Will Normandy and The Channel map be able to merge for one mission/campaign?

jetsimace

There is no precedence for 2 maps to be merged. It would be such a big feature/change that it certainly would have been advertised.

That aside the two maps are made by different companies, they are different products, probably made quite differently with different textures and likely colouring/shading in different seasons, possibly models, level of detail in different sections etc. Flying from one to the other would probably be quite jarring from a visual perspective if they were even right next to each other or overlapping (which it doesn't seem like they will be).

Its probably quite unrealistic to consider it a possibility tbh

Not in one mission but it'd be fairly simple (if not possible already) to come up with campaign that have missions in different maps.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team

Hi

It is not possible to merge terrains, they are from different parties.

However I see what you are saying, if a campaign creator chose different locations Normandy or The Channel for individual missions within a campaign that of-course would be possible.

It would mean that the end user would need to own both terrains to purchase the campaign.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
Hi

This is really really bad news for me. I really wished to experience the whole theatre as a whole

Thanks for posting this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi

However I see what you are saying, if a campaign creator chose different locations Normandy or The Channel for individual missions within a campaign that of-course would be possible.

It would mean that the end user would need to own both terrains to purchase the campaign.

Hello, other sims make it posisble to merge sceneries from different vendors. Please do not take it wrong. I am a big fan of ED. Once the Mosquito is out, it would be great to have a big ww2 theatre.

Hello, other sims make it posisble to merge sceneries from different vendors. Please do not take it wrong. I am a big fan of ED. Once the Mosquito is out, it would be great to have a big ww2 theatre.

The DCS editor / engine has not capable to join maps from two diferent products yet to build bigger missions, that can require the "whole map" technology.

• 1 year later...

There is, however, an action Start Mission which could be triggered by, say, the player aircraft at the edge of one map and then Start Mission at the beginning of another map. Could also be used to shorten a long flight, say across Syria, and then pick up closer to the destination.

I've never used Start Mission but am intrigued by the idea...

• Like 1