Сollective pitch control lever

K-51

13 часов назад, EliasSchanz сказал:

Hello there! I hope all is going well despite recent events.

I am well aware you are unable to accept payment nor ship out product but I have been interested in one of your collectives for a while now. If possible, I’d like to throw my name on the list for whenever you may be able to resume normal operations. I am in Canada, for reference.

I look forward to a PM, hopefully in the near future! If you need my email, feel free to ask and I’d be happy to provide.

Thanks!

Thank you.
I wrote down your wish. Hope to do it when all is well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! I hope this reply finds you in good health despite everything going on.

I would like to add my name to the order list for a collective! I am prepared to provide you with any information you might need, and am prepared for a longer than usual wait time (from what I have seen and read, the wait will be very worth it!)

Thank you and I hope to be hearing from you soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Have been super happy with the collective and having a great time in the apache.

One problem I have found is with the Dial axis on the right hand side of the head unit.

I have it setup for the FLIR brightness and it appears the dial has a built in curve, it move really fast on the boundaries and slow in the centre. Can be hard to get fine adjustment to the control. I have flashed the latest profile and in the configurator it looks like there are no curve but it definately is not linear. The throttle works perfect linear so I'm confused why the dial has this issue.

cheers

11.05.2022 в 17:59, L00ney сказал:

Hey there! I hope this reply finds you in good health despite everything going on.

I would like to add my name to the order list for a collective! I am prepared to provide you with any information you might need, and am prepared for a longer than usual wait time (from what I have seen and read, the wait will be very worth it!)

Thank you and I hope to be hearing from you soon!

I accepted your wish. Thank you.
But right now, I can't make any promises.
When I have verified information, I will let you know.

27.05.2022 в 00:30, spikenet сказал:

Hi

Have been super happy with the collective and having a great time in the apache.

One problem I have found is with the Dial axis on the right hand side of the head unit.

I have it setup for the FLIR brightness and it appears the dial has a built in curve, it move really fast on the boundaries and slow in the centre. Can be hard to get fine adjustment to the control. I have flashed the latest profile and in the configurator it looks like there are no curve but it definately is not linear. The throttle works perfect linear so I'm confused why the dial has this issue.

cheers

Very strange.
The variable resistor is installed with a linear function, judging by the marking B.
I'll check for myself.
Write the exact name of the axis.
As a recommendation, calibrate this axis.

18 hours ago, K-51 said:

Very strange.
The variable resistor is installed with a linear function, judging by the marking B.
I'll check for myself.
Write the exact name of the axis.
As a recommendation, calibrate this axis.

Video of the reading https://imgur.com/a/UF5YbwO , I tried to move the dial smoothly and you can see it jumps down from 100-50 fast then sites in the middle and jumps down at the end, same as the map from the test logger.

I have tried everything including multiple calibrate, different profiles etc.

Also having some problems with button #2 on the 4 way hat (right) not always working so not sure what is going on inside with it.

image.png

image.png

Edited by spikenet

9 часов назад, spikenet сказал:

Video of the reading https://imgur.com/a/UF5YbwO , I tried to move the dial smoothly and you can see it jumps down from 100-50 fast then sites in the middle and jumps down at the end, same as the map from the test logger.

I have tried everything including multiple calibrate, different profiles etc.

Also having some problems with button #2 on the 4 way hat (right) not always working so not sure what is going on inside with it.

Unfortunately, sending mail from Russia to your country is suspended. I would send you another pen. We will solve problems with what we have. This behavior of the axis is not correct, and as I understand it happened recently. 

First, let's try to solve it programmatically. Reinstall the controller firmware or install the latest version. description of the procedure and profiles are on the first page of the topic.        If this does not help, then something has happened to the contacts or the resistor itself and requires opening the panel.
In this case, you need to check the contacts are intact or change the resistor.
The button is similar, you need a physical check of the contacts (1). It is possible that there you need to slightly loosen the screw that holds the hat of the hut (2).

image.jpeg

It's better to open

image.jpeg

Edited by K-51

11 hours ago, K-51 said:

Unfortunately, sending mail from Russia to your country is suspended. I would send you another pen. We will solve problems with what we have. This behavior of the axis is not correct, and as I understand it happened recently. 

First, let's try to solve it programmatically. Reinstall the controller firmware or install the latest version. description of the procedure and profiles are on the first page of the topic.        If this does not help, then something has happened to the contacts or the resistor itself and requires opening the panel.
In this case, you need to check the contacts are intact or change the resistor.
The button is similar, you need a physical check of the contacts (1). It is possible that there you need to slightly loosen the screw that holds the hat of the hut (2).

image.jpeg

It's better to open

image.jpeg

I have installed latest profile and firmware I believe. I'm more interested to fix the dial so it is linear. The button I can live without but will open it up and do ask you suggest.

image.png

Edited by spikenet

6 часов назад, jnr4817 сказал:

I’ve had this issue also. What solved it was using the windows game controller settings and resetting the collective. Do not calibrate, only reset the device. 

This is also an option. Remove the device using Windows, and reconnect the USB so that the device is detected again.

10 часов назад, spikenet сказал:

I have installed latest profile and firmware I believe. I'm more interested to fix the dial so it is linear. The button I can live without but will open it up and do ask you suggest.

image.png

Yes, everything is correct, you need to reinstall the controller firmware, it is unnecessary to download and install the program.

17 hours ago, K-51 said:

Yes, everything is correct, you need to reinstall the controller firmware

reinstalled again and still same problem. D = dial C = collective T = throttle

Can see C + T are linear and D is not.

image.png

Hello K-51! I'm still massively enjoying my collective, one of the best purchases I've ever done, and also a completely different user experience from what me and my friends (some of whom have also bought your collective) have had with small boutique made gear. By which I mean: This thing has worked perfectly reliably, hehe. 😃 

But as is normal, "appetite increases as you eat" (a saying in my country, not sure how common it is elsewhere), and I find myself wanting to add functionality to the unit. For ease of working I've settled upon making all new controls via a second USB device, so as to leave your electronics untouched, and replacing rather than modifying your panels.

This brings me to a request: Would it be possible for you to share the correct dimensions for the screw spacings etc., so that making replacement panels would be a bit easier?

Edited by jubuttib

3 часа назад, spikenet сказал:

reinstalled again and still same problem. D = dial C = collective T = throttle

Can see C + T are linear and D is not.

Apparently, you will have to change the variable resistance. 

16K1-B50K, L15KC, 50 кОм

image.jpeg

null

• Thanks 1

2 часа назад, jubuttib сказал:

Hello K-51! I'm still massively enjoying my collective, one of the best purchases I've ever done, and also a completely different user experience from what me and my friends (some of whom have also bought your collective) have had with small boutique made gear. By which I mean: This thing has worked perfectly reliably, hehe. 😃 

But as is normal, "appetite increases as you eat" (a saying in my country, not sure how common it is elsewhere), and I find myself wanting to add functionality to the unit. For ease of working I've settled upon making all new controls via a second USB device, so as to leave your electronics untouched, and replacing rather than modifying your panels.

This brings me to a request: Would it be possible for you to share the correct dimensions for the screw spacings etc., so that making replacement panels would be a bit easier?

Yes, we have such a saying.)))
No problem with sizes, I will provide you with what you need. It's not a secret.
But before you plan to change the panel, remove the one that is worth it. Make sure that our desires can be realized. Write or send photos to PM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-51 said:

But before you plan to change the panel, remove the one that is worth it. Make sure that our desires can be realized. Write or send photos to PM

Not entirely sure what you mean by this? Do you want to see the innards of the collective head to deduce the specific version or something?

6 часов назад, jubuttib сказал:

Not entirely sure what you mean by this? Do you want to see the innards of the collective head to deduce the specific version or something?

This is what I suggest you do. Of course, if you haven't seen it yet.
There's not much room inside.

40 minutes ago, K-51 said:

Would/could there ever be possible to have an adapter/connector for let's say Virpil grips? 🤔😉

55 minutes ago, K-51 said:

Aaaah right. Yeah I've taken it apart a couple of times. My intention is to reallocate some of the space (like replacing your two hat switches with 5-ways, and adding another 5-way where the 3-position switch and red button are), and also extend the button layout beyond the "box". So I'm intending to add a mini-thumbstick "below" where the red button is, so it'll overhang the box somewhat, and add more stuff to the left and right sides of the box. 😃

If you can send me the screw spacings and the dimensions of the top, I can start working on the sketches and layout, and send you pics of what I'm thinking of.
EDIT: And all the extra buttons will use their own wiring into a separate Bodnar USB device, which I'll put "somewhere". So there will be a wire running from the head down to the base externally. Not going to be pretty, but hey ho. 😃

Edited by jubuttib

15 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Would/could there ever be possible to have an adapter/connector for let's say Virpil grips? 🤔😉

Seems highly unlikely. 4 sides of the "box" at the end (bottom, left, right and the part attaching to the handle) are all effectively one piece, and the throttle twist mechanism is also part of that assembly. Any sort of adapter would A) make the whole thing super duper long, with the added length of the collective handles, and B) attach into a 3D printed box structure that was never designed to act as anything other than a place for buttons and some wiring, not a structural part.

• Like 1

2 часа назад, jubuttib сказал:

Aaaah right. Yeah I've taken it apart a couple of times. My intention is to reallocate some of the space (like replacing your two hat switches with 5-ways, and adding another 5-way where the 3-position switch and red button are), and also extend the button layout beyond the "box". So I'm intending to add a mini-thumbstick "below" where the red button is, so it'll overhang the box somewhat, and add more stuff to the left and right sides of the box. 😃

If you can send me the screw spacings and the dimensions of the top, I can start working on the sketches and layout, and send you pics of what I'm thinking of.
EDIT: And all the extra buttons will use their own wiring into a separate Bodnar USB device, which I'll put "somewhere". So there will be a wire running from the head down to the base externally. Not going to be pretty, but hey ho. 😃

Give me some time, I will prepare everything and send you a PM.

2 часа назад, MAXsenna сказал:

I had a development in this direction. I designed the throttle mechanism inside the handle. This is much more difficult to assemble, but doable.
But unfortunately, I had to postpone it until better times, and with any outcome of the cases, the VIRPIL pens will not work. I no longer have VIRPIL electronics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, K-51 said:

Give me some time, I will prepare everything and send you a PM.

I had a development in this direction. I designed the throttle mechanism inside the handle. This is much more difficult to assemble, but doable.
But unfortunately, I had to postpone it until better times, and with any outcome of the cases, the VIRPIL pens will not work. I no longer have VIRPIL electronics.

I completely understand! Let's see what the future brings, and if you vet release a V2! 😄 

2 минуты назад, MAXsenna сказал:

I completely understand! Let's see what the future brings, and if you vet release a V2! 😄 

I will definitely return to it and plan to make several options for button blocks. For now, I want to finish one project.

image.jpeg

202204.jpg

• Like 3

Man, that looks sick! Am I guessing right that there are a total of 6 axis in the lever area (two wheels on the bottom and 4 levers), swappable handles on the levers, with ability to put buttons on the right side levers? Are those two rotary things on the button box area pots or encoders?

Looks really cool either way. 😃

• Like 1

14 часов назад, mntimbuktu сказал:

Can anyone help me out. I think my firmware was overwritten. Can’t get collective to show up. 

BFE911AF-E2AC-4ADA-AC7C-63B3CD8F40C1.jpeg

Hello, Update the device firmware to the version on the VPC panel and reinstall the device profile.
How to change the controller firmware and install the profile is described in the topic. Profiles can also be found there. First post.

Edited by K-51