Mirage Red Flag Skip Campaign Mission

Love this campaign but, due to actual life events that pull me out of mission and a trigger issue here and there, I need to be able to make good use of time and skip a mission once or twice.

Please help me understand how to edit the file somehow so I can skip a mission. I've never done this, so any detail would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance! Great campaign.

You'll need to edit your Logbook file in logbook.lua, which is usually found in C:\Users\*UserNameHere*\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor.

You might have to download Notepad++ to open it (if I recall, it's an unformatted mess without it), but make a copy (or 3) before you try anything. I don't remember the specifics, but you should be able to see successful missions from the same campaign to see what you need to add and change. Add the relevant information, save it, load up the campaign and see if you've advanced. If not, copy one of your backups over and try it again.

It wasn't too complicated to figure it out. If I did it, you'll be able to. If you really don't want to mess with it, you should be able to play the campaign missions as individual missions.

I love that campaign, by the way.

You'll need to edit your Logbook file in logbook.lua, which is usually found in C:\Users\*UserNameHere*\Saved Games\DCS\MissionEditor.

You might have to download Notepad++ to open it (if I recall, it's an unformatted mess without it), but make a copy (or 3) before you try anything. I don't remember the specifics, but you should be able to see successful missions from the same campaign to see what you need to add and change. Add the relevant information, save it, load up the campaign and see if you've advanced. If not, copy one of your backups over and try it again.

It wasn't too complicated to figure it out. If I did it, you'll be able to. If you really don't want to mess with it, you should be able to play the campaign missions as individual missions.

I love that campaign, by the way.

Thanks Spike. If someone remembers HOW to edit the notepad++ file, please do share. Also, a long time ago I knew how to open other campaign missions separately....how do I do that with the Red Flag if I can't figure out how to do what you advised?

I think you just need to find the current mission that you "failed" in your logbook and set the results field to 100. Save a copy before you mess with it, though.

To play the campaigns as individual missions, I go to My Missions and then navigate to the campaign folder and play them one at a time.

I think you just need to find the current mission that you "failed" in your logbook and set the results field to 100. Save a copy before you mess with it, though.

To play the campaigns as individual missions, I go to My Missions and then navigate to the campaign folder and play them one at a time.

I can't figure out how to navigate to the campaign folder. As I recall, the folks who created the campaign even mentioned in these forums that it is harder to find these than "normal."

Please advise.