Fictional Livery

Jester986

Could we get an official fictional Russian Navy livery for the Harrier? With the Marianas coming out and nothing but the Su-33 to fly from the upgraded Kuznetsov I imagine we are likely to see plenty of Harriers taking off from it online as its the only other aircraft that really can. There are some good ones in the user files but those don't work with public servers when everyone doesn't have it downloaded.

My thoughts exactly. There's actually plenty of fictional liveries in the game. I don't believe in balancing a sim with the real world aircraft are inferior or superior. But at a certain point in public servers you have to give the red side something to do. And you can see plenty of servers who give redfor blue aircraft.

It's appreciated, and there are good Russian Harrier liveries out there. But the idea was for the sake of playing online where it can be difficult if not impossible to get everyone coordinated on mods. I figured it was a long shot but thought I'd ask. Thanks for response.

I mean having a yak-38 skin for the harrier when we put it on red. I'm part of a large online squadron and we have a hard time getting everyone to download skins for missions. If you had the harrier on red on a public server it would be impossible to get the transient players to download them. By making it part of the base game and including a fictional livery make visual ID possible that its a hostile harrier. I understand if you guys decide no to do it, but having a few fictional skins for the opposite coalition is pretty useful. Quite a few modules including ED's do it. The A-10C is a great example.

I mean having a yak-38 skin for the harrier when we put it on red. I'm part of a large online squadron and we have a hard time getting everyone to download skins for missions. If you had the harrier on red on a public server it would be impossible to get the transient players to download them. By making it part of the base game and including a fictional livery make visual ID possible that its a hostile harrier. I understand if you guys decide no to do it, but having a few fictional skins for the opposite coalition is pretty useful. Quite a few modules including ED's do it. The A-10C is a great example.

This is actually a brilliant idea! especially for online MP server use. That way it could be used by both sides! You could even limit the "Russian" harrier to dumb bombs and Mavs and no TPOD etc. It would still be more capable but still fun.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

A standard "redfor" skin would really be useful. Especially for servers with a limited plane set, missing IFF and such. Visual is the best way to see if you're about to shove a sidewinder up a bad guys tail pipe. Just a simple Yak-38 like skin would be good.