[REPORTED]New Cockpit: CDU

Dropship Pilot

As you are working on the new cockpit (great job so far! thumbup.gif) I thought I'd point out some details that seem off:

The white border around the keypad and the number pad is NOT backlit on the real CDU. I have an original CDU of the same series and the front panel is solid black plastic with the white border painted on. Only the buttons are backlit!

Please check this with a subject matter expert, but I'm very sure that it's the same for the CDU of the A-10.

The indent on the keys is barely noticeable on the original keys. Its quite exaggerated (too much bump-mapping with a too hard border) in the new model which makes the lettering hard to read especially in VR.

The Number 5 key as well as the W,N,S and E keys are about 1mm higher than the other keys. It's barely noticeable if you don't know about it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

DSP

Here's a picture of the CDU I have. The NSN number is 6605-99-126-3140.

attachment.php?attachmentid=224571&stc=1&d=1578414040

On the left you can see that the number keys 5 and 0 as well as the letter keys W, E, S and N are raised. If you look closely you can see this also here:

A-10C Cockpit (13 of 26).jpg

Sadly, I don't have an image that shows an A-10C cockpit at night. So there's no way for me to prove the claim about the frame being just painted white.

Cheers,

DSP

CDU.thumb.jpg.f05664031268c46a33a9b1ca9930ec84.jpg

• ED Team

Thanks, it is a very minor point but I have reported it to the team for consideration.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2