Eurofighter typhoon

Hoodaya

I'd say a Typhoon is possible with certain constraints, but who is able to judge about it anyway? Would you notice a difference to the real aircraft, unless it's a gross deficiency from publicly available information?

If every sim developer in the past had adhered to the logic of "everything must be known" we wouldn't have seen most of the titles produced since the 1980s. A believable representation of the aircraft should be good enough and the vast majority of people couldn't even tell whether it's realistic or not!

In my opinion there are enough information available to produce a believeable Typhoon module. There are in fact some good enough simulations out there, for example Indiafoxecho's Eurofighter Typhoon module for P3d. Arguably it leaves a lot to desire, but nothing that couldn't be done by a team with the resources and talent. The bigger question is whether a team would take on the challenge or not.

I am aware yes, however I can't see any of the other countries licensing it without agreement from all of the countries involved.

Absolutely correct, however the Typhoon has a multinational origin with an agreed partnership, to get hold of documentation that isn't publicly available I'm going to take a guess that it'll require permissions from each partner (UK, Germany, Italy and Spain). Of course I could easily be mistaken.

Exactly, hence it should be "MODs" and not just "MOD" ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'd say a Typhoon is possible with certain constraints, but who is able to judge about it anyway? Would you notice a difference to the real aircraft, unless it's a gross deficiency from publicly available information?

If every sim developer in the past had adhered to the logic of "everything must be known" we wouldn't have seen most of the titles produced since the 1980s. A believable representation of the aircraft should be good enough and the vast majority of people couldn't even tell whether it's realistic or not!

In my opinion there are enough information available to produce a believeable Typhoon module. There are in fact some good enough simulations out there, for example Indiafoxecho's Eurofighter Typhoon module for P3d. Arguably it leaves a lot to desire, but nothing that couldn't be done by a team with the resources and talent. The bigger question is whether a team would take on the challenge or not.

Completely agree..

Every DCS aircraft has it own clasiffied systems, and doesn't matter.. A nice cockpit with a decent external model and some real systems could be enough.

+100000 for a Typhoon module!!

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Actualy a Trench (Block) 1 would be grate also. And if it used diferent avionics from current blocks in services there should not be any problmes. BUT yes its a technicaly dificult mode to make, tiem inusming systems, etc... I woudl only trust ED or Belsimtech to do it (no, heatblur needs to concentrate on the Intruder/Tornado LOL.

veao could not get the Hawk rigth and had to bail...And people expeted them to do a Typhoon!!!! Please.....

regarding the Jf-17, yes its avery modern and in service plane, BUt its avionics is from different planes, like the F-16 hotas, trainers avionics, Fulcrums engines, and other publicly available info.

I'd love to have a Typhoon , but not as a dumbed-down version , which seems to be what some are calling for . This is DCS , with accurately modelled systems , flight dynamics and performance , precisely the information most likely to be made not available merely to sate consumers .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Exactly, hence it should be "MODs" and not just "MOD" ;)

touche :worthy:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I'd love to have a Typhoon , but not as a dumbed-down version , which seems to be what some are calling for . This is DCS , with accurately modelled systems , flight dynamics and performance , precisely the information most likely to be made not available merely to sate consumers .

While it's of course speculative pending research, this.

It is true that classified or in-service status aren't necessarily bars to developing a module. However, Wags has officially stated that only documentation publicly available is used in the development of modules.

I'll post it again: "The Company develops all of its DCS aircraft game modules exclusively on the basis of publicly available information and has never used nor tried to obtain any classified information." (source)

What classification and in-service status might do is negatively impact how much and what information is publicly available, and if said information is necessary to facilitate the development of a module, then we'll have to do one of two things: Abandon the module and don't consider it until necessary documentation is available or approximate (often heavily so) or otherwise make guesstimates. Now what if this documentation concerns a RADAR for example, or is an aircraft manual... hopefully a problem quickly becomes apparent, assuming we can't make a guesstimate, the unavailability of this information I guess would end up as borderline prohibiting.

Good point, but DCS whole game plan is to produce the most realistic representation of the stuff it models if feasible. We shouldn't be developing modules at the expense of realism just because some people might not notice, sounds shady to me. It's like advertising something you're not really selling under the guise that some people won't notice. Bit of a red flag in my book...

Don't forget people often entrust SME's as confirmation of a module's accuracy - if SMEs aren't allowed to disclose information pertinent to module development then that's a gaping hindrance right there. I'm being speculative here, I don't know what the exact limitations of not knowing some piece of information, maybe it doesn't matter much, maybe it does.

It's not about "everything must be known" that's not what I said... at all.

It's about "do we know the things we need to know to produce a module to our own standards" if yes, fine go ahead - if no then it's a problem.

And again, with the reliance of ignorance... ED are pretty good at clarifying what exactly is planned to be implemented and in some cases it isn't too difficult to figure out how it's done.

Of course I don't pretend that DCS simulates everything perfectly, there are some things where it absolutely doesn't, but we have a wishlist and hopefully improvements will get implemented, but the complexity involved requires a LOT of patience and just throwing more people and money at the problem might not result in a marked improvement to development time - it's kind of like an Amdahl's law problem, and what a lot of people fail to realise is that developers often have specific skill sets - a 3D artist and a programmer aren't likely to be the same person.

In my opinion there are enough information available to produce a believable Typhoon module. There are in fact some good enough simulations out there, for example Indiafoxecho's Eurofighter Typhoon module for P3d. Arguably it leaves a lot to desire, but nothing that couldn't be done by a team with the resources and talent. The bigger question is whether a team would take on the challenge or not.

Key phrases: "with the resources" and "it leaves a lot to desire"

You're even admitting here that it's arguably below par. Not surprising given that sim's limitations... I don't want to knock P3D or Indiafoxecho or whatever, but DCS and P3D are fundamentally different sims. For starters P3D (a further development of FSX) has no, or if it does, limited native support for RADARs, weapons, sensors, even advanced flight dynamics (e.g high AoA behaviour, edge-of-envelope kinda stuff) and damage modelling, developers of military aircraft and weapons systems have a minefield to deal with before they even start. In fact on top of the cost of the addon, and P3D itself, you have to spend between $30-$50 (dependent on the version of P3D) just to get something approaching functional weapons implementation, which because P3D offers very limited at best native support are pretty limited, they result in a heavy workaround implementation with limited fidelity and capability (again because of the limits of P3D, which is more designed for flying from point A to point B, it doesn't even have equivalent DCS' cameras, well not unless you fork out another $35).

Comparing DCS modules with P3D addons is a slippery slope, they are barely comparable apart from being the similar kind of thing.

Adding to this the Typhoon of any Tranche would arguably be the one of, if not the most complex aircraft ever undertaken in DCS and the 2nd most recent (tranche dependant) behind the JF-17. We have very few other assets of around the same generation as these modern aircraft, they take years plural to develop and god knows how long before they're complete.

IMO DCS should stick around assets from say the mid 60s to the early-to-mid 90s, of course don't restrict newer or older aircraft but I think this is the era most suited to DCS' current scope.

Let alone the gap between realistic BLUEFOR and REDFOR aircraft, which isn't really shrinking, I know balance is basically a mute point and all aircraft with a bit of skill applied can be competitive, it's just not ideal. The Eurofighter Typhoon, while I'd like one, would only exacerbate the problem - okay subjective, if this doesn't matter to you that's absolutely fine, I'm just saying.

Huh. Radars for example. Or ECM

RADARs are mostly due to performance concerns, accurately modelling RADARs is just a task too much for consumer hardware to achieve on top of everything else - at least AFAIK.

ECM, well here it's I imagine it's a mix between the above and publicly available documentation, precise capabilities of EW systems and against what (particularly modern ones) are probably something that's going to be difficult to come by again AFAIK, I haven't personally tried to dig up documentation detailing EW systems, there was a thread about it under research concerning the L005, but currently that's only available for FC3 aircraft with simplified systems modelling, so it's unlikely before we start.

I do agree that FC3 level aircraft are probably a good at least interim solution, however, the main selling point for me with DCS is the full-fidelity stuff, otherwise I'd just play something else.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

Eurofighter now in development!

This is the like the 20th thread I have seen started about the Eurofighter typhoon. Like others have stated if an aircraft is still in service its a no go until it has been retired and its systems have been declassified. And that is for it to just be considered. See this announcement about the OH-58D Kiowa to read more about what it takes to bring a new module to DCS.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2019-11-29_Kiowa_Announced/

Eurofighter now in development in news.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2020-03-27_Typhoon/

So yeah how do you like them apples? Lol

Ask and you shall receive.

Yeah, I'll admit that was a true shocker.

Mind you they have managed to get official licensing with the manufacturer - we'll see how it turns out. They did say that some features are subject to publicly available documentation, I'm optimistic but I hope it doesn't stand in the way.

Also if they're aiming for the most modern Typhoon, that'll mean AESA RADAR - something totally new in DCS (which I might add, struggles a little in that department, and only a select few modules feature ray-tracing RADARs AFAIK). Not to mention all the weapons.

If they can pull it off, then absolutely fantastic! It does however mean that the gap between REDFOR and BLUFOR just got that little bit wider, as well as the fact that there aren't any maps out that has an accurate base for it, aside from RAZBAM's Falkland map, I really hope that changes in the future.

Edited by Northstar98

System:

Mind you they have managed to get official licensing with the manufacturer - we'll see how it turns out. They did say that some features are subject to publicly available documentation, I'm optimistic but I hope it doesn't stand in the way.

Also if they're aiming for the most modern Typhoon, that'll mean AESA RADAR - something totally new in DCS (which I might add, struggles a little in that department, and only a select few modules feature ray-tracing RADARs AFAIK).

If they can pull it off, then absolutely fantastic! It does however mean that the gap between REDFOR and BLUFOR just got that little bit wider, as well as the fact that there aren't any maps out that has an accurate base for it, aside from RAZBAM's Falkland map, I really hope that changes in the future.

They said that it was Eurofighter II so I'm guessing that's Eurofighter tranche 2? Seems like that would include (copy and pasted from wiki):

Tranche 2

Block 8

New hardware standard with new mission computer

Block 10

Enhanced Operational Capability (EOC) 1, improved DASS, IFF Mode 5, Rangeless ACMI

Air/Air—AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM, IRIS-T digital

Air/Ground—GBU-24, GPS-guided weapons, ALARM, Paveway III & IV, Rafael LITENING III

Block 15

EOC 2

Air/Air—METEOR,

Air/Ground—TAURUS, Storm Shadow, Brimstone

Block 20

EOC 3

The more advanced stuff I kinda doubt will be in there. But time will tell. And hopefully won't be cancelled like the last one. Can't friggin wait

They said that it was Eurofighter II so I'm guessing that's Eurofighter tranche 2? Seems like that would include (copy and pasted from wiki):

Tranche 2

Block 8

New hardware standard with new mission computer

Block 10

Enhanced Operational Capability (EOC) 1, improved DASS, IFF Mode 5, Rangeless ACMI

Air/Air—AIM-120C-5 AMRAAM, IRIS-T digital

Air/Ground—GBU-24, GPS-guided weapons, ALARM, Paveway III & IV, Rafael LITENING III

Block 15

EOC 2

Air/Air—METEOR,

Air/Ground—TAURUS, Storm Shadow, Brimstone

Block 20

EOC 3

The more advanced stuff I kinda doubt will be in there. But time will tell. And hopefully won't be cancelled like the last one. Can't friggin wait

It was a typo....they still don’t know which version they will offer

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Euro fighter now in development in news.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2020-03-27_Typhoon/

So yeah how do you like them apples? Lol

Ask and you shall receive.

While I am surprised that it has been cleared for development earlier than expected. I am not surprised it is getting developed because it is such an iconic bird. This really goes to show that if a popular jet is not yet in DCS it is mostly because the right team that gets everything lined up has not come along yet. So if other hot jets like the Tornado have not been done yet it is simply not its time. In a way I am actually happy about the Euro fighter coming to DCS mostly because Europe will finally have something good that represents it. And hopefully that will appease some of those crying about the Tornado.

Also if they're aiming for the most modern Typhoon, that'll mean AESA RADAR - something totally new in DCS (which I might add, struggles a little in that department, and only a select few modules feature ray-tracing RADARs AFAIK).

While it will be a German Typhoon first, Oman operates them as well as Qatar and Saudi Arabia, so we do actually have a Eurofighter base(Oman) in the PG map

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Oman operates them as well as Qatar and Saudi Arabia, so we do actually have a Eurofighter base(Oman) in the PG map

i just got a lot more excited for this aircraft!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Not going to happen I'm afraid the relevant documentation and data just isn't available for developers.

6pf-E1suEPu7Emg5XJRTf5FpgPb-AW940AAzmTeqr6kPXJleHPAmnPb_pFi4U9E_e2hb2j-8v93l_lukQURg-MwTHizN25zlbGQHg9grXieEbCvgL6wqfokDKNcgLF_oEcxz___7896SQ4xUFY25ropFWEJf_e7pyg4

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

6pf-E1suEPu7Emg5XJRTf5FpgPb-AW940AAzmTeqr6kPXJleHPAmnPb_pFi4U9E_e2hb2j-8v93l_lukQURg-MwTHizN25zlbGQHg9grXieEbCvgL6wqfokDKNcgLF_oEcxz___7896SQ4xUFY25ropFWEJf_e7pyg4

Yep, already addressed this, I am way ahead of you... :rolleyes:

They have got official licensing from Eurofighter GmbH, and I was mistaken (I'm guessing it's a similar story to the A-10Cs development).

We are in constant communication with the “NETMA” and our licensor “Eurofighter Jagdflugzeug GmbH” in order to bring you the most current version of the Eurofighter possible, without violating classified information.

Features, on the Typhoon is still subject to what documentation they can find, they didn't confirm it on the FAQ. Even A/G has yet to be confirmed...

Will the Eurofighter Typhoon include HMD, A/G, Iris-T, Meteor, Pirate, DVI?

We are working hard to include all capabilities of all different Typhoon nations. However, please keep in mind that there is a limit to what we can display with only using publicly available data.

Edited by Northstar98

System:

While it will be a German Typhoon first, Oman operates them as well as Qatar and Saudi Arabia, so we do actually have a Eurofighter base(Oman) in the PG map

Whoopsie yep, my bad.

System:

The earlier Tranche of aircraft (Tranche is similar to 'Block')

Similar mate but the Typhoon is built using a block upgrade program (BUP) within the Tranches.

The Partner nations signs up to a tranche of aircraft, in this case when Typhoon kicked off they all signed up for Tranche 1 Block (whatever) jets and then as the technology matures they say aircraft 20+ will all be Block 2 and so on until the number of jets signed up for in Tranche 1 are on the production line then with the maturity of the program I think they stated the last Block in Tranche 1 would be 5.

They they upgrade/retrofit all past aircraft to the final block 5 standard, I think there are also some nation specific requirements in the blocks too.

Between Tranche 1 and Tranche 2 IIRC there were some structural design changes, the one that springs to mind was the ability to add a conformal fuel tank. Now its not been done, but you couldn't upgrade T1 aircraft with conformal tanks without some pretty major structural changes (if at all).

I am pretty sure that the UK Block 5 had some significant differences to the German ones as the UK needed Air to Ground to replace the Tonkas and leave the UK with just two types, F-35 and the Tiffy, which I believe only accelerated in Tranche 2 where the RAF aircraft are all weather multi-role aircraft, I think the Luftwaffe are primarily A2A with the Lufwaffe still operating the Tonkas for a number more years, so why spend on upgrades you have another platform assigned to that role.

German T1 Block 5 I think would be type we get, Im not sure if it has Paveway capability in Germany.

I would be dreaming if we get it in Tranche 2 with Brimstones and Stormshadow.

I love these threads where it goes "NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!" and next we know.... BOOM BABY!

I have had two modern european fighters that I like to see in DCS.

1) Gripen E/F

2) Eurofighter Typhoon

Now the other can be crossed over.

And why I liked to see those? Because I don't see them as much Western aircrafts like the common F-18, F-16 etc that are purely USA based aircrafts with their on designs of systems etc.

The Eurofighter Typhoon has one of the most unique cockpits there is.

When VEAO years back announced that they have obtained preliminary licensing discussions for Eurofighter Typhoon, it was already known that there is changes to see it in DCS by someone else than VEAO once they went over.

So when the manufacturer is already been ready for the licensing, it is just question that if someone else could make their own agreements. And nice for now.

Now for next thing is to see if example Heatblur could make agreement with SAAB and get Gripen to DCS as well... SAAB is fairly good in promoting their fighter and it could be good opportunity to do so with DCS as well.

We do need to remember that lots of the cold war era attitudes has changed. Governments has changed a lot, and influential people from those times has already started to pass away, and whole world has changed more digitized and open by information.

Like alone in 70-80's one could have photographed an aircraft in airshow, and to get it published in the aviation magazine could have been considered challenging. And if you got to sit in the cockpit, change that you get to take camera anywhere near close to those could have been spying.

The information iron curtain has been for long time still going. You can find some information about even old obsolete aircrafts and systems, but it truly is only now when there starts to come these information tidbits via various sources.

But one thing these weapons manufacturers has learned, is that war is business. That is something that Vietnam war did change that people first time at home could actually see what the war truly was about. And today kids with games and such, are tomorrows decision makers in governments etc. So it is just normal business, you want to get that kid playing your sugar cigarette and liquor pipes, as 10-15 years later when they are buying their first cigarette, they likely pick up the brand they have so fond memories from their childhood.

And this is what movie, TV-shows and games are used for. Influent the people, make the brand known and trustworthy etc, brainwash the citizens to believe there is "good guys" and "bad guys" and that way guide people think how they are wanted to think. It is normal media control.

Like on the first page the video about Eurofighter Typhoon cockpit systems, one would have never got such a change to get detailed information of it in 80's:

As DCS is a lot for many, for me it is more about the avionics and system designs. Not so much about flying, the performance and such action, but how the human-machine-interface has been designed and developed. And that is where VR becomes so amazing with hand controllers that you truly start to value good designs over bad ones, and I can't wait to get hand tracking working in DCS without any controllers.

And almost no matter what variant the Eurofighter Typhoon will be shaping, it truly will be unique by its cockpit design.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

That is why we need to trust and believe to Eagle Dynamics, as they are the ones that act as a gate keepers to high quality simulators. They are the ones that will in the last hand guarantee the quality from the third party studios by verifying the data studios has and then what they have simulated.

The case VEAO was that they simply didn't honor the deal they had made with ED. So ED was required to add a clause to all licensing agreements post, that if studios drop out, ED will get the licensing etc so that they can maintain and produce the product.

It is ED to thank that they keep the SDK behind the licensing as otherwise DCS would get filled with third party mods that are just disease in the other simulators, where many are just waste of time to even look at, many are mediocre at best and only very few are even value of 30 dollar or so they are asked for.

IF ED would have wanted to make something quick and dirty, we would still be flying Lock On kind simulator with hundreds of aircrafts to fly.... But ED saw the opportunity, possibilities and went forward, and that is now the reason why we have such modules like F/A-18C and F-14. Complex systems, amazing experience to operate those aircrafts and future looks solid for many others to follow. Now the latest being Eurofighter Typhoon.

I could say that doing all the 3D modeling etc is easy, but to for building the studio and running the business that makes it possible to dedicate people programming and producing that software product is the real challenge. Why ED created Belsimtek in first place, to show others that how to create a studio and how to run the business that is required to make the modules for DCS World.

And this is one of those reason why I don't personally like so much about so often happening special sales of -50% or so, as it is cutting the income from the studios. But ED knows their business and it must be good way to get sales going through years to come.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I love these threads where it goes "NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!" and next we know.... BOOM BABY!

I have had two modern european fighters that I like to see in DCS.

1) Gripen E/F

2) Eurofighter Typhoon

Common be realistic here. In the most optimistic scenario if we a see a gripen iit would probably be A/C version at best not the E which only 5 production level aircraft have taken flight thus far.

We still don't know the official statement from devs of what EF version we are getting, but id bet money it certainly isn't latest and greatest EF model.

Judging by 3d model ( even if WIP) , is almost certainly a Tranche 1, which for all intents and purposes was not out of the realm of possibility to begin with, at least not since VEAO said they could do one.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

We don’t have a Typhoon base in the PG map, it’s well outside the modelled area.

Besides, the Oman jets are PSC 12.85N.40, which isn’t what we’ll be getting.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL