[WIP] F14 loud sounds at Idle drowning out an entire airfield due to Flyby sounds

112th_Rossi

The culprits are

F110_Front_Flyby.sdef

F110_Rear_Flyby.sdef

F110_Side_Flyby.sdef

All have extremely loud settings and a range of between 5000m (100% volume) and 15000m (15km!! 0% volume)

These sounds are playing when the aircraft is idle or low rpm, which is clearly wrong.

You can modify these files to get some peace if you don't want your ears blasted every time you spawn into a server.

Edited by IronMike

Yup the code is so bad that it cant even be modded into somthing halfway acceptable , this and the absence of a pilot body is why I wont purchace what is in essance one of the most beautifull aircraft 3d models ever concived .

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

Yup the code is so bad that it cant even be modded into somthing halfway acceptable , this and the absence of a pilot body is why I wont purchace what is in essance one of the most beautifull aircraft 3d models ever concived .

Cheers

Jafa

LOL, that is what's keeping you from getting one of the best modules in DCS? :doh:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

There is definitely a defect in the coding somewhere in the F-14...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Cheers

Jafa

This may be off topic, but what's so bad about the code that it makes it unmoddable? Serious question.

I say this as someone who's already messed around with modding the F-14's sounds, and nothing about the code (I assume you mean the .sdef files?) seemed particularly difficult to work with compared to any other sound files in DCS. Except of course, the aforementioned some sounds being too loud/audible at too great distances at idle, but I assume this is a DCS limitation of sorts/is WIP, and as it sounds fine at max power (and in the cockpit) it makes sense that it isn't a top priority for the devs atm.

• 3 weeks later...

This bug is still present. Where's the Heatblur team at?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this has been an issue since release, and honestly its one of those things that sours a well put together airframe.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

Glad to see that it's acknowledged. Was online last night in MP and took off from Stennis in an F18, flew about 2NM in front of the Stennis, went to external views and could still hear the F14 on the deck at idle over my F18 in full AB. Was pretty amusing.

Edited by BlitzPuppet

They've already mentioned there's a DCS sound file limitation and it's WIP. Supposedly Jester uses a lot of sound files.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals