FCLS-Hornet Carrier Training Suggestion

thermalguy

DCS powers at be - Is it possible to get a FCLS on one of the maps on a runway, even if it is an airfield in the farthest corner of the map. For those of us who want to properly train without crashing 20 $80 million dollar jets this is what is needed to get proficiency before going to the boat. And with the Super carrier coming this would be an even more realist progression.

Attached is pics of both field based carrier and LHD

I'm not sure about other players but for me when I'm running the sim offline I tend to have the mindset that if I crash the plane that is it for the day so I really try to keep the air frame intact. Now in Multiplayer it seems to be more of a game format then a sim, probably because there are a lot of people out there screwing around having fun so it the multiplayer takes on a different tone. I enjoy both, sometimes you want to get serious about a mission and sometimes you just need a good laugh.

All that being said DCS is and always will be the best sim ever made.

After typing what you want to post, scorll down further and you see where to click to send an attachment too.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

You can find the landing area as an object in the 476 vFG Range Targets mod pack, Google it. As for the IFOLS, I think there was a mod in User Files that allowed you to place a working one on land, but I don't remember the name.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

It would be cool to setup radio towers or objects on the ground as a path marker for planes to follow to comprehend proper distances for a Case 1 recovery. Even though the airfield doesn't move, I think it would help because I always run across fellow pilots going 5 miles behind the boat for their final and it completely wrecks the pattern.