WIP : Improve/rework of the exterior textures in 8K

Mav783

Hi,

Thank for your kind words Conroy :)

The "wrong" thing with the UEA livery is that : it's not a 2000C but a -9 (a special version, much more close to the -5F than the C, even if also different from the -5F).

I wanted to do first the actual existing export versions of the "C" as the Egyptian EM and Greek EG.

But, but... "because" of Persian Gulf i maybe need to do the UEA, yes :D

The 1/2 Cigognes are not using the C version no more (only the "2/5 Ile-de-France" are still using the C version IRL, all other squadrons goes on -5F), but can be good to do, yep.

I may do the 1/30 Alsace also (with it black radome).

But all that will not be done before long time. I simply don't have the time now, but maybe later. I will keep you udpated if that happen for sure.

Edited by Mav783

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys :)

Britchot, what you mean by the IC issue ?

If you mean that the plane don't load the texture (all black), yes and no, the only way founded to fix it is to set up the textures to the max setting.

++

Thanks guys :)

Britchot, what you mean by the IC issue ?

If you mean that the plane don't load the texture (all black), yes and no, the only way founded to fix it is to set up the textures to the max setting.

++

I think he means the fact that the texture pack can't be used in multiplayer servers with integrity check.

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone !

Just to give some news, i did access back my old broken computer (the HD) and i did work on some littles updates recently for this skin work :

- Added : Squadron's patchs 2/5 IDF + French flag + Mirage 2000 2/5 IDF patch for the pilot outside view.
- Added : 2/5 IDF custom pilot helmet  + roughmet map.
- Added : Canopy scratches for external view, from Watermanpc. I thanks him so much for the authorization to integrate his mod ! 🙂

File https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307930/

ACtC-3f8BFe3aR8i2kSocHr0bXtsGD8qUYW7yceQ

ISSUE NOTE :

- About the IC issue, i use JSGME and some of my teammates are also flying with the skin with no IC issue. I don't know how to fix it because i don't meet the problem. But if you have/had it and if you have any idea how to fix, please d'ont hesitate to say it ! 🙂

- About the "black texture/unloaded", this issue is "fixed"...Simply : DCS don't load 8K livery if the software is setted on low or medium in "textures quality". So, to see this livery, DCS textures quality setting must be on "HIGH".

---

I also worked on a new livery. I know it's not what was expected, but for some reason i wanted so much to make the Egyptian livery from this Mirage's version. I sadly don't have the free time i had before, and this livery was perfect (because simple but beautifull i think). So, this is the Mirage 2000 EM from the Egyptian Air Force.
It's a realistic livery, from the 90's :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3316176/

Some screenshots :

1_EM.jpg

2_EM.jpg

See you !  (and sorry in advance if i don't answer you fastly, i'm really out of time right now :s).

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 6

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I updated the Mirage 2000 EM (Egypt Airforce) : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3316176/

As said in the description file, i deleated the orange dash on the wings, and made the plane's underside more lighter. As it is in real.

Now, i need more data to update the colors of the sensors everywhere on the plane, Mirage 2000EM photo are rares. Also, next updated will be the bi-colored 1000t tanksfuel.

1_EM.jpg

2_EM.jpg

Real life photos, wich are not good quality and show how the colors are affected by weather and camera type. Knowing real data color code are not catching nicely in DCS comparing to what we can see irl. Wich make this colorimetry pretty hard to manage and make a decision about 🙂  :

See you 😉

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 2

Yep i can make this tail totally, but i don't know if i will remplace the standard one (in black). I know much of the 2/5 IDF's planes don't have it, but it exist and i love it 😄

But i can drop this "clear" tail as a file beside (like in a google drive). Yep 🙂

For the helmet, i made it aldready 😄 It was sooo visible, so flashy, so i decided to make it in black. But i can send you the blue one if you want.

Just give me some days because i'm going to a meeting tomorow night, and for all the WE 😉

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 1

Yes ok, understood 🙂 I can do that and send it in a specific files. 

Also, as you can see, a 2/5IDF black specific helmet is included with the 2/5 IDF one (not the EM one). But i will send you a blue one 😉

Also, finally i made the fuel tank today for the EM version. So, i updated again the files 😄 :

unknown.png

I also aim to make the EG (Greek version) in the futur, because it is still used by the Hellenic Air Force, but i don't know when i will start that.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Merci Megalax 🙂

Ceci-dit, attend je passe en anglais pour tout le monde.

This project is now passing under other hands wich have more details about the plane and already made a crazy work.

I gave them my rework template and they re-organised it and worked on again. Now, theire is more advanced and detailed "roughtmet" and "normals". You can see and download this work here :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3318873/

Screen_211016_1630011.png

So, from now, i will not update my own version, but this new version from Malbak will be the only one that maybe will have futur update (from Malbak) 😉 

Just give a look, it is my re-work, but they made it look better, more detailed, more realistic, and more balanced ! 🙂

I now only fly with this skin 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...