How to use SA and AWACS

dresoccer4

hi guys - been banging my head against the wall for a while about this.

i have a custom mission set up with an AWACS flying around and several friendlies and bogeys. however none of them are showing up on my SA page. i'm looking in Chuck's guide and it doesn't say how to get it to work, just that it should.

what steps do i need to take to get the AWACS picture on my SA page?

[ATTACH]224836[/ATTACH]

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Have you pressed the D/L key on the UFC and selected ON to turn the data link on?

First thing that springs to my mind anyway. But if it's mission planner related I can't say as I have zero experience using it.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Have you pressed the D/L key on the UFC and selected ON to turn the data link on?

First thing that springs to my mind anyway. But if it's mission planner related I can't say as I have zero experience using it.

You have to turn on the datalink, it's the D/L between ILS and BCN on the UFC

yup that did it, thanks!

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

so it's working, but when is scroll the TDC over a target, the info is cut off on the bottom so i can't see the info...any idea how to fix?

[ATTACH]224838[/ATTACH]

Yup. Don't use your left DDI for the SA page. ;)

If memory serves I read this is an irritating "feature" from the actual aircraft. The caution & advisories clutter the area.

You can press master caution twice to restack them but I believe things will still be obscured. I believe the intent is for use of SA/HSI on the AMPCD.

Correct, the intent is to have the SA page on the AMPCD. That way, you can also display the moving map.

The Advisories line will blank the left DDI, whether there are advisories to display or not. I remember some people saying that it was a bug and that the line should go away if no advisory is present, but I don't know if it's actually considered a bug or not right now.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yup. Don't use your left DDI for the SA page. ;)

If memory serves I read this is an irritating "feature" from the actual aircraft. The caution & advisories clutter the area.

You can press master caution twice to restack them but I believe things will still be obscured. I believe the intent is for use of SA/HSI on the AMPCD.

Correct, the intent is to have the SA page on the AMPCD. That way, you can also display the moving map.

The Advisories line will blank the left DDI, whether there are advisories to display or not. I remember some people saying that it was a bug and that the line should go away if no advisory is present, but I don't know if it's actually considered a bug or not right now.

thanks for the solid answers guys :thumbup:

but I don't know if it's actually considered a bug or not right now.

it was accepted as a bug but nobody touched it so far

the advisory line is supposed to disappear when there are no advisories, as proved by multiple real hornet photos and real hornet pilots comments.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580