Сollective pitch control lever

K-51

12 часов назад, MisterMac сказал:

I would also like be put on the list for the collective. I am in no rush so take all the time you need. Though would it be alright if I pm you some questions?

Hello, 

Added.
Thanks.
You can find many answers in this thread or write to me in PM. Ask I will try to answer them as quickly and in detail as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all!
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my k-51 collective in SEVEN days shipped from Russia to U.S. Ohio!!

No issues from customs whatsoever.

It is completely plug and play and well worth the wait(from June wait list) and money!

Thanks Mikhail !!

It.Is.Awesome!

Edited by Tiptoes007
  • Like 2

hello  Mikael

finally receive the parcel this aft 

just HAPPY    now the HUEY look so easy to fly , before i had a collective i made with a potentiometer and a  leo BODNARD card and it just like going  from a LADA to a PORSHE 👍

felicitations 

regards 

jm

• Like 1

29.09.2021 в 00:53, Tiptoes007 сказал:

Hello all!
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received my k-51 collective in SEVEN days shipped from Russia to U.S. Ohio!!

No issues from customs whatsoever.

It is completely plug and play and well worth the wait(from June wait list) and money!

Thanks Mikhail !!

It.Is.Awesome!

Thanks.
It was really, really fast.

1 час назад, jm06 сказал:

hello  Mikael

finally receive the parcel this aft 

just HAPPY    now the HUEY look so easy to fly , before i had a collective i made with a potentiometer and a  leo BODNARD card and it just like going  from a LADA to a PORSHE 👍

felicitations 

regards 

jm

Thanks!

I am especially pleased that the delivery to your country went smoothly.

• Like 2

Hi Mikhail,

just wanted to let you know, the collective arrived yesterday (Germany), took only one week to deliver, no complications.

It's a very neat device, tested it for a quick fly. Can not wait to test it on the Yaw2, once that gets delivered...

Thank you again for the quick and uncomplicated procedure.

11 hours ago, Boss80 said:

Hi Mikhail,

just wanted to let you know, the collective arrived yesterday (Germany), took only one week to deliver, no complications.

It's a very neat device, tested it for a quick fly. Can not wait to test it on the Yaw2, once that gets delivered...

Thank you again for the quick and uncomplicated procedure.

Oh, you got yours in one week? Wow... I hope everything is fine with mine. I am located in Berlin and my tracking ended a week ago in a customs office in Rossiya. 😕

1 час назад, Patmaster сказал:

Oh, you got yours in one week? Wow... I hope everything is fine with mine. I am located in Berlin and my tracking ended a week ago in a customs office in Rossiya. 😕

Unfortunately, this happens.
But don't worry, I keep track of all shipments and make requests for mail when problems arise.

15 hours ago, K-51 said:

Strange, everyone had hats. Apparently the customs liked it very much))))
I'll send you a new one.😀

Bloody bastards! Export or import customs?

Nah, I like the rugedness of my collective. That red protection looks so.........protective

Edited by admiki
  • Like 1

My unit arrived yesterday.

Nice! Solid feeling device. Really feels and looks good.

I appreciated the way it was packed - hand cut, high density foam. Some real effort and attention to detail.

Looking forward to trying it this weekend.

• Like 1

6 часов назад, Spectre1986 сказал:

Hello,

Please put me on the list, I live in the USA.
PM me with the details, I did not read all 25 pages of this thread but am willing to pay now.

Added.
Thanks.

There is no need to pay in advance, everything is after a message from me that the device is ready for you.
I will write the details in the PM.

Edited by K-51

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my first impression with the K-51 collective that I got today.

I mainly fly in X-Plane but I believe the characteristics should be similar in other simulators with the correct adjustments.

Let me start with the good staff: Helicopter flying was never so relaxing and fun than I had with this collective.

The Box

The controller in the box was wrapped with soft foam and it was kept in its own "cradle" like shape, if I had to give it a grade it would be [10/10].

20211008_110914.jpg

20211008_110948.jpg

This kind of attention and careful packaging does not fall short from the big companies, well done (maybe even better).

20211008_111404.jpg

The collective head

The head part of the collective holds all the switches you can set during your flights. Currently I'm not sure how to set the buttons and switches since some of them are new to me like the three way switches that I never used before, I am so used to buttons and hat switches that I forgot there are other useful ones.

Since I mainly fly in VR, I guess I'll set them to any action I did before with the mouse or controller. For HEMS missions I'll probably need to set some hoist commands and you have plenty of buttons and switches to map them too so I think I covered. For DCS flying though I have no idea.

The wheel that you see on the "far" side of the head is probably meant to be the throttle, but I guess you can use it for other axis if you so wish.

The fill of the collective handle is great, for me, and as was expected the collective precision is much much finer than a button or a hat switch that was converted to act as a collective, the movement has much more throw so you can be much more precise.

If I'll have to rate the switches, I would give it [8.5/10], it relates to the finish look and we can never have enough switches. we always want more 😁.

X-Plane setup

Nothing special in this case, X-Plane has its own curve settings so I did not had to do any special adjustments there.

The only thing I did modify was the "controller sensitivity". I moved the CONTROL RESPONSE column to the left, all of the sliders.

When I fly I only need ~25-30deg of the controller movement to make the heli take off which is great (in X-Plane)

X-Plane-ControlSensitivity_settings.jpg

As I said before, I did not set the switches yet, well maybe the red one to open Mission-X plugin to prepare a mission for this test.

Chair Assembly

This is probably going to be the most time consuming part before you could use the collective. You will have to connect the collective correctly to have no move on the vertical axis and here is where you will have to pay attention.

First, the chair. I have a simple office chair. In order to fasten tightly the collective, I had to remove the left hand rest and buy a new screw with the correct threading since the one I had wasn't long enough. As you can read between the lines, I could only use one screw to hold the collective to the chair, but I have to admit it is tightly fasten and it almost does not move since it is more sensitive to horizontal movements than the vertical ones.

The real issue I had is with the two vertical screws:

20211008_132722.jpg

When you unbox the collective you have to unscrew them in order to switch the bracket orientation from "package mode" to "chair mode".
When I screw the screws (none pun intended), they were disjoined from the other end, that worried me at first but I decided to use a plier and fasten the screws with it. It is a slow work but it gets the job done.

The problem with this setup is that the collective might have some movement on the vertical axes, and if you do not tighten the screw good enough (not too hard mind you) the collective bracket will tilt a little bit because of the vertical pressure (not a show stopper but it can happen).

My suggestion is to make vertical holes on the side closest to the head of the controller (the right one) while the left one can be a vertical slit since the pressure is mainly on the right one (closest to the head of the controller).

I might do it myself, but then I'll have to prepare holes on both sides symmetrically since there are already vertical slits on both sides.

If I'll have to rate the assembly I would rate it as [6/10] because there are no chair adapters and there is some work to be done, although expected. Your mileage might defer from mine and I can't blame K-51 for this it just part of the effort we need to put to make this collective work flawlessly.

The end result:

20211008_142655.jpg

Conclusions

Overall, fantastic addition to my joystick collection, this should make helicopters and VTOL flying a much better experience especially in VR.

I think we should be thankful that @K-51 provide an alternative to the big companies collective options, the price is fair, the handling superb, the communication is very good and the payment options could not be better for this product.

Please remember that it takes a long time to wait in the queue for this product, I got mine after more than 3 months, but I was ready to take the time and it was clear from this forum, that it is part of the purchase.

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating to order or not to order this product, I only share my experience with it (Subjectively).

I'll finish with some pictures from my little den:

20211008_162838.jpg

20211008_162900.jpg

Blue skies

Edited by Raas

*The wheel that you see on the "far" side of the head is probably meant to be the throttle, but I guess you can use it for other axis if you so wish.

I think you may have missed that the handle rotates, which my be better as a Throttle for you, I use the wheel as a Zoom, but each to his own. 

Have fun with it, I've had mine for a few months now and use it every day! Though I've hard fixed it to a desk rather than a chair a bit of jigory pockery with bits I had laying around. I thought it might be tricky because it hides the tightener, but so far I've never had to adjust it, as I said I use it everyday. 

IMG_0070.JPG

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,