Internal Hangars and pushback vehicles operative

Japo32

As said in the "why pay for this module" I would buy it if there is the option to store and start from the internal hangars, to be able to go to the upper deck with the elevators. So the use of the push back vehicles would be a must, and maybe could them be used by a human.

I see in the list of future features, that elevators will work, but maybe only visually and not operative. The pushback vehicles will be static ones.

Thanks.

Yea i want see answer for this question ... elevators are only for visual effect or they will be operative?

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

In today's Stennis, the elevator moves with a little modification

Yup! Unfortunately, you just can't taxi to the hangar area. You'll fall right through as soon as you move off the elevator.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I would really like to see some more updated data.. This whole thing is really too obscure,,, Were really being left a little to much in the dark... What were actually seeing is every one making wild guess as to what's going to actually happen …. I really think that this would be more professional if some of the developers would get more involved in presenting updates.. And maybe we could see a roadmap of all of the planed functions..

Anyway that's my view point.., I hope that none becomes offended...

~Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I would really like to see some more updated data.. This whole thing is really too obscure

What is exactly is so unclear about the upcoming supercarrier? ED has provided detailed feature list. Is spawning in the hangar and being towed onto the elevator on that list, no? Then it probably won't be a feature. Same thing goes for all the other "unanswered questions" on this subforum like will it steer automatically into the wind. If it's not on the feature list ED provided, then it won't be in, it's that simple I think

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

...ED has provided detailed feature list. Is spawning in the hangar and being towed onto the elevator on that list, no? Then it probably won't be a feature. Same thing goes for all the other "unanswered questions" on this subforum like will it steer automatically into the wind. If it's not on the feature list ED provided, then it won't be in, it's that simple I think

I get what you're saying but the feature list is still vague. "Hangar deck" & "working elevators". The current Stennis has both, but we can't use the hangar deck. Only the AI can taxi there. So just those two examples alone bares the question, to what extent will the user get to use them. Yes, wait and see can be the answer to any question on any unreleased module's thread, but I don't think that's how this works.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

airplanes don't taxi in the hanger, they don't start their engines there… they are moved via tugs, crew are not in the jet on the elevators...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

airplanes don't taxi in the hanger, they don't start their engines there… they are moved via tugs, crew are not in the jet on the elevators...

Absolutely correct, but this shouldn't mean that the hangar shouldn't exist and elevators non-functional.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

As said in the "why pay for this module" I would buy it if there is the option to store and start from the internal hangars, to be able to go to the upper deck with the elevators. So the use of the push back vehicles would be a must, and maybe could them be used by a human.

I see in the list of future features, that elevators will work, but maybe only visually and not operative. The pushback vehicles will be static ones.

Thanks.

It has been stated numerous time that crews do not "man up" the aircraft while on the hanger deck...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

somewhere before a similar convo popped up. so Ill put in my 2c from then. if the hangar is being modeled and if we get tugs or ability for ai to move us around, use the lower deck as an overflow spawn point. so players can be moved topside when theres room. gets people in the game, gets around the error for too many people on a ship and just getting a delayed start message. just would be a pain to code I imagine. I like the idea at least. even if not accurate its a game mechanic so arnt just stuck on spectator view waiting. I like my realism but I also like being in the game

I have a understanding that the lower hangar deck is available for spawning, so you can start and end mission there.

But does pilot ever enter to aircrafts in the hangar and then be moved to upper deck by ground crews?

I have always only seen pilots walking from island to their aircrafts and make the checks on the deck before entering cockpit etc.

And no, I don't think that coding the hangar is difficult, as there would not be requirement to fill that place full of aircrafts, and even if so, then it is easy as you simply make the ground crew and all the aircrafts move there by predefined exact routes. So you never get the freedom there to be moved any other than specific routes between aircrafts, hangar lift etc. Only at the deck you would be moving more freely, requiring you to be professional. And even in lift you would be dynamically moved to one specific position.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I want to know if there is going to be the ability to man the maintenance crew in the hanger deck and work on the aircraft, order spare parts that are not in the on board stock and have them delivered by a Greyhound, do engine swaps , have a full lathe shop so we can make parts..These are things we need to know....

There is a lot of roadblock game design issues with these wishes about bringing aircraft from the hangar deck and pushing them around with players in, that is not considered.

Firstly, for a mission start, if let's say ED changed "start cold from parking" to a hangar aircraft, the pilot would have to wait for... 10 minutes? to get into his aircraft before it was delivered. Some people might sit in spectator and wait for that and that is their thing. It's not everyones. I'd like to say, "It's not Most" peoples idea of fun, after the first time at least, but I'd be making that statistic up. The current MP slot is fixed in the mission file and not dynamically created on the fly.

ED are most likely not to create a completely unrealistic hangar sim with jets under power, racing around on elevators, or force people to sit for periods of time being tugged about. They might choose to properly park vacated aircraft and also deliver them, but this is completley breaking Multiplayer and here is why:

If a client joins a slot and the hangar aircraft has to be spawned and towed to the deck, it will create a mandatory wait for all Clients joining a hangar slot, because the game cannot know 10 mins before hand that you want to fly when you joined the server.

There's two issues with MP spawning and despawning that will never fit with hangar driving.

1. You can't currently create an uncontrolled Client aircraft. We want this in game, and it might work for airfields, but space is at premium on a deck. It's a spawn in a free spot right now on deck. A new spawning type, "from uncontrolled" would need to be coded which changes the units to have to be a specific static placed unit, rather than the slot becoming whatever spawned. There's some scripting for this if you want (SWAPR), but the timing is very difficult to avoid a collision of the static and the new client and we already talked about "space on deck".

2. When the client disconnects in MP, the plane just "disappears". They would have to create a new game wide change here also and leave the plane where the client left it. And that is also massively problematic, but could be cured with automatic towing and requires a lot of coding and redesign of airstrip and helicopter parking also to maintain the status quo across all modules.

To make this happen the way it could work would require the following game wide changes of design

1. Multiplayer slots require to be dynamically created so they are not associated with a specific unit number in the miz but an uncontrolled static type aircraft that was already in existence. Massive wishlist item for the last ten years. Not happening in the current design, requires massive and damaging changes to any DLC content produced and all user created content.

2. On leaving a slot the physical aircraft would now need to be modelled continually and the game needs to figure out how to park it up properly. Massive logic puzzles... perhaps its on the runway, on the grass, stuck in an object, somewhere stupid... what if it just disconenects on autopilot at FL200? Will they code the game to take over your slot as AI? WHat if you moved to ten slots after another and relogged to force the ED AI to take over? Problems? Yes!

And aside that, ED already said, the amount of spawn points on the carrier will be upped from X to Y. No hangar spots! Not mentioned, if any of the hangar spawning was possible there would be NO NEED to add new spawning spots on the deck, would there?

No doubt someone will be riding on a hangar, but it wont be by game design. Time to face reality folks.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Again these issues should be answered by the developers,, But the developers don't seem to be present in this thread.... Or it could possibly be that they don't actually know as of yet...

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I want to know if there is going to be the ability to man the maintenance crew in the hanger deck and work on the aircraft, order spare parts that are not in the on board stock and have them delivered by a Greyhound, do engine swaps , have a full lathe shop so we can make parts..These are things we need to know....

Eye roll. Unless you are trolling, well played.

I have a understanding that the lower hangar deck is available for spawning, so you can start and end mission there.

But does pilot ever enter to aircrafts in the hangar and then be moved to upper deck by ground crews?

No they don't, so having people spawn below deck in the hangar wouldn't be realistic. It would be cool if you could see the AI crew move aircraft from\to the hangar though.

Again these issues should be answered by the developers,, But the developers don't seem to be present in this thread.... Or it could possibly be that they don't actually as of yet...

Why would the devs elaborate on the potential difficulties of some non existent feature/wishlist item? Would you not rather have them spend their time working on DCS?

I also don't get where people got the idea of aircraft spawning in the hangar and being towed onto the elevators. Detailed hangar deck and working elevators means just that, a good visual represntation but nothing more. Or do you think they didn't care to mention working pushback and plane spotting.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

..Detailed hangar deck and working elevators means just that, a good visual represntation but nothing more. Or do you think they didn't care to mention working pushback and plane spotting.

Tough pill to swallow, but I think you hit the nail on the head. I guess a lot of my questions were nothin but wishful thoughts. BUUUUT, how will we get to see this detailed hangar deck? Will we be able to walk down stairs to it? :lol::lol: Ok ok, I'll stop. I'm just torturing myself.:)

What is exactly is so unclear about the upcoming supercarrier? ED has provided detailed feature list. Is spawning in the hangar and being towed onto the elevator on that list, no? Then it probably won't be a feature. Same thing goes for all the other "unanswered questions" on this subforum like will it steer automatically into the wind. If it's not on the feature list ED provided, then it won't be in, it's that simple I think

How do you actually see this as clear....And what list are you referring to ????

I would like to see one of developers refer to these posts here...;

Isn't this the super carrier thread?

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Why would the devs elaborate on the potential difficulties of some non existent feature/wishlist item? Would you not rather have them spend their time working on DCS?

I also don't get where people got the idea of aircraft spawning in the hangar and being towed onto the elevators. Detailed hangar deck and working elevators means just that, a good visual represntation but nothing more. Or do you think they didn't care to mention working pushback and plane spotting.

Come on... There are some of the developers answering other threads… So why not this one.. Could it be that they just don't have all of the answers yet. Still it would be nice if they would post once in a while... Maybe there still on vacation (LOL)

Edited by VMFA-Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR