, thought it was injected.

I plugged it in and ran a quick test. All the switch positions, even the middle one in the three-way switch, do register in windows. This is going to be very easy to use in any sim. Everything is working as expected. There is nothing to install, just plug it in.

I ordered on March 14 so it took 10 weeks to manufacture and ship to Finland.

collective_04.jpg

Edited by LeLv30_Superbus
  • Like 3

t

8 hours ago, LeLv30_Superbus said:

I ordered on March 14 so it took 10 weeks to manufacture and ship to Finland.

Nice, I ordered on March 15th so I'll be getting a notification any day now hopefully.

• Like 1

19 часов назад, Cptn Obvious сказал:

That looks really nice. Does anyone know what printer he uses?

You probably won't believe me, but this is a simple Chinese Anet A8

The main thing here is to choose the correct printing mode and regularly do preventive maintenance of the printer.

• Like 4

12 часов назад, Furlow сказал:

t

Nice, I ordered on March 15th so I'll be getting a notification any day now hopefully.

You're first on the list. I'm sorry about the delay.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 2

While you wait, you have time to think of a mounting solution. Here is mine.

1) Start with 4 pieces of one by four wood:

Spoiler

mount_01.jpg

2) This support is 31 cm tall with 30 degree slopes. Height is perfect for me, but 25 degrees would have been a better angle for the MDF plate under it:

Spoiler

mount_02.jpg

3) Buy four M6 40mm bolts (top) and four M8 60mm bolts (bottom):

Spoiler

mount_03.jpg

4) Thread an IKEA chair in its place (not difficult). The support is under the chair:

Spoiler

mount_04.jpg

5) The mounting plate is at 31 cm height. The position can be adjusted ~15 cm to all directions with screws. The length of your back and left hand is what matters. For reference I'm 180 cm tall and I guess I have typical body proportions.

Spoiler

mount_05.jpg

6) I tested the movement limits. The stick cannot be deflected fully to the left when the collective is floored but that's to be expected with a GF Mk II with 20 cm extension - and a thick left thigh. If I use about 25% collective, full deflection to the left is possible again. Has anyone checked if it is possible in a, say, real Huey?

Spoiler

mount_06.jpg

MDF sheet is 15 x 550 x 900 mm and stands on 11 small rubber feet (I think they're sold as door stops).

• Like 4

Great job !!!!

Let me give you a little advice.
I would put it a little lower.
So in the lower position, the fingers almost grabbed the handle, and the thumb could lie on the chair, as in the photo.

8712f78bcdc8.jpg

This works on all types of helicopters.
I didn’t come up with this, I was sent a photo of several pilots who fly on MI-8 and Eurocoptor.
Why is that?

When you start to lift the helicopter, the handle will go up 15-20 degrees.This is when loading above average.
When hovering outside the air cushion, you will still need to raise the handle.
At cruising speed, the stick will drop to 10 degrees.

In this position, your arm will feel comfortable and relaxed enough. But at the same time, she will always be ready to raise the handle to the maximum without experiencing inconvenience when bending the elbow.

• Like 4

Thank you Mikhail, I will heed your advice. When I took the photo the controller was adjusted to its highest position.

And Samfelic, please stay tuned: I just took measurements of my cyclic stand and will now draw a little picture for you.

cyclic_stand_01.png

Part 1: 320 x 80 x 65 (column)

Part 2:  40 x 95 x 125 (slab/handle on top of the column)

Part 3: 135 x 40 x 200 with sides at 45° angle

Part 4: 12 x 80 x 80 (for mounting the blackbox and hiding cables)

There's a 25 mm hole (seen in picture 2) in the MDF sheet for routing all cables out of sight. The sheet stands on 11 small rubber feet. The column has another hole in it for joystick's cable management. I'm thinking of drilling a new hole for the collective controller's cable.

• Like 1