[CORRECT AS IS]New Cockpit: Landing gear lever proportions

Dropship Pilot

As you are working on the new cockpit (great job so far! :thumbup:) I thought I'd point out some details that seem off:

In this case the proportions of the landing gear lever/knob.

The following picture shows a comparison of the new model with some the real deal.

Landing Gear Knob References.jpg

As you can seem the round knob seems to be too small compared to the lever and the black inserts (light bulbs). Also the circular cutouts on the sides of the knob are missing (texture?) as well as the whole knob doesn't appear transparent.

The following drawing was based on dimensions taken from a real knob with a caliper - so these should be quite accurate:

Landing Gear Knob.jpg

Sadly, I don't have the complete lever assembly, so I can't provide any dimensions on the lever itself. User Gadroc had some on this website, but the link has gone dead.

Feel free to contact me if I missed a dimension or if you need pictures/details on the knob. I hope this is of some help.

Cheers

DSP

449565716_LandingGearKnobReferences.thumb.jpg.bd1fb1c2c39deb0fb976e69d8c802990.jpg

360009885_LandingGearKnob.thumb.jpg.e404ad4dcf711198c46989a67f7f7709.jpg

• ED Team

Hi

I have spoken to the team, the proportions are correct in our model.

We are however tweaking the handle at the moment.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2