HARMs damaging ship radars.

Ironwulf

There isn no dammage modelling for sub systems of vehicles.

AFAIK it is planned to implement sub system dammage for vehicles as part of the new dammage model, but this will probably take some years, as vehicles are the last part of the new dammage model. First will be WW2 aircraft, then modern aircraft, then vehicles.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not to mention that but pretty much all of the naval assets are outdated by comparison or are at least in need of some reworking (incl. the Chinese Asset Pack ships).

AFAIK HARM's don't even track antennae (when they should).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

AFAIK HARM's don't even track antennae (when they should).

Indeed, they track the center of the vehicle.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Indeed, they track the center of the vehicle.

HARM is a passive tracker, it cannot track a physical centre of any vehicle, it homes onto the emitter energy only. (Real world)

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

HARM is a passive tracker, it cannot track a physical centre of any vehicle, it homes onto the emitter energy only. (Real world)

Yeah IRL, but as I said: Vehicle sub systems are not modeled in DCS, hence the HARM tracks the centre of the vehicle, just like any missile does in DCS.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah IRL, but as I said: Vehicle sub systems are not modeled in DCS, hence the HARM tracks the centre of the vehicle, just like any missile does in DCS.

At least the air defences on the Stennis seem to be modelled as own sub systems, as they are destroyable without sinking the ship itself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At least the air defences on the Stennis seem to be modelled as own sub systems, as they are destroyable without sinking the ship itself.

Really? I didn't know the DCS engine does already support such functions for AI/ground units. Interesting...

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 months later...