SA-11 shot down AGM-154A but not AGM-154C

RavenFrost

Hi Folks,

As the titel states, I expierenced that the SA-11 is able to shot down AGM-154A but not AGM-154C's.

I did a cold start form the Stennis and set the SAM to "Alertstate Red" in the ME befor. So my question is, should JSOW's get shot down by SA-11 Sites or not?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so an SA-11 knocking off a JSOW is plausible.

This is a bug, not a feature.

The SA-11 should be able shoot down all JSOW variations, not just a A model and unable for C model.

As each missile and bomb has just LUA code tag that it can be shot down, it has been forgotten to be enabled for the C model, while it is for A model.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I am able to post this message because certain kinds of missiles can shoot down other certain kinds of missiles, so an SA-11 knocking off a JSOW is plausible.

If SAM's are able to take out A2G Ordernance, that's fine for me.

What I'am curios about is this....

This is a bug, not a feature.

The SA-11 should be able shoot down all JSOW variations, not just a A model and unable for C model.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something is buggy with the JSOW-A because even IR sams are shooting at it.

Same for js17 gb6 and ls6.

Realistically ir manpads shouldnt.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 5 weeks later...
Isn't the JSOW supposed to be low-signature, indeed to improve survivability against SAM systems ? I'm not saying it shouldn't be shootable by any air defense system, but I'm wondering if and how it is taken into account vs other other ordnance. In any case, certainly both variants should behave the same.

The makers of the SA-15 (so yeah ok take with a grain of salt) claim they can indeed shoot down a JSOW. It follows logically it should also be able to shoot down a JDAM, but that isnt modelled.

• 2 weeks later...
The makers of the SA-15 (so yeah ok take with a grain of salt) claim they can indeed shoot down a JSOW. It follows logically it should also be able to shoot down a JDAM, but that isnt modelled.

SA-15 can even shoot down HARM,but SA-11 can't.

I'm not sure if it will happen in reality.