Сollective pitch control lever

K-51

Hi all,

I've had my collective for a while now and I'm very happy with it, but I've had one issue come up today- the 3d printed tension knob on the side of the unit (the spring adjuster one) has just given up the ghost and snapped. Anyone had any luck replacing these with another knob or something a bit studier? It's failed between the cap of the knob and the stem sadly. Image here to avoid confusion!

DgJDIGH.jpg

Thanks,

Dale

1 час назад, Crusoe09 сказал:

Hi Mikhail

I would be very interested in buying one of your collectives. I appreciate there could be a long delay, but I am sure it will be well worth the wait.

Take care my friend

Andy

Hi Andy,

I sent you the information in a PM

Mikhail

My devious plans are starting to come together, muahaahahahahaha!

Hopefully Mikhail won't mind me posting this here. So, first version of the custom PCB replacement top for the collective came in (as in this replaces the whole top of the "button box", using the same mounting points). The area outlined in white is the current top panel area, I will have a few things hanging off of the sides, as you can see. Will be interesting to see how this works out (still waiting on cables). 😃

photo_2022-07-02_13-49-59.jpg

Edited by jubuttib
  • Like 1

Deviousness deviates...

(The PCB has a design flaw caused by a wrong defined component in the PCB design program's user submitted files, basically the thumbstick's pads have VCC and GND reversed, gonna have to wire the analog stick externally for this)

photo_2022-07-05_16-25-40.jpg

Edited by jubuttib
  • Like 1

First of all I want to thank K-51/Mikhail for making such a damn good collective, and being so helpful with the information I needed to get this mod going. I really love the device, just wanted to try different things, and maybe something that suits the Apache specifically a bit better. 😃

Made a post on r/HotasDIY earlier, and some people were asking for a kit for the modification, which I unfortunately can't provide due to lack of available components and time to dedicate to something like this. So I decided to smooth some corners, and posted a new thread, which includes my project files, Gerber files for the updated design (which fixes the analog stick wiring issue, among other small tweaks) and a full parts list and some wiring guidance. Getting the PCB from somewhere like JLCPCB costs like 7-8€ + shipping (which ranges from like 5-8€ for the cheap options, or if you want it NOW you can pay 50+€) and you get 5 of them, so you have spares. The project file also has some of the relevant dimensions and marks where the internal supports (screw placements) are, so you can use it as a basis to design your own replacement top should you want.

The thing looks ROUGH, because I just wanted to get it to a working state, rather than prettying it up. And because it's still the old PCB that has the wrong wiring for the analog stick... But it's been a real fun project, and I really like the functionality of the end result. 😃

• 2 weeks later...
2 часа назад, JimC81 сказал:

Hello k-51.  Like many others I am also interested in purchasing a collective control from you, can you advise me on how to do this please?

Many thanks 

James

Hello JimC81, 

I sent you a message in a PM.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 часов назад, jaropsax сказал:

I know there are bigger problems in the world, but it would be good to know if there is still the possibility of ordering a collective. I exchanged PMs with Mikhail in February but have heard nothing further. 

Hello. Let's resume the correspondence, I solved most of the questions that arose in February. The whole process is practically restored. This took more time than I thought.

Thank you.

Edited by K-51
  • Like 1

1 час назад, Flatfoot78 сказал:

I'm interested in possibly ordering a collective as well.

Hello.
Yes it is possible. Price 230$ + shipping
Please PM me the country of delivery. I will check shipping and cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello K-51, i seem to have broke the thing. The Virpil configuration tool notified me that i need a new firmware, so i went through the auto update process. Since then i cannot load any profile and nothing works. Is there a way to revert back to original firmware?

13 часов назад, wutz сказал:

Hello K-51, i seem to have broke the thing. The Virpil configuration tool notified me that i need a new firmware, so i went through the auto update process. Since then i cannot load any profile and nothing works. Is there a way to revert back to original firmware?

Hello wetz,

Install the latest version of the VPC software and download https://virpil.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/47001229104-vpc-software-setup-version-20220720-patch1         this profile Collect_2_304.XML .
As a recommendation, before installing a new version of a program, always uninstall the old version from your computer.

There is a link on the first page of the branch on how to do it correctly.

Edited by K-51

8 hours ago, K-51 said:

Hello wetz,

Install the latest version of the VPC software and download https://virpil.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/47001229104-vpc-software-setup-version-20220720-patch1         this profile Collect_2_304.XML .
As a recommendation, before installing a new version of a program, always uninstall the old version from your computer.

There is a link on the first page of the branch on how to do it correctly.

Thank you for reply, followed your advice. After loading the profile a get only one axis working and still no buttons. Is there another way around pretty please? Im sorry, im not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

15 часов назад, wutz сказал:

Thank you for reply, followed your advice. After loading the profile a get only one axis working and still no buttons. Is there another way around pretty please? Im sorry, im not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

I'll PM you what you need to check.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mikhael @K-51

Your K 51 has continued to give great immersion in DCS.  Thankyou.  However -

After downloading the latest DCS open beta update (the 2nd 2.8) my computer and DCS no longer saw the K51.

I have in no specific order:

My K51 remains invisible to the computer.  Virpil stick/base and X56 throttle function normally.

Any help much appreciated.

Andy

On 10/28/2022 at 7:15 PM, wutz said:

im not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

You and me both sir!

2 hours ago, dh82a said:

Dear Mikhael @K-51

After downloading the latest DCS open beta update (the 2nd 2.8) my computer and DCS no longer saw the K51.

My K51 remains invisible to the computer.  Virpil stick/base and X56 throttle function normally.

Andy

You and me both sir!

DCS not seeing your collective makes sense if your PC can't see it. I have never heard of DCS affecting hardware connection, but it's DCS, so anything is possible.

If you can, check with another USB cable, I know it's a stretch, but just to rule bad cable out.

• Like 1

19 часов назад, dh82a сказал:

Dear Mikhael @K-51

Andy

You and me both sir!

Yes, DCS has nothing to do with it.
Remember what happened before he stopped working.
At the moment, when you connect the USB connector, what happens or not? It happens that after connecting after some time, the computer displays a message that the device is "not defined". If you have another computer or laptop, connect the device to it.

• Like 1